Chicago's murder rate plunged in 2013

Chicago's murder rate plunged in 2013

There are 3 comments on the Yahoo! story from Jan 1, 2014, titled Chicago's murder rate plunged in 2013. In it, Yahoo! reports that:

A makeshift memorial is seen in Chicago, Tuesday, March 12, 2013, at the site where 6-month-old girl Jonylah Watkins, and her father, a known gang member, were shot Monday, March 11. The girl, who was shot five times, died Tuesday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Yahoo!.

Cat74

Schaumburg, IL

#2 Jan 1, 2014
They lied. According to 2people in the family that are members of the Chicago Police Department they aren't publically counting 12 to 15% of the murders. They are called accidental shootings, and suicides. It would make them look derelict to report all of them.
Eleanor

Mundelein, IL

#3 Jan 3, 2014
The former Mayor of Chicago must have had a tight lid on the media about shootings in Chicago. Back then one hardly heared about many shootings.

Now people in Chicago are being shot EVERY WEEK !!

It's hard to imagine that reports of SO MANY SHOOTINGS are actually in a DECLINE !!

I guess the saying goes: "Statistics don't lie, but liars USE statisticts".
Cat74

Plainfield, IL

#4 Jan 3, 2014
That's right. I ask my nephew why we never heard of this kind of killing under Daley, and he said Daily had a deal The press was free to drop by his office any time they wanted but they had to keep much off the record. If they told the truth instead of just omitting the problem news they were never heard from again, as in their news profession was fini. They were relegated to Suburban papers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rahm Emanuel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mayor: Chicago school cuts include layoffs, les... 3 hr yourown 1
News Episcopalians vote to allow gay marriage in chu... Fri Belle Sexton 4
News Chicago mayor to detail $200 million in school ... Jul 2 RalphB 4
News Chicago mayor to detail $200 million in school ... Jul 1 Novus Ordo Seclorum 6
News New security measures in place at NY prison aft... Jul 1 tod see the light 2
News Chicago plans trade mission to China Jun 23 Dave 2
News Delamaide: Pope joins bank critics Jun 23 Eleanor 1
More from around the web