Chicago teachers to strike after talk...

Chicago teachers to strike after talks fail

There are 22 comments on the Ledger-Enquirer.com story from Sep 9, 2012, titled Chicago teachers to strike after talks fail. In it, Ledger-Enquirer.com reports that:

"We will be on the line," Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis said after emerging from all-day talks with district negotiators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ledger-Enquirer.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Waytogo”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#24 Sep 10, 2012
RustyS wrote:
ToManyLaws represents the true old union teacher. We need more money to educate children, however, the majority must go to pay me more. The working class is tired of more taxes to pay for teachers who already make $40-$85/hr plus benefits. 4 year degrees are a dime a dozen today. The very last thing he wants to see is someone looking up actual facts. It does explain his personal attacks. Most teachers do a great job and are very well paid for it. Fresh out of school first time teachers don’t make lots of money, neither does any other brand new professional. When you look at a $40/hr average in MN, that means the new staff is making less than that. Guys like ToMany make far more. If teachers like him came forward and said I’m making $90K plus benefits and need more, they would not get the salary sympathy they rely on.
I own a small business I am not a teacher. REST OF WHAT YOU POSTED IS ALSO LIES FROM A PILE OF NAZI FASCIST GOP TRASH.........

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#25 Sep 10, 2012
Not a teacher? Perhaps your husband?. Only a hardcore progressive would call taking tax dollars a small business. Either way, the best thing you can do is lobby for higher local property and sales taxes to give the teachers union a little help. Should be an easy sell in MN.

By the way, I'm not a Republican. I could be a fiscally conservative Democrat that is just tired of whiney ultra-progressives like yourself ruining the party.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rahm Emanuel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chicago creates legal fund for immigrants facin... Sun Sprinkles3228 5
News Chicago's resistance Sun Lickz8951 3
News Chicago Mayor Battles Trump, Pledges $1M Legal ... Dec 4 coyote505 2
News Chicago pledges $1 mil to protect a anxious and... Dec 3 Anonymous 2
News Chicago schools eye bond sales despite new budg... Dec 3 Le Jimbo 4
News Chicago Mayor Emanuel Makes Strides After Shoot... Nov 27 Babydoll 3
News Protesters Gather In Chicago Shopping Zone On B... Nov 27 former democrat 2
More from around the web