This Election Is No Laughing Matter

Aug 30, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Wall Street Journal

The American electorate takes shots at politicians all year round, but now, for comedy, it is the official start of open season.

Comments
101 - 118 of 118 Comments Last updated Sep 19, 2012
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
dave

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2012

Judged:

Razors Edge wrote:
I love the way people are denigrating a proven
Smart,Business Man,with a great resume'With the
reference as to should he be the next POTUS???
Coming from absolute,Morons,who voted a Person
Into the WH,not knowing,or asking a GD Thing
about him,and still are not sure,who the Hell
he is??????????
Romney? POS, not POTUS.
TheManHimself

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2012

Judged:

This election is a joke. Romney and obama are 2 sides of the same coin. If you would like real change, vote Gary Johnson
Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2012

Judged:

TheManHimself wrote:
This election is a joke. Romney and obama are 2 sides of the same coin. If you would like real change, vote Gary Johnson
I hadn't read about Gary Johnson so I looked him up. I read his statements about the issues. Looks like he wants a return to bush policies which we know will further devastate the economy, eliminate social security and medicare. Why would you want to go back to bush? Wasn't it bad enough for you? Why would you call going back to bush a change? I won't vote for Obama because he isn't far enough from bush.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2012

Judged:

Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
I hadn't read about Gary Johnson so I looked him up. I read his statements about the issues. Looks like he wants a return to bush policies which we know will further devastate the economy, eliminate social security and medicare. Why would you want to go back to bush? Wasn't it bad enough for you? Why would you call going back to bush a change? I won't vote for Obama because he isn't far enough from bush.
WHAT POLICIES........SINCE OTHER THAN SPENDING MORE AND REGULATING MORE.......OBAMA IS ABOUT THE SAME.........ALL POOF UNDER ONE ROOF.
TheManHimself

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2012

Judged:

Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to read more. Johnson is socially liberal, wants to overhaul healthcare and education, eliminate the federal reserve, legalize and tax pot, end the federal reserve, eliminate the income tax, balance the budget now, and drastically cut our military spending by 50%. Bush did none of that, he was the polar opposite.
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Judged:

Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, sorry, I thought you were sane. Never mind.
You just can not stand the TRUTH - you are a true DEM
Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Judged:

senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
You just can not stand the TRUTH - you are a true DEM
LOL, more evidence of your insanity? I am not a dem. I have never been a dem. I didn't vote for Obama last time and I won't vote for him next time.

If you had any truth, you would not recognize it.
Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Judged:

TheManHimself wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to read more. Johnson is socially liberal, wants to overhaul healthcare and education, eliminate the federal reserve, legalize and tax pot, end the federal reserve, eliminate the income tax, balance the budget now, and drastically cut our military spending by 50%. Bush did none of that, he was the polar opposite.
Johnson favors the "fair" tax, which eliminates taxes for the rich, and triples taxes on workers. While I oppose federal income tax, replacing it with something worse is not attractive.

Johnson's own statements on health care come straight from GOP headquarters, repeal Obamacare and deregulate so companies can charge even more.

Johnson's statements on education reform, is also straight from bush headquarters. Shut down public education and pass all that money to his buddies from the voucher system.

As to ending the federal reserve, here is a cut and paste from his site, saying what he want's:

THE FEDERAL RESERVE SHOULD BE TRANSPARENT.

That doesn't sound like ending the federal reserve, it sounds like supporting it, continuing to let the federal reserve bankers steal billions, perhaps trillions of our dollars.

As to slashing the military budget here are a couple of quotes:

Our military should remain the most potent force for good on Earth.

Maintaining a strong national defense is the most basic of the federal government’s responsibilities.

So you are saying one thing, Gary Johnson's own web site says the opposite. Why are they different? It's like hearing Mitt Romney at two separate occasions.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Judged:

Obama team tries to lower expectations for debates...of course they will so the MSM can tout how great he did……..even if he falls on his face.
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Judged:

Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, more evidence of your insanity? I am not a dem. I have never been a dem. I didn't vote for Obama last time and I won't vote for him next time.
If you had any truth, you would not recognize it.
Your the one that worships Obama and now you say you are not a DEM - thats a good one.
Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Your the one that worships Obama and now you say you are not a DEM - thats a good one.
I do not support Obama. I did not vote for him. I will never vote for him. This is just further examples of your fantasy land imaginings.

You on the other hand still support the bush policies that destroyed our economy and want Romney to continue those policies of attacking the middle class to make sure 95% of all Americans are in dire poverty. Why have a first world nation, when you can turn it into third world and steal everything.

