Obama Reacts To Mitt Romney's Vice Presidential Pick

Aug 11, 2012 Full story: The Huffington Post 10

President Barack Obama's campaign says Mitt Romney's selection of Wisconsin Rep.

Full Story

“image gallery of moenjodaro”

Since: Jan 06

Location hidden

#2 Aug 11, 2012
US created Taliban and abandoned Pakistan. Hillary Clinton acknowledged that the United States too had a share in creating the problem that plagues Pakistan today.
problems we face now to some extent we have to take responsibility for, having contributed to it. We also have a history of kind of moving in and out of Pakistan, she said.

Lets remember here the people we are fighting today we funded them twenty years ago and we did it because we were locked in a struggle with the Soviet Union.

They invaded Afghanistan and we did not want to see them control Central Asia and we went to work and it was President Reagan in partnership with Congress led by Democrats who said you know what it sounds like a pretty good idea lets deal with the ISI and the Pakistan military and lets go recruit these mujahideen.

And great, let them come from Saudi Arabia and other countries, importing their Wahabi brand of Islam so that we can go beat the Soviet Union.

And guess what they (Soviets) retreated they lost billions of dollars and it led to the collapse of the Soviet Union.

So there is a very strong argument which is it wasnt a bad investment in terms of Soviet Union but lets be careful with what we sow because we will harvest
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

#3 Aug 11, 2012
saint reagan helped create the taliban and osama bin laden. reagan fought a proxy war with the soviet union by training, arming, equipping, and funding islamist mujahidin fighters in afghanistan. reagan funneled billions of dollars, along with top-secret intelligence and sophisticated weaponry to these fighters through the pakistani intelligence service. The taliban and osama bin laden ó a prominent mujahidin commander ó emerged from these mujahidin groups reagan helped create, and U.S. policy towards pakistan remains strained because of the intelligence servicesí close relations to these fighters. In fact, Reaganís decision to continue the proxy war after the soviets were willing to retreat played a direct role in bin ladenís ascendancy.

Of course, none this appears in the reagan years re-write.
Ramafuchs

Troisdorf, Germany

#4 Aug 11, 2012
As a rational non-patriotic global citizen i am of the view that the whole system smells like the gutter/sewage.
As long as you uphold this rotten despicable system the problems will prevail
Ramafuchs

Troisdorf, Germany

#5 Aug 11, 2012
if i were Obama..........
i would show my civil courage to change .
Unfortunately I am rama and not Obama
Ramafuchs

Troisdorf, Germany

#6 Aug 11, 2012
If i were Obama
i would have ignored the contenders of the occupants of White house
Ramafuchs

Troisdorf, Germany

#7 Aug 11, 2012
If i were Obama
i would have given a speech like this.
"Yes I had promised but failed.
Not because of my dreams but because the whole system is rotten to the core.
You had put me in a toilet house where i have no support"
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Aug 11, 2012
obammy reacts 'oh crap ... michelle why did you call undecided voters knuckleheads yesterday'? Bams is going down and all he can see is the bottom of the drain.

Location hidden

#21 Sep 9, 2012
The Corporate Media making everything messy
Bastion

Karachi, Pakistan

#22 Sep 27, 2012
Am Seeing Afghanistan Withdraw issue not on list of any presidential Candidate ?`

Location hidden

#23 Nov 7, 2014
Pakistan is important transit point

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paul Ryan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Three U.S. House Republicans to seek Obamacare ... 10 hr Le Duped 10
Democratic US Rep. Ryan says he now supports ab... 12 hr barefoot2626 25
Can the Republicans balance the budget? Fri Gary 47
Senate GOP sticks together on Medicare (May '11) Jan 28 swedenforever 29
Jeb Bush talks education for Arkansas GOP hopeful Jan 28 swedenforever 30
Paul Ryan Fast Facts Jan 26 Le Duped 1
Don't Even Think About Raising The Gas Tax Jan 22 Joun Paul 1
More from around the web