The election's big Medicare myth

The election's big Medicare myth

There are 284 comments on the The Washington Post story from Aug 13, 2012, titled The election's big Medicare myth. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

I've got a modest proposal: You're not allowed to demand a "serious conversation" over Medicare unless you can answer these three questions: Let's be very clear on what that means: Ryan's budget - which Romney has endorsed - keeps Obama's cuts to Medicare, and both Ryan and Obama envision the same long-term spending path for Medicare.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

First Prev
of 15
Next Last

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#300 Aug 22, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
FairTax.org will you about a flat consumption tax that replaces all other taxes. It adds 30% to the cost of all new retail purchases to include houses and cars. Even at that, it projects no losses due to tax avoidance and gives only lip service to why people would comply rather than avoid.
30%,it THAT all? Hecky-dern.... They don't want much do they? Sounds like its designed to kill consumer business. I could see a significant business in Black market used goods,older stuff being repaired endlessly and a major hit on sales of anything new.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#301 Aug 22, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
So why does a drug cost more in the US than Canada? Same drug, same manufacturer, same plant?
Because WE'RE stupid.... And put up with that nonsense.

Since: Jul 12

Washington, DC

#302 Aug 22, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Why indeed? Enlighten us einstein.
I am asking Jimbo.
Mordred

UK

#303 Sep 15, 2012
Pamela wrote:
<quoted text>...I want to get rid of welfare and SS and Medicare...all of the programs that make people dependent and weak...
What are you going to live on then? You're in your 50s and haven't worked for years, living off of SSDI and probably Medicare by now. If they end all that, you will surely suffer and die before your wealthy grandfather--who pays your rent--does. Why do you want to end the programs that support you? You like to talk smack, but you're no different from the people you complain about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paul Ryan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Donald Trump breaks with nation's only Latina g... 3 hr Nopal 247
News Dole says GOPers should fall in line behind Trump 12 hr USA Suicide Watcher 7
News Trump and restive GOP leaders to seek more of a... May 29 woodtick57 67
News Sen. Johnson campaigning with Speaker Ryan Thur... May 27 storm warning 2
News 24th Congressional District Q&A: Katcho Achadjian May 26 JKL 1
News Ryan said to tell confidants he's ready to end ... May 26 No Power Paul 1
News Obama, Truman, and 'Do-Nothing' Congress (Dec '11) May 25 Worst President 4
More from around the web