If you are a senior citizen, I bet you will be real happy when Romney eliminates social security and medicare. He has already told you he is going to do that. But I bet your insanity prevents you from thinking social security is of any value. I bet you favor Romney's plan of giving the trillions of dollars in the SS accounts to his pals and taking a big portion for himself
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not support Obama. I did not vote for him. I will never vote for him. This is just further examples of your fantasy land imaginings.
You on the other hand still support the bush policies that destroyed our economy and want Romney to continue those policies of attacking the middle class to make sure 95% of all Americans are in dire poverty. Why have a first world nation, when you can turn it into third world and steal everything.
If you are a senior citizen, I bet you will be real happy when Romney eliminates social security and medicare. He has already told you he is going to do that. But I bet your insanity prevents you from thinking social security is of any value. I bet you favor Romney's plan of giving the trillions of dollars in the SS accounts to his pals and taking a big portion for himself
You must not have been paying attention when Romney said he is NOT GOING TO DO ANYTHING WITH SENIOR CITIZENS or people 55 or older. Medicare will stay the SAME. Its Obamacare that will hurt the SENIOR CITIZENS.
Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
You must not have been paying attention when Romney said he is NOT GOING TO DO ANYTHING WITH SENIOR CITIZENS or people 55 or older. Medicare will stay the SAME. Its Obamacare that will hurt the SENIOR CITIZENS.
SS and Medicare stay the same?? Well, let's see, if inflation due to massive printing of money (already happened) is say 5% per year, in four years of Romney, every senior will have a 20% reduction.

The other really funny part is you actually believe a politician.

Not do anything, means not protect, means not fund, means let go away. Besides he is already backing away from that comment.
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
SS and Medicare stay the same?? Well, let's see, if inflation due to massive printing of money (already happened) is say 5% per year, in four years of Romney, every senior will have a 20% reduction.
The other really funny part is you actually believe a politician.
Not do anything, means not protect, means not fund, means let go away. Besides he is already backing away from that comment.
I would rather have a reduction and have Medicare than nothing at all that we seniors will have with Obamacare.

I believed Obama and he has proven he is a LIAR.
Sheik Yerbouti

Doylestown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

I find it extremely amusing that right wingers are supporting a cowardly draft dodger who fled to France instead of serving his country. After 9/11 not one of his coward sons served either! And then there is his membership in a dangerous cult with secret underwear!
Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
I would rather have a reduction and have Medicare than nothing at all that we seniors will have with Obamacare.
I believed Obama and he has proven he is a LIAR.
You believed Obama, now you believe Romney. When will you learn. Don't believe either of them.

Rather have a reduction? That is like saying, I went to the store and bought some milk. When I got home, I found the sealed milk container was empty. I am better off with the container than I was with no container.

Quit believing politicians. They all lie. If your are old enough to know how to tell if a politician is lying. Answer: His lips are moving.
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
I find it extremely amusing that right wingers are supporting a cowardly draft dodger who fled to France instead of serving his country. After 9/11 not one of his coward sons served either! And then there is his membership in a dangerous cult with secret underwear!
You speak LIES - Numerous times this has been said and numerous times it has been proved to be a LIE he was NOT A DRAFT DODGER - that was Clinton. Where was Obama on 9/11 why did he not sign up where was he also on Desert Storm - was he afraid he would have to go against his Muslim Brothers????? Shows you how much he cares for America. The middle east is burning and he is playing rock star on David Lettermen.

The Vietnam draft was done on a number system as I have copies and pasted.

RESULTS FROM LOTTERY DRAWING - Vietnam Era 1970

The lottery drawing held December 1, 1969, determined the order in which men, born from 1944 through 1950, were called to report for induction into the military.

The highest lottery number called for this group was 195; all men assigned that lottery number or any lower number, and who were classified 1-A or 1-A-O (available for military service), were called to report for possible induction.

senior citizen

Granite City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
You believed Obama, now you believe Romney. When will you learn. Don't believe either of them.
Rather have a reduction? That is like saying, I went to the store and bought some milk. When I got home, I found the sealed milk container was empty. I am better off with the container than I was with no container.
Quit believing politicians. They all lie. If your are old enough to know how to tell if a politician is lying. Answer: His lips are moving.
I found out by listening real close to Obama when he is about to tell a lie he studders with uh uh uh uh then he comes out with a whopper of a lie.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••