Congress Wants Probe of Tape Destruction

Full story: The Associated Press

Angry congressional Democrats demanded Friday that the Justice Department investigate why the CIA destroyed videotapes of the interrogation of two terrorism suspects.
Comments
1 - 20 of 403 Comments Last updated Apr 23, 2008
First Prev
of 21
Next Last
Peter Duane

Sutherland, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2007

De ja vu !!
The CIA has tortured, maimed and murdered. Again !!
This is not new behaviour but consistent behaviour. The CIA tortured the VC and others during the Vietnam War. ie Operation Phoenix The CIA did the same in Latin America. ie Operation Condor
This time the WOT has fallen over !! ie Operation Enduring Freedom The CIA have committed the unpardonable sin. They have failed. Everybody knows they have failed. With modern media coverage, all Americans can see Baghdad burning !! They can see the barbarities of Abu Ghraib !! ie Sexually deviant CIA interrogators in action !!
Americans dont care about the deaths/torture of Communists and other freedom fighters. But they are losing the battle for Iraq's oil reserves to an Iraqi insurgency, they cant beat militarily. They do care about this loss !!
The CIA officers involved in detainee torture dont want any evidence left of their activities. Hence the tapes had to be destroyed.
Count Da Money

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2007

Quote- "Sen. Edward Kennedy, D-Mass., accused the CIA of a cover-up.'We haven't seen anything like this since the 18 1/2-minute gap in the tapes of President Richard Nixon,' he said in a Senate floor speech."

We have not seen any coverup like this since Chappaquiddick.

Or has Kennedy conveniently forgotten?

Oh, that's different, because he is a liberal Democrat.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2007

for 6+ yrs all we have seen from this admin is lies, screw ups, cover ups, mistakes, bad decisions, waste, corruption, and more cover ups.

bush and cheney couldn't run a candy story
Chicago Born

Greenville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2007

Coolmind wrote:
for 6+ yrs all we have seen from this admin is lies, screw ups, cover ups, mistakes, bad decisions, waste, corruption, and more cover ups.
bush and cheney couldn't run a candy story
This post and the post above are proof that the kook fringe is alive and well. The President & Vice President sure are doing better than you. And no they aren't running a candy store, they are running the most powerful country in the world. But that's alright we know you're a little sight challenged. In other words, You can't see the forest for the trees.
CIA Director Bocephus

Land O Lakes, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2007

Ahem, harrumph!!! This is an outrage!! I'm shocked and awed! We promise to keep the terrorist interview torture tapes the next war and get to the bottom of this thing pretty soon. Pass the salt bagel and creme cheese please. Yes, with chives. Next item.
real time

Auburn Hills, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2007

Chicago Born wrote:
<quoted text>This post and the post above are proof that the kook fringe is alive and well. The President & Vice President sure are doing better than you. And no they aren't running a candy store, they are running the most powerful country in the world. But that's alright we know you're a little sight challenged. In other words, You can't see the forest for the trees.
be nice sir,or we my have to take away your party card. Chief Joseph
JOHN Q

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2007

Count Da Money wrote:
Quote- "Sen. Edward Kennedy, D-Mass., accused the CIA of a cover-up.'We haven't seen anything like this since the 18 1/2-minute gap in the tapes of President Richard Nixon,' he said in a Senate floor speech."
We have not seen any coverup like this since Chappaquiddick.
Or has Kennedy conveniently forgotten?
Oh, that's different, because he is a liberal Democrat.
i heard that last night on the news i was going to write the samething but you beat me to it. i wish someone would say that in front of all his constit. that woud shut his pie hole. dam murderer
terrible tim

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2007

Peter Duane wrote:
De ja vu !!
This is not new behaviour but consistent behaviour. The CIA tortured the VC and others during the Vietnam War. ie Operation Phoenix The CIA did the same in Latin America. ie Operation Condor
This time the WOT has fallen over !! ie Operation Enduring Freedom The CIA have committed the unpardonable sin. They have failed. Everybody knows they have failed. With modern media coverage, all Americans can see Baghdad burning !! They can see the barbarities of Abu Ghraib !! ie Sexually deviant CIA interrogators in action !!
Americans dont care about the deaths/torture of Communists and other freedom fighters. But they are losing the battle for Iraq's oil reserves to an Iraqi insurgency, they cant beat militarily. They do care about this loss !!
The CIA officers involved in detainee torture dont want any evidence left of their activities. Hence the tapes had to be destroyed.
I THINK THERE DOING WHATS BEST FOR THIS COUNTRY.MAYBE NOT FOR YOU, BUT WHO CARES ABOUT THAT?

“Gun toting liberal”

Since: Nov 07

Wilmington

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2007

Peter Duane wrote:
De ja vu !!
By "Americans" I hope you mean the current government. Quite a large chunk of us despise all this as much as the rest of the world. And we are working towards becoming energy independent, unlike those oily fools.

