Chicago Teachers Strike Over Issues D...

Chicago Teachers Strike Over Issues Debated in Buffalo, Nationwide

There are 2 comments on the WBEN-AM Buffalo story from Sep 10, 2012, titled Chicago Teachers Strike Over Issues Debated in Buffalo, Nationwide. In it, WBEN-AM Buffalo reports that:

Thousands of teachers walked off the job Monday in Chicago's first schools strike in 25 years, after union leaders announced that months-long negotiations had failed to resolve a contract dispute with school district officials by a midnight deadline.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBEN-AM Buffalo.

Since: Mar 08

Buffalo, NY

#1 Sep 11, 2012
They don't need a contract. Everyone hired by an entity funded by tax dollars should be hired and dealt with on their own merit.
buffalo blue

Buffalo, NY

#2 Sep 11, 2012
where is the teacher's compassion for the kid's i presume union teachers make a good living do not have work out side in wimter weather.do not work swing shift and have free rein on how they do their job.so now they seem to be doing this strike for a reason which may be theatrics smoke and deversion for political reasons will government come to the rescue STAY TUNED TO THIS BAT CHANNEL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rahm Emanuel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump now says he wants to help children of ill... Wed Dee Dee Dee 2
News Dear President-Elect Trump, Please Don't Let Ra... Wed Wildchild 1
News Chicago creates legal fund for immigrants facin... Dec 4 Sprinkles3228 5
News Chicago's resistance Dec 4 Lickz8951 3
News Chicago Mayor Battles Trump, Pledges $1M Legal ... Dec 4 coyote505 2
News Chicago pledges $1 mil to protect a anxious and... Dec 3 Anonymous 2
News Chicago schools eye bond sales despite new budg... Dec 3 Le Jimbo 4
More from around the web