Gardner: African-Americans deserve fa...

Gardner: African-Americans deserve fair share of construction jobs

There are 15 comments on the WLS-AM Chicago story from Oct 9, 2012, titled Gardner: African-Americans deserve fair share of construction jobs. In it, WLS-AM Chicago reports that:

Story by 89 WLS reporter Bill Cameron CHICAGO - Soft Sheen founder Ed Gardner met with Mayor Emanuel this afternoon about getting more construction jobs for African-Americans. He says he told the mayor African-Americans deserve a fair share of the city's construction jobs in the African-Americans community.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLS-AM Chicago.

Zombie Corpse Rental

San Jose, CA

#1 Oct 9, 2012
And exactly why does your skin color entitle you to a job?
3OHA

San Jose, CA

#2 Oct 9, 2012
White Democrats in many cities have set up good old boy networks, where they contract construction jobs to White out of town providers through White out of town consulting firms, who provide a very tricky method of kickbacks to the White Democrats doing this to avoid local scrutiny. This is especially common to the cities encouraging the surge of Blacks into their postbellum cities to fill extremely menial labor positions and where White Democrats established and maintained the ghettos all these years. With the current White Democrat insistence to encourage and maintain illegal entry into the US, there has been a shift away from employing Blacks in even menial labor positions. Thus, the Democrat cities have 25% and more of the Black youth unemployed and Detroit e.g. has been turned into a vicious war zone. How White Democrats have been able to maintain this atrocious system is related to their fundamental USE of racism to channel society; when it explodes in their faces, they throw free money at it, which has historically made the problems worse.
Prophet

United States

#3 Oct 9, 2012
Italians,Germans,Russians,Afri cans,Chinese were all done the same and committed genocide. Slaves are afraid of False Evidence Appearing Real and they wont fight massa because massa be 'kind' and they have no self-esteem.
Bayou City

Houston, TX

#4 Oct 9, 2012
The AA's would get a fair share of construction jobs if they could pass a drug test, but they can't so the point is moot. For all of you out there looking at the world through rose-colored glasses, know this: Negroes love weed more than life itself. Next.......
Occupy this

San Francisco, CA

#5 Oct 9, 2012
I thouhgt this was going to be some feel good piece from "Jennifer Gardner." Now, I'm dissapointed. Maybe it's "Jennifer Garner." Oh well.

“I'm a proud grandma”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#6 Oct 9, 2012
3OHA wrote:
White Democrats in many cities have set up good old boy networks, where they contract construction jobs to White out of town providers through White out of town consulting firms, who provide a very tricky method of kickbacks to the White Democrats doing this to avoid local scrutiny. This is especially common to the cities encouraging the surge of Blacks into their postbellum cities to fill extremely menial labor positions and where White Democrats established and maintained the ghettos all these years. With the current White Democrat insistence to encourage and maintain illegal entry into the US, there has been a shift away from employing Blacks in even menial labor positions. Thus, the Democrat cities have 25% and more of the Black youth unemployed and Detroit e.g. has been turned into a vicious war zone. How White Democrats have been able to maintain this atrocious system is related to their fundamental USE of racism to channel society; when it explodes in their faces, they throw free money at it, which has historically made the problems worse.
The good old boy network locks alot of Blacks out. And the illegals work for less per hour. It is hard to get construction work. I know a few Black contractors doing OK, but most have to compete against whites that use illegals.
Prophet

United States

#7 Oct 9, 2012
I am black from the hood we arent bad ppl any child will react to their environment.
Occupy this

San Francisco, CA

#8 Oct 9, 2012
Prophet wrote:
I am black from the hood we arent bad ppl any child will react to their environment.
Just understand that Obama didn't grow up in your environment. You are more an alien to Obama than to Romney.
Prophet

United States

#9 Oct 9, 2012
Occupy this wrote:
<quoted text>
Just understand that Obama didn't grow up in your environment. You are more an alien to Obama than to Romney.
Fxck Obama I swear to God he is a bytch bytches talk a lot regardless of gender. I took beatings till I was 9 and grabbed the belt.

“Obsidian Princess”

Since: Sep 09

louisiana

#10 Oct 10, 2012
Zombie Corpse Rental wrote:
And exactly why does your skin color entitle you to a job?
these are not simply "jobs" these are government alloted contracts that are being monopolized by a few cooporations that happen to be all white.

since we are tax payors and live as a majority in certain areas (where we are paying most of the taxes) we are ENTITILED to contracts concerning construction work specifically done in the areas were we are the majority tax payors and there are laws on the books in just about every city that specifically support what i am saying.

you suckers complain that we don't work and then turn around and complain we are looking for work... crazy, crazy people.

“Obsidian Princess”

Since: Sep 09

louisiana

#11 Oct 10, 2012
funny how white folk complain about american jobs being out sourced to foriegn countries and go on a wild with their "occupy" movement but when we complain about unfair distribution of jobs and contracts folk start talking about skin color not being a qualifier for a job, you can't pass a drug test anyway, etc.. etc...

just pure hypocrisy and craziness!

we better not demand fair hiring practices and we better be working somewhere! LOL!!!
Prophet

United States

#12 Oct 10, 2012
dragonpat wrote:
funny how white folk complain about american jobs being out sourced to foriegn countries and go on a wild with their "occupy" movement but when we complain about unfair distribution of jobs and contracts folk start talking about skin color not being a qualifier for a job, you can't pass a drug test anyway, etc.. etc...
just pure hypocrisy and craziness!
we better not demand fair hiring practices and we better be working somewhere! LOL!!!
The posters were told to do wrong things by their parents.
August

Palatka, FL

#13 Oct 10, 2012
Right now the only construction jobs are through the USACE (Army Corps) and, black, white or green, the amount of hoops you have to jump to work these jobs is astounding (regulation to the point of strangulation).:(
Bottom line, EVERYBODY needs work.
I am police

United States

#14 Oct 10, 2012
We bez gangsta 4real. Black and blue mexi2mts. I kill ur dogs!

“I'm a proud grandma”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#15 Oct 11, 2012
dragonpat wrote:
<quoted text>
these are not simply "jobs" these are government alloted contracts that are being monopolized by a few cooporations that happen to be all white.
since we are tax payors and live as a majority in certain areas (where we are paying most of the taxes) we are ENTITILED to contracts concerning construction work specifically done in the areas were we are the majority tax payors and there are laws on the books in just about every city that specifically support what i am saying.
you suckers complain that we don't work and then turn around and complain we are looking for work... crazy, crazy people.
There is too much cronyism in government contracting, that locks out Blacks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rahm Emanuel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Congressman Luis Gutierrez handcuffed during si... Mar 17 Bud Abing 3
News Chicago's homeless need housing, not handouts Mar 17 Earl 9
News Black Lives Matter* (Oct '15) Mar 15 Texxy 1,997
News Emanuel's 'people plazas' program struggling to... Mar 3 Rep Denny Hasturd 2
News Obama-Backed Candidate Wins 4th Ward Special El... Mar 2 former democrat 3
News American Writers Museum to open in Chicago in May Feb 27 Trump is the man 1
News Firing recommended for Chicago cop for allegedl... Feb '17 Xstain Mullah Decree 3
More from around the web