By the way, congrats on your recent election.
JOHN Q

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2007

Peter Duane wrote:
De ja vu !!
oh please dont torture those guys the ones that are tortuing are boys and cutting off heads and blowing people to bits.dont torture these people it is so wrong to torture people in order to save innocent lives that would be crazy.hey dumb as@ we wont torture them if they tell us what we want to know its that simple. to save the lives of are soldiers if we must do some torturing im all for it.

“no religion = peace”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2007

although, I can not stand the bush admin. (i think he needs to be tried for treason), congress has zero businies delving into the CIA

“A part-time writer.”

Since: Dec 07

Daro.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2007

Why do they erase the tapes? My closest guess is that their content will implicate many people, from the very top to who knows...down.
The truth is that there is no flesh in their story.
This, by the way, does not mean we want to absolve those who befriend the terrorists. We were just fed-up with all those lies.

Since: Feb 07

Whitman,Ma

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2007

Congress should get out of the investigating business and start being Congress . They meddle into everything and take care of nothing they are elected to do. They only work 4 day work week and should take 1 20% cut in pay. They get a 96 every weekend. Do you working stiffs out there get that and all of the benefits they get. It is time to throw all of the bums out and get some illegals in there who will work 12 days with no overtime and benefits. They can even speak Spanish because at the present time it would not make any difference because no one knows what is going on in Congress.
Dan

Metairie, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2007

What kind of idiot tapes this stuff in the first place? Why no broadcast it on the internet and save the middle-man since that's were it will end up.
JJR

Talala, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2007

the sun king wrote:
although, I can not stand the bush admin.(i think he needs to be tried for treason), congress has zero businies delving into the CIA
Giving aide and comfort to the enemy? I think you have the wrong person to be tried for treason, we need to start with Sen. Clinton, Sen Obama and definitely Rep.Kucinich, they just give fodder to Al Qaeda and their ilk. DO YOU REMEMBER 9/11 or 12/7, thank GOD for President Bush. Yes he is President and it's about time people re-learn civics. Do you others remember in the early days of Iraq 2 the enemy waived white flags and then opened fire on our troops? Better to have this fight on their soil than on ours!
" A man who has found nothing worth dying for, isn't fit to live..." MLK, Jr.
Sasha The Cat

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2007

Chicago Born wrote:
<quoted text>This post and the post above are proof that the kook fringe is alive and well. The President & Vice President sure are doing better than you. And no they aren't running a candy store, they are running the most powerful country in the world. But that's alright we know you're a little sight challenged. In other words, You can't see the forest for the trees.
You have the kook post pal. They are not running anything, they are ruining everything. Anything they touch turns to ashes. Where in the hell are you living? Are you blind too and can't read. You must idolize FAUX tv I bet. Brainwashed moron.
Sasha The Cat

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2007

Are we all that stupid to believe they are 'protecting' some interrogators identitiees. Ha Ha LOL LOL I am pissing my pants on that one. Maybe it was Bush and Cheney doing the waterboarding.
Duncan

Redmond, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2007

Why did they erase the tapes? Because if they'd turned them over to Congress it would have taken 5 minutes before the Lefties would have leaked them to the MSM.

Then the terrorists would have gained knowledge of our interrogation techniques. The same ones crying because Plame was "outed" would have had no problem outing CIA interrogators.

“awesome”

Since: Sep 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2007

Quit wasting time.. if those same people would have gotten their hands on an American, they would have beheaded them.. who cares if they were "tortured" according to our standards which is a joke in their standards.. treat them as they would treat us and they wouldn't get another MEAL!! This is not a game.. we are fighting EVIL!

“awesome”

Since: Sep 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2007

in my book, waterboarding is not torture.. and in my book, our country makes a joke of itself playing namby pamby with these terrorists. Take the gloves off.. you want torture? how about cutting off fingers.. toes, hands? how about digging out eyes? THAT IS TORTURE, not waterboarding. We need to play by the same "rules" that the terrorists play by.. which gives us the right to do anything we darn well please!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 21
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peter Hoekstra Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local projects ready for Obama $timulus (Jan '09) Dec '12 Red_Fist 62
2012 Presidential race surpasses $2B (Dec '12) Dec '12 Lance Winslow 2
Asian-American Super PAC Launches To Hit Back A... (Feb '12) Sep '12 Sunobia 4
Ex-GOP Rep. Hoekstra to run for Mich. Senate seat (Jul '11) Jul '11 WOODCHUCK 1
Intelligence Agencies Fear Future Budget Cuts i... (May '11) May '11 911 was an inside... 1
Polpourri: Hoekstra out, but another West Michi... (Apr '11) Apr '11 imaginaryfriend 44
Democrats don't have a successful reelection pl... (Apr '11) Apr '11 OBat 3
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Peter Hoekstra People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••