Spin Meter: Republicans hot, cold on Constitution

Aug 23, 2010 Full story: Boston.com 27

Republican Rep. Paul Broun of Georgia won his seat in Congress campaigning as a strict defender of the Constitution.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“"I'm A Great American!"”

Since: Sep 08

Obama Nation! USA! USA!

#22 Aug 23, 2010
Republicans and "strict constructionist" conservatives are hot on one thing; political power. If the Constitution serves their ends, great. If it gets in the way, they want to amend or circumvent it.

And if they need to disregard the Constitution to pander to the racists and extremists in their ranks, so be it.
serfs up

Deltona, FL

#26 Aug 24, 2010
PooPoo Platter wrote:
Republicans and "strict constructionist" conservatives are hot on one thing; political power. If the Constitution serves their ends, great. If it gets in the way, they want to amend or circumvent it.
And if they need to disregard the Constitution to pander to the racists and extremists in their ranks, so be it.
The constitution was designed to be amended. The Bill of Rights was a strong addition that has been weakened big time.The amendments after the original ten can be brought up in discussion to their meanings and results over the years. The federal reserve act, the income tax and the election of Senators by the people occurred during the same year as examples. Three amendments orchestrated by elitists. We lost many rights in 1913. Many rights as you see today with the massive corruption in Washington and the little brother copy catting in local and state environs. Now we are at the death knell of a republic turned democratic and turning more fascist by the day. Yesterday, the traitor Janet Napolitano decreed that pat down searches will be the norm now at airports. This after introducing x ray machines to record your image before boarding a plane. Those pat down searches are the same searches you see in prisons. The next step is full body searches where you are force to take your clothes off and they inspect every inch of your naked body. The Homeland Security department will be the KGB/SS in this nation within some amount of years. Woe to those who speak freedom and do otherwise. Now tell me how good the President is doing when he is a traitor. And by definition that makes you one also. Unfortunately, the millions of people educated in law and military and policing and the rest will put a bullet into a skull of a person who believes in freedom to protect people of evil. And what is worse, the people who are the press and the entertainment are in lockstep with that same evil. people have warned. The selfish have not listened.

Since: Jul 08

Boulder, CO

#27 Aug 24, 2010
Real Time wrote:
<quoted text>
Only those who think any person born here deserves US citizenship, JUST because they were born here - and regardless of their legal status. And those who think corporations should be considered "persons" with all the rights and privileges you and I have.
Are you one of those people..?
It doesn't matter if they deserve it or not. It is in the Constitution, therefore they are citizens. You wingnuts will never ever get enough votes to change the Constitution so the issue is moot. As for your corporations as a person issue, I fail to see how the two are related but no I don't agree with that one.
Real Time

Hardwick, GA

#28 Aug 24, 2010
liberal weenie wrote:
<quoted text>It doesn't matter if they deserve it or not. It is in the Constitution, therefore they are citizens. You wingnuts will never ever get enough votes to change the Constitution so the issue is moot. As for your corporations as a person issue, I fail to see how the two are related but no I don't agree with that one.
So, your position is that once an AMENDMENT is passed it is untouchable?
That is idiotic. According to your "reasoning" we should still have prohabition.
Real Time

Hardwick, GA

#29 Aug 24, 2010
liberal weenie wrote:
<quoted text>It doesn't matter if they deserve it or not. It is in the Constitution, therefore they are citizens. You wingnuts will never ever get enough votes to change the Constitution so the issue is moot. As for your corporations as a person issue, I fail to see how the two are related but no I don't agree with that one.
And let me point out in the Constitution Senator were chosen by the STATE they represented - NOT elected by the people. An AMENDMENT was passed that changed it to the way it is today, with Senator elected by the people.

Just admit that you support giving citizenship to anyone who wants it - no matter how illegal they are.

And whether you agree or not, it is a fact. I have posted the 1886 SCOTUS case that gave individual status to corporations based on the 14th Amendment. Read the summary.

And next time you want to bi-otch about corporations having the same rights as you do, remember it is because you want to preserve the abuse of citizenship by illegal opportunists who pop out babies here - paid for by your taxes - and get to collect Social Security and other benefits - paid for by your taxes - because of your precious 14th AMENMENT to the Constitution.

People like you are so stinking ignorant, you are your own worst enemy. You take a position on everything without ever learning the details of anything. You just skip along thinking feelings are facts and your opinion is the epitomy of truth.

Since: Jul 08

Boulder, CO

#30 Aug 25, 2010
Real Time wrote:
<quoted text>
And let me point out in the Constitution Senator were chosen by the STATE they represented - NOT elected by the people. An AMENDMENT was passed that changed it to the way it is today, with Senator elected by the people.
Just admit that you support giving citizenship to anyone who wants it - no matter how illegal they are.
And whether you agree or not, it is a fact. I have posted the 1886 SCOTUS case that gave individual status to corporations based on the 14th Amendment. Read the summary.
And next time you want to bi-otch about corporations having the same rights as you do, remember it is because you want to preserve the abuse of citizenship by illegal opportunists who pop out babies here - paid for by your taxes - and get to collect Social Security and other benefits - paid for by your taxes - because of your precious 14th AMENMENT to the Constitution.
People like you are so stinking ignorant, you are your own worst enemy. You take a position on everything without ever learning the details of anything. You just skip along thinking feelings are facts and your opinion is the epitomy of truth.
Yawn, you bore me.
Real Time

Hardwick, GA

#31 Aug 25, 2010
liberal weenie wrote:
<quoted text>Yawn, you bore me.
No surprise. Comic books and 30 second sound bites are more your speed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Representative Paul Broun Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Perdue wins Republican Senate runoff in Georgia Jul '14 Cat74 10
Georgia Runoff: Republicans Pick Senate and Hou... Jul '14 Billy Ringo 2
Tea party losing but still tugging GOP to right Jun '14 62656sss 2
Why the Left Sucks at Trolling (Nov '13) Jun '14 Maverick 808 544
5The tea party isn't just losing. It's losing b... Jun '14 conservative crapola 22
Eugene Robinson: Gop still swallowing the tea May '14 conservative crapola 1
Republicans struggle in Georgia Senate primary (Jan '14) May '14 conservative crapola 3
•••

Representative Paul Broun People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••