CIA admits to deceiving US Congress

CIA admits to deceiving US Congress

There are 450 comments on the www.nytimes.com story from Jul 8, 2009, titled CIA admits to deceiving US Congress. In it, www.nytimes.com reports that:

The director of the CIA admitted that the Central Intelligence Agency lied to and deceived Congress since 2001. This revelation backs up claims which Nancy Pelosi made months earlier about the CIA spreading misinformation to members of Congress. The admission from Leon Panetta comes on the eve of debate of a intelligence spending bill in Congress.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.nytimes.com.

First Prev
of 23
Next Last
Curtis Lowe

Montgomery, AL

#1 Jul 8, 2009
That does it! Panetta and Obama should resign immediately! What kind of agency are they running over there?
NoWay

Loveland, CO

#2 Jul 8, 2009
Thats right !!! The Obama Team says they lied !!!
NoWay

Loveland, CO

#3 Jul 8, 2009
Democrats say the CIA lied, and the NYSlimes runs with it !!! Pathetic

“Ignorantia valde pestifera.”

Since: Jan 09

Harding Township, NJ

#4 Jul 8, 2009
Curtis Lowe wrote:
That does it! Panetta and Obama should resign immediately! What kind of agency are they running over there?
I guess you conveniently missed the whole "CIA admitted lying to Congress SINCE 2001" part of the news story in your blind haste to blame Obama for Bush administration directives and deceptions.

Since: Jul 09

Sonora, CA

#5 Jul 8, 2009
GunnySteve wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you conveniently missed the whole "CIA admitted lying to Congress SINCE 2001" part of the news story in your blind haste to blame Obama for Bush administration directives and deceptions.
lol.so funny watching them spin this...just like they do the bible...the story is titled CIA admits deceiving..lol..and they go oh look its Obamas fault...hmmm..CIA admits lying since 2001...wasn't that a guy named BUSH in office then?...I think so...lol....

G.O.P.= Grand Old Panic

Sonora, CA

#6 Jul 8, 2009
NoWay wrote:
Democrats say the CIA lied, and the NYSlimes runs with it !!! Pathetic
dipstick...the CIA admitted it....SINCE 2001...your hero BUSH was in office then...remember?..lol
PWNED!!

Sonora, CA

#7 Jul 8, 2009
The head of the C.I.A admitted this....thus making this no longer an allegation, but rather a fact!!!!
you republitards lost..get over it...

Are you implying that somehow Obama FORCED the HEAD of the C.I.A. to admit to something they didn't really do?..lol

wow...reeks of desperation

where do you republitards get your news?...
Oh I know...from Palin the failin...
the quitter on twitter...

“Bounce Barry in 12, Dems in 10”

Since: Mar 08

AZ, Sonoran Desert

#9 Jul 8, 2009
Did Congress admit to deceiving the American public yet? Lol. Anyhow, this story is more BS. Panetta, a Dem appointee of BO and Clinton hanger on before that, says that the CIA lied...at least while those nasty Repubs were in charge. Noone will say what they lied about...but it was serious, trust them. More Dem propaganda, spread about by the New York Volkischer Beobachter.:)
Curtis Lowe

Montgomery, AL

#10 Jul 8, 2009
This nation needs to move beyone President Bush. Obama has been in charge of 6 months and his CIA just admitted to lying to Congress. Obama should resign immediately and the CIA should be put under the control of the RNC. That is how you ensure the safety of America!

“Ignorantia valde pestifera.”

Since: Jan 09

Harding Township, NJ

#11 Jul 8, 2009
Curtis Lowe wrote:
This nation needs to move beyone President Bush. Obama has been in charge of 6 months and his CIA just admitted to lying to Congress. Obama should resign immediately and the CIA should be put under the control of the RNC. That is how you ensure the safety of America!
HEY! MORON!!!!!

