Governor responds to turtle fence criticisms

Lansing - Governor Jennifer Granholm responded quickly and strongly to U.S. Representative Peter Hoekstra's letter criticizing the state for spending $318,000 to build a fence along U.S. 31 to protect migrating ... Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Taz say Hi”

Since: Jan 08

Holland,MI

#21 Jan 10, 2008
Internet troll wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try. There was no requirement to build a turtle fence. The money was provided by the feds to build projects that were good for the environment....that doesn't mean to blow large wads of it on a fence. The folks that penned the funding bill probably had larger scale benefits in mind than a turtle fence.
Thank you for speaking up on this forum and amply demonstrating your ignorance. We need a little amusement here once in a while.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

United States

#22 Jan 10, 2008
neecer wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because we have smart turtles! They only travel where they are 'allowed' to travel. Kind of like those deer that ONLY cross where the deer crossing signs are. Although coming back from NY we saw signs that even listed miles on it. There is one by Bellevue that tells you it's for like 5 miles. At least they are giving them more range!
<please see the sarcasm in this comment! LOL>
Yeah, I have seen that one. That's NY for ya.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peter Hoekstra Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local projects ready for Obama $timulus (Jan '09) Dec '12 Red_Fist 62
2012 Presidential race surpasses $2B (Dec '12) Dec '12 Lance Winslow 2
Asian-American Super PAC Launches To Hit Back A... (Feb '12) Sep '12 Sunobia 4
Ex-GOP Rep. Hoekstra to run for Mich. Senate seat (Jul '11) Jul '11 WOODCHUCK 1
Intelligence Agencies Fear Future Budget Cuts i... (May '11) May '11 911 was an inside... 1
Polpourri: Hoekstra out, but another West Michi... (Apr '11) Apr '11 imaginaryfriend 44
Democrats don't have a successful reelection pl... (Apr '11) Apr '11 OBat 3
More from around the web