Support Lags for Flake in Primary

Jul 11, 2012 Full story: Roll Call

Rep. Jeff Flake is embroiled in an unexpectedly tough Senate Republican primary and hasn't received much help in the form of K Street money or endorsements from his Grand Canyon State colleagues.

Full Story

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Wake Forest, NC

#1 Jul 12, 2012

"I ain't in no ways T-I-R-E-D!"
- Hillary Clinton

Speaking Ebonincs at the NAACP!

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Lance Winslow

San Jose, CA

#2 Jul 12, 2012
Should be no problem mustering the GOP vote for a Flake.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#3 Jul 12, 2012
Lance Winslow wrote:
Should be no problem mustering the GOP vote for a Flake.
careful, one of my favorite Republicans is a Flake. I like some things about Jeff Flake, and I bet that what I like is what makes many GOP primary voters cool to him.

He is not a hater. He is cheerful and friendly and has a sense of humor.

He plays basketball. allegedly sometimes at the White House, against Obama, but still there.

He has principles. He is against earmarks he thinks are unjustified, when they come from Republicans or when they come from Democrats. He actually makes a good case that too much time is spent working on earmarks in the Appropriations Committee. He also made a good case that too many earmarks went to districts of members of that committee, and to members in close contests in a fall election.

He took on Murtha for possible misconduct. Republicans like to see Democrats attacked for misconduct. But not if the critic is someone who might be evenhanded enough to oppose GOP misconduct also, and Flake is suspected of being not a complete partisan hypocrite.

He is sorta charming in a grownup boy scout nice guy sort of way, at times. he was on survivorman tV, and the democrats used to give him more time than other Republicans to oppose earmarks, because some of the liberal Democrats (and they might never admit it) might just possibly have agreed with him regarding a few of the earmarks, even from other Democrats. There is something about him that is obviously not evil - unlike most GOP leaders now, who reek of viciousness.
Lance Winslow

San Jose, CA

#4 Jul 12, 2012
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> careful, one of my favorite Republicans is a Flake. I like some things about Jeff Flake, and I bet that what I like is what makes many GOP primary voters cool to him.
He is not a hater. He is cheerful and friendly and has a sense of humor.
He plays basketball. allegedly sometimes at the White House, against Obama, but still there.
He has principles. He is against earmarks he thinks are unjustified, when they come from Republicans or when they come from Democrats. He actually makes a good case that too much time is spent working on earmarks in the Appropriations Committee. He also made a good case that too many earmarks went to districts of members of that committee, and to members in close contests in a fall election.
He took on Murtha for possible misconduct. Republicans like to see Democrats attacked for misconduct. But not if the critic is someone who might be evenhanded enough to oppose GOP misconduct also, and Flake is suspected of being not a complete partisan hypocrite.
He is sorta charming in a grownup boy scout nice guy sort of way, at times. he was on survivorman tV, and the democrats used to give him more time than other Republicans to oppose earmarks, because some of the liberal Democrats (and they might never admit it) might just possibly have agreed with him regarding a few of the earmarks, even from other Democrats. There is something about him that is obviously not evil - unlike most GOP leaders now, who reek of viciousness.
We could use more like that. He must be lonely.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#6 Jul 13, 2012
Lance Winslow wrote:
<quoted text>We could use more like that. He must be lonely.
actually, I think he and Ron Paul are buddies, at least on some issues. He is likeable enough that he can get along. How are folks going to react to a nice guy - well, in the GOP, I see your point.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Representative Paul Gosar Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Unusual welfare spending Jul '14 DTA-1 1
Senate Proposes $1 Billion in New Spending to D... Jun '14 Amigo 8
Rep. Paul Gosar calls for investigation into il... Jun '14 wild child 7
States want reimbursement for funding parks dur... (Oct '13) Oct '13 bottlecap 30
Arizona Republicans Seek Distance from 'Out of ... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Right On 1
A floundering U.S. president needs a victory in... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Brenda besson 4
Holder criticism grows to include Democratic, l... (May '13) May '13 alan 3
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Representative Paul Gosar People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••