LYING *******SINCE 2001*******

Exactly how f*cking retarded *ARE* you?
Curtis Lowe

Montgomery, AL

#12 Jul 8, 2009
GunnySteve wrote:
<quoted text>
HEY! MORON!!!!!
LYING *******SINCE 2001*******
Exactly how f*cking retarded *ARE* you?
Why do you demoncrats constantly disparage "special" people. You and Obama should be ashamed. And Obama is in charge now. If his CIA lied to Congress, then he must take responsibility and resign immediately! A good leader takes responsibility for his weaknesses.
Glasnos

Orlando, FL

#13 Jul 9, 2009
I will believe it when someone in the CIA goes to prison ... and this is just not another democrat bullshit lie ... My guess is the democrats will run with this to vindicate Pelosi ... and no investigation resulting in criminal charges of lying to congres will emerge ... anyone want to bet?
Democrats are 120% corrupt ... and destroying this country.

Panneta should be made to name names ... and heads should roll ... or this is just BS
lily boca raton fl

United States

#14 Jul 9, 2009
deeter1013 wrote:
<quoted text>
lol.so funny watching them spin this...just like they do the bible...the story is titled CIA admits deceiving..lol..and they go oh look its Obamas fault...hmmm..CIA admits lying since 2001...wasn't that a guy named BUSH in office then?...I think so...lol....
G.O.P.= Grand Old Panic
Is it President Obama's fault that they are all so stupid too? These people are unreal. If they get diarrhea it's Obamas fault.
lily boca raton fl

United States

#15 Jul 9, 2009
Curtis Lowe wrote:
you're delusional

Sonora, CA

#16 Jul 9, 2009
Curtis Lowe wrote:
ummmm 2001 Obama was not in the picture you dumb a**lick

Sonora, CA

#17 Jul 9, 2009
Curtis Lowe wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you demoncrats constantly disparage "special" people. You and Obama should be ashamed. And Obama is in charge now. If his CIA lied to Congress, then he must take responsibility and resign immediately! A good leader takes responsibility for his weaknesses.
it was NOT his CIA admitting to lying it was bushes...what part of 2001 do you not understand?..is that the last issue of national inquirer you read?
PooPoo Platter

Elgin, IL

#18 Jul 9, 2009
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>you're delusional
Either Curtis is very stupid or being dishonest. He's not worth bothering with.
Curtis Lowe

Montgomery, AL

#19 Jul 9, 2009
deeter1013 wrote:
<quoted text>
ummmm 2001 Obama was not in the picture you dumb a**lick
Clinton was impeached for lying about an affair which occurred 10 years before his impeachment. Obama can easily be impeached for mismanaging his CIA and allowing them to admit to charges which shake confidence in our national security.
Curtis Lowe

Montgomery, AL

#20 Jul 9, 2009
The facts are that under President Bush, perhaps our greatest President, the CIA did not admit to misleading Congress. Now that Panetta and Obama are in charge, the CIA is admitting to misleading Congress. Obama and Panetta should resign immediately for allowing the reputation of our nation to be impugned. I believe they should also be prosecuted for their illegal wars in Iraq and Afghanistan! Cheney would never have allowed this!
Curtis Lowe

Montgomery, AL

#21 Jul 9, 2009
PooPoo Platter wrote:
<quoted text>
Either Curtis is very stupid or being dishonest. He's not worth bothering with.
Sez U. I may be stupid and dishonest! Jerk!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 23
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peter Hoekstra Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New report offers no evidence that Iraq stockpi... (Jun '06) May '15 Swedenforever 13
News Local projects ready for Obama $timulus (Jan '09) Dec '12 Red_Fist 62
News 2012 Presidential race surpasses $2B (Dec '12) Dec '12 Lance Winslow 2
News Asian-American Super PAC Launches To Hit Back A... (Feb '12) Sep '12 Sunobia 4
News Ex-GOP Rep. Hoekstra to run for Mich. Senate seat (Jul '11) Jul '11 WOODCHUCK 1
News Intelligence Agencies Fear Future Budget Cuts i... (May '11) May '11 911 was an inside... 1
News Polpourri: Hoekstra out, but another West Michi... (Apr '11) Apr '11 imaginaryfriend 44
More from around the web