Congressman Hoekstra: US needs to mov...

Congressman Hoekstra: US needs to move away from democracy in Iraq

There are 3 comments on the WZZM Grand Rapids story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Congressman Hoekstra: US needs to move away from democracy in Iraq. In it, WZZM Grand Rapids reports that:

The top Republican on the House Intelligence Committee said today that the president needs to move away from trying to establish democracy in Iraq and concentrate instead on security and stability.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WZZM Grand Rapids.

Danite

Whitehall, MI

#1 Aug 24, 2007
In a true democracy, you have the right to decide if you want to be a democracy type government. Besides I would have a very difficult time believing that culture could accept or even follow a democracy. There culture and society is totally different then ours, we are a Christian society or government and they are totally the opposite. As long as they do not want to fight or defend for there own freedom, we should not be willing to defend there rights with our life.
They will continue to murder in the name of there God, and treat women with no respect. No form of Democracy would support this, all we can do, or should do is turn this government over to them and leave. Lets face the fact, they have a long way to go before they can appreciate true freedom and understand democracy. We must stop wasting our lives for them, if they are not willing to die for freedom and justice, good-by.
GOD BLESS AMERICA...

“Secure our borders!!!”

Since: Jun 07

Aurora, CO

#2 Aug 25, 2007
Bring our Troops home . Lets take care of our own Pete.

Off Topic

Congressman Pete Hoekstra
1124 Longworth House Office Building, US House of Representatives
Washington, DC 20515

Dear Representative Hoekstra,

Please return annual immigration to lower and more sensible levels by cosponsoring The Nuclear Family Priority Act, sponsored by Rep. Gingrey.

The claim that chain migration is about "family reunification" ignores the fact that each immigrant who comes to the U.S. separates another family by leaving other relatives behind.

If a person really wants to live near his/her extended family, he/she should remain in the country where that extended family lives. Except for the very small percentage of newcomers who are refugees, nobody is forcing immigrants to leave their families.

In light of your strong immigration voting record, I hope I can count on you to contact Rep. Gingrey's office and to sign on as an original cosponsor of his bill.
Respectfully,
Fran

Broomfield, CO

#3 Aug 25, 2007
Pete Hoekstra is a buffoon

When he first ran for office, he said he would serve six years in Congress.

Then he changed that to six terms.

Then he changed that to "I didn't really mean what I promised."

How can anyone take this person seriously? What a fool

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peter Hoekstra Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New report offers no evidence that Iraq stockpi... (Jun '06) May '15 Swedenforever 13
News Local projects ready for Obama $timulus (Jan '09) Dec '12 Red_Fist 62
News 2012 Presidential race surpasses $2B (Dec '12) Dec '12 Lance Winslow 2
News Asian-American Super PAC Launches To Hit Back A... (Feb '12) Sep '12 Sunobia 4
News Ex-GOP Rep. Hoekstra to run for Mich. Senate seat (Jul '11) Jul '11 WOODCHUCK 1
News Intelligence Agencies Fear Future Budget Cuts i... (May '11) May '11 911 was an inside... 1
News Polpourri: Hoekstra out, but another West Michi... (Apr '11) Apr '11 imaginaryfriend 44
More from around the web