Hoekstra announces run for MI governor

There are 20 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Mar 30, 2009, titled Hoekstra announces run for MI governor. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

Republican U.S. Rep. Peter Hoekstra says he's running for Michigan governor. The 55-year-old from Holland made the announcement Monday morning on WJR-AM's Paul W. Smith program.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
JohnBoy

United States

#1 Mar 30, 2009
Loser
JimBoy

Holland, MI

#2 Mar 30, 2009
or Winner?
Mis Informed

Hart, MI

#3 Mar 30, 2009
Pete, you got my vote! Go get em!
Jon

Allendale, MI

#4 Mar 30, 2009
Jesus please protect me from your followers......God help us all if he wins..
SOS in Rockford

United States

#5 Mar 30, 2009
I would never have guessed. Time to revive the "BREAKING NEWS" topic, channel 8 didn't catch the spoof the first time.

“Part of the uninformed masses.”

Since: Jun 08

Grand Rapids

#6 Mar 30, 2009
Good for him, now give me some more options. I would like to see this race have 6-8 options from both parties and let the process work its way out.
Movin Out

Wixom, MI

#7 Mar 30, 2009
You got our votes too! Let's clean house and get rid of all those Dems who have turned this state into a wasteland!
Old Gray Haired Lady

Kalamazoo, MI

#8 Mar 30, 2009
He certainly would be head and shoulders above what we have now!!
Jim

Dearborn Heights, MI

#9 Mar 30, 2009
Pete you have my vote also!
Common Sense

Southfield, MI

#10 Mar 30, 2009
VOTE LIBERTARIAN!
Citizen Kane

Ypsilanti, MI

#11 Mar 30, 2009
Guess we do not have a representative in Congress for the next year. Pete why are you abandoning us in our hour of need?

Pete is WRONG for Michigan!

“Smells like 1994!”

Since: Jun 08

Stately Wayne Manor

#12 Mar 30, 2009
Mis Informed wrote:
Pete, you got my vote! Go get em!
I'm a conservative who has supported Hoekstra in the past but he voted for the bailout.

He's not getting my vote.
Republican Gal

Lansing, MI

#13 Mar 30, 2009
You've got my vote too, Pete! Please fix what Granholm created and get Michigan out of this mess. It's been long enough and it's time for a change.
Ryan

Grand Rapids, MI

#14 Mar 30, 2009
Oh Boy,
Just what we need. Old style thinking.I bet he thinks Engler did a good job.
John M

Rockford, MI

#15 Mar 30, 2009
Good luck Petey, maybe that yes vote on the first Tarp bill that you flip/flopped on will come back to bite you in the azz. Remember fellow Republican's we bashed the hell out of John Kerry for being a flip/flopper so do we extend the same courtesy to Pete?
Ellen

Whitehall, MI

#16 Mar 30, 2009
At this point, does it matter who is governor of this state. The head rat in Washington will soon
dictate how we all will live anyway.
cynical

Byron Center, MI

#17 Mar 30, 2009
uninformed citizen wrote:
Good for him, now give me some more options. I would like to see this race have 6-8 options from both parties and let the process work its way out.
I'd settle for one good option NOT from the two parties.
grc

Plainwell, MI

#18 Mar 30, 2009
Old Gray Haired Lady wrote:
He certainly would be head and shoulders above what we have now!!
LOL. Cookie Monster would be head and shoulders above what we have now.

I am interested to see who else come forward. I would like to see a few options out there.:)
pjdutchville

United States

#20 Mar 30, 2009
Jon wrote:
Jesus please protect me from your followers......God help us all if he wins..
Love,
Your dear brother,
BHO

Oh, you weren't talking about him, and this post wasn't from November 1, 2008?
pjdutchville

United States

#21 Mar 30, 2009
Republican Gal wrote:
You've got my vote too, Pete! Please fix what Granholm created and get Michigan out of this mess. It's been long enough and it's time for a change.
Well, what do you expect from me? I inherited such a mess........"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peter Hoekstra Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Local projects ready for Obama $timulus (Jan '09) Dec '12 Red_Fist 62
News 2012 Presidential race surpasses $2B (Dec '12) Dec '12 Lance Winslow 2
News Asian-American Super PAC Launches To Hit Back A... (Feb '12) Sep '12 Sunobia 4
News Ex-GOP Rep. Hoekstra to run for Mich. Senate seat (Jul '11) Jul '11 WOODCHUCK 1
News Intelligence Agencies Fear Future Budget Cuts i... (May '11) May '11 911 was an inside... 1
News Polpourri: Hoekstra out, but another West Michi... (Apr '11) Apr '11 imaginaryfriend 44
News Democrats don't have a successful reelection pl... (Apr '11) Apr '11 OBat 3
More from around the web