Family racked by CIA cover-up

Family racked by CIA cover-up

There are 7 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 22, 2008, titled Family racked by CIA cover-up. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

The agency lied about a 2001 plane downing in Peru that killed a woman and her daughter, a report says.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

No Brainer

Norfolk, VA

#2 Nov 22, 2008
Minhas condolências sinceras ao lettig e bowers família. Lembro-me de bowers de c-15-4 de ft knox. É um homem bom assim eu só posso imaginar como belo veronica deve ser. Minha oração sai a você, a família e meu descontente à mão que nós procuramos justiça em. Surf Punk
Twinkie

Hampton, VA

#3 Nov 22, 2008
No Brainer wrote:
Minhas condolências sinceras ao lettig e bowers família. Lembro-me de bowers de c-15-4 de ft knox.É um homem bom assim eu só posso imaginar como belo veronica deve ser. Minha oração sai a você, a família e meu descontente à mão que nós procuramos justiça em. Surf Punk
I couldn't agree more.
Sad In America

Hampton, VA

#4 Nov 22, 2008
This is so wrong. Especially in America. I've learned through my years that honesty is really the best policy. So many people can deal with the truth right up front than they can from sweeping the poop under the rug. My sincere sympathy to the family. You deserved better. Look to our Lord In Heaven. Because, that is where we can Trust In GOD. No doubt, that is where these beautiful souls are.
Close Camp Peary

Hampton, VA

#5 Nov 23, 2008
Terrorist training camp, right here on the Peninsula!

“I pity the fool !!”

Since: Jan 08

Hampton, VA

#6 Nov 23, 2008
A U.S. anti-drug surveillance plane alerted Peru's military that the Cessna 185 the Bowers were aboard was operating without a flight plan and in airspace frequented by narcotics traffickers — two allegations that are disputed.

A Peruvian warplane followed and fired shots at the Cessna.

"There was no communication. It happened very fast. The planes flew by first, did some swooping and then came in from behind and started shooting," Veronica's brother-in-law — Phil Bowers, a pilot who sat with his brother during a government debriefing on the situation — told The Associated Press in 2001.

The most crucial part of the story and its less than two paragraphs?

So how is the CIA responsible for the actions of the Peruvian fighter pilot?

“I pity the fool !!”

Since: Jan 08

Hampton, VA

#7 Nov 23, 2008
Close Camp Peary wrote:
Terrorist training camp, right here on the Peninsula!
Evidence, proof, reasons... or just sensationalistic balderdash.
MTV

Virginia Beach, VA

#8 Nov 23, 2008
No Brainer wrote:
Minhas condolências sinceras ao lettig e bowers família. Lembro-me de bowers de c-15-4 de ft knox.É um homem bom assim eu só posso imaginar como belo veronica deve ser. Minha oração sai a você, a família e meu descontente à mão que nós procuramos justiça em. Surf Punk
You mis-spelled oração.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peter Hoekstra Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New report offers no evidence that Iraq stockpi... (Jun '06) May '15 Swedenforever 13
News Local projects ready for Obama $timulus (Jan '09) Dec '12 Red_Fist 62
News 2012 Presidential race surpasses $2B (Dec '12) Dec '12 Lance Winslow 2
News Asian-American Super PAC Launches To Hit Back A... (Feb '12) Sep '12 Sunobia 4
News Ex-GOP Rep. Hoekstra to run for Mich. Senate seat (Jul '11) Jul '11 WOODCHUCK 1
News Intelligence Agencies Fear Future Budget Cuts i... (May '11) May '11 911 was an inside... 1
News Polpourri: Hoekstra out, but another West Michi... (Apr '11) Apr '11 imaginaryfriend 44
More from around the web