Hayden Says CIA Videotapes Destroyed

Hayden Says CIA Videotapes Destroyed

There are 63 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Dec 6, 2007, titled Hayden Says CIA Videotapes Destroyed. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The CIA videotaped its interrogations of two top terror suspects in 2002 and destroyed the tapes three years later out of fear they would leak to the public and compromise the identities of U.S. questioners, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“Black souls wear white shirts”

Since: Sep 07

Vienna, VA

#64 Jan 10, 2008
The End.

PS. I thought that a DoD employee would know that the Pentagon is in Arlington (CIA, FHA???). Here's a link for it if you didn't know.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pentagon

I can't say it was enlightening, but lets end this because I agree it has gotten off track....buttercup, good one.

Since: Dec 07

Alviso, CA

#65 Jan 11, 2008
Smetana wrote:
The End.
PS. I thought that a DoD employee would know that the Pentagon is in Arlington (CIA, FHA???). Here's a link for it if you didn't know.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pentagon
I can't say it was enlightening, but lets end this because I agree it has gotten off track....buttercup, good one.
Just a point of fact, Arlington and Langley are two different places. They are about 8 miles apart, might as well bring silver springs into this as well.
Actually I was asking if you had an opinion on the article in question (the toture topic). If you don't have one, that is fine we don't all have opinions on everything. You were pretty vocal so I thought you have an opinion on it. We can be civil about the issue as long as character attacks are left out. До по&#10 73;ач& #1077;нн я
P Smith

Taipei, Taiwan

#66 Jan 11, 2008
The evidence had already been asked for and the CIA knew people wanted it. Those who made the decision to destroy the takes should be automatically guilty of obstruction and do not deserve the niceties of a trial.

These are government employees who knew the law and chose to break it. If they are the ones charged with upholding the law, then they should be held to a higher standard than others and give up the benefit of the doubt. George Tenet (and the others responsible for the decision) should be deemed automatically guilty and not have a trial.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peter Hoekstra Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New report offers no evidence that Iraq stockpi... (Jun '06) May '15 Swedenforever 13
News Local projects ready for Obama $timulus (Jan '09) Dec '12 Red_Fist 62
News 2012 Presidential race surpasses $2B (Dec '12) Dec '12 Lance Winslow 2
News Asian-American Super PAC Launches To Hit Back A... (Feb '12) Sep '12 Sunobia 4
News Ex-GOP Rep. Hoekstra to run for Mich. Senate seat (Jul '11) Jul '11 WOODCHUCK 1
News Intelligence Agencies Fear Future Budget Cuts i... (May '11) May '11 911 was an inside... 1
News Polpourri: Hoekstra out, but another West Michi... (Apr '11) Apr '11 imaginaryfriend 44
More from around the web