Why Asian-Americans Have Turned on the GOP

Feb 26, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Real Clear Politics

The Republican Party's problems with Latino voters are well documented, but its poor performance with Asian-Americans should be giving the party even greater pause.

Comments
81 - 100 of 100 Comments Last updated Aug 25, 2013
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Since: Mar 08

Allentown, PA

#83 Mar 1, 2013
1 Korean American wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be a comedian
:)
Human Revolution

Middletown, OH

#84 Mar 1, 2013
Dickweed wrote:
Korean guy makes good sense.
I can tell because all the "conservative douchebags " get all huffy when someone says something too deep for them to understand.
"How dare some Korean guy call me a racist just because I hate blacks and Mexicans collecting welfare. Just who does he think he is..an American?"
LOL!
Better watch who you call racist, "dickweed". Your Korean buddy isn't too fond of Blacks or Latinos.
Dickweed

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#85 Mar 1, 2013
Human Revolution wrote:
<quoted text> Better watch who you call racist, "dickweed". Your Korean buddy isn't too fond of Blacks or Latinos.
He seems to hate all stupid people equally.
As do I.
Human Revolution

Middletown, OH

#86 Mar 1, 2013
Dickweed wrote:
<quoted text>
He seems to hate all stupid people equally.
As do I.
So both of you have self-hate.
Dickweed

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#87 Mar 1, 2013
Human Revolution wrote:
<quoted text> So both of you have self-hate.
NO, Generally I'm fairly happy with me. I could stand to loose a few pounds and should quit smoking pot, but other than that I'm cool with Dickweed.
Human Revolution

Middletown, OH

#88 Mar 2, 2013
Dickweed wrote:
<quoted text>
NO, Generally I'm fairly happy with me. I could stand to loose a few pounds and should quit smoking pot, but other than that I'm cool with Dickweed.
Well good luck with all of that.
Crazy n Nutty Politics

Miami Beach, FL

#89 Mar 4, 2013
Because the GOP have abandoned business men and women who are willing to set up shops in the ghetto in return for racially discriminatory policy???

Did I get that right?
Human Revolution

Middletown, OH

#90 Mar 4, 2013
Crazy n Nutty Politics wrote:
Because the GOP have abandoned business men and women who are willing to set up shops in the ghetto in return for racially discriminatory policy???
Did I get that right?
Care to elaborate?

“The Truthfighter Emcee”

Since: Nov 08

Birmingham, England, UK

#91 Aug 13, 2013
1 Korean American wrote:
<quoted text>
Actions speak louder than words
Plenty of people take welfare while blaming others for taking it. It's sick
Great oservation my Hebrew Brethren Blessings to you...Yes Amerikkka is said to be mostly White in Population and Facts do Prove that there are more Whites on Food Stamps, Welfare, and Government Assistance than any other Ethnic Group in the US. In certain parts of Florida with Higher White Populations than any other Ethnic Group there are more Whites Homeless than any other Ethnic Group.
Tea Party Supporter

Owens Cross Roads, AL

#92 Aug 14, 2013
Nobody with half a brain should ever vote for this evil party of people.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#93 Aug 14, 2013
Tea Party Supporter wrote:
Nobody with half a brain should ever vote for this evil party of people.
Whom are you planning to vote for with your half a brain?

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#95 Aug 18, 2013
Above post is the reason why the Libertarians might have a better chance of challenging Clinton or Cuomo but that is a long shot-Paul's too old, Rand is trying to move to center but his statements about Civil issues were outrageous and radical-

GOP cant win without expanding their racial diversity,and racism is still in the deep south of their party

Clinton or Cuomo would anihilate their top 3 canidadtes easily-three in a row Progressives!

“Ruling over East of Vegas(EOV)”

Since: Dec 12

Kwanghuidong, Korea

#96 Aug 18, 2013
TruDru wrote:
<quoted text>
Great oservation my Hebrew Brethren Blessings to you...Yes Amerikkka is said to be mostly White in Population and Facts do Prove that there are more Whites on Food Stamps, Welfare, and Government Assistance than any other Ethnic Group in the US. In certain parts of Florida with Higher White Populations than any other Ethnic Group there are more Whites Homeless than any other Ethnic Group.
Yeah, those hypocritical whites should be thankful for all of my taxes they are eating big macs with.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#97 Aug 18, 2013
1 Korean American wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, those hypocritical whites should be thankful for all of my taxes they are eating big macs with.
Would you feel better if it went to Blacks for some Old English?
Or, the Mexicans and tequila?
Or Korean women to buy black dill do's?
Everyone has a need, right?

Kwanghuidong, Korea

#98 Aug 19, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>Would you feel better if it went to Blacks for some Old English?
Or, the Mexicans and tequila?
Or Korean women to buy black dill do's?
Everyone has a need, right?
my point is, whites are no different from blacks or mexicans.

so whites need to stop acting like u are better than them.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#99 Aug 19, 2013
1 Korean American wrote:
<quoted text>
my point is, whites are no different from blacks or mexicans.
so whites need to stop acting like u are better than them.
You need to understand the difference in character.

I have found good and bad in all races.

Kwanghuidong, Korea

#100 Aug 19, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
thats very nice.

i am the karma balancer. step aside, the midwest and east of vegas awaits.

Location hidden

#101 Aug 22, 2013
Well thats another loss cor CONS

Location hidden

#102 Aug 24, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
I have found only good in the Scandinavian race

“Handsome white and black men”

Since: Jan 10

Interracial love

#103 Aug 25, 2013
I like this post.
"1. Except for Japanese-Americans and Americans of South Asian ancestry, anti-communism used to be an ideological powerhouse. That used to drive people to the Right in a defense of capitalism with much hostility to the People's Republic of China. Even Korean-Americans have come to recognize that the People's Republic of China is a more likely ally than enemy on the 'issue' of North Korea. China and Vietnam have practically abandoned Marxist-Leninist economics and prefer dealing to preaching revolution.

2. Asian-Americans except for Filipinos are still heavily non-Christian, and the Republican Party panders to the most fanatical of Christians. That plays as badly with Buddhists and Hindus as it does with non-Asian Muslims and Jews. Democrats who do not exploit religion for political purposes are doing well with Asian-Americans.

3. Many Asian-Americans are in families of small-business owners. Although this is still a republican-leaning demographic, the Republican Party clearly favors giant enterprises to small business in taxes and regulations. Small business owners who cannot benefit from tax breaks for the super-rich are more concerned with having customers than with low taxes and find that cronyism hurts small business have been drifting Democratic.

4. However disparate the groups are (Finnish-Americans are more like Portuguese-Americans than Pakistani-Americans are like Korean-Americans), they all put a high value on education. Their young adults are much more likely than white young adults to have large college loans to pay off. As a general rule creditors tend toward the Right so that they can protect the value of the debt that they hold as assets but debtors tend toward the Left so that they can have inflation to trivialize or reduce debt and expansive economics to make paying debt off somewhat easier. "

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Representative Paul Broun Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Perdue wins Republican Senate runoff in Georgia Jul '14 Cat74 10
Georgia Runoff: Republicans Pick Senate and Hou... Jul '14 Billy Ringo 2
Tea party losing but still tugging GOP to right Jun '14 62656sss 2
Why the Left Sucks at Trolling (Nov '13) Jun '14 Maverick 808 544
5The tea party isn't just losing. It's losing b... Jun '14 conservative crapola 22
Eugene Robinson: Gop still swallowing the tea May '14 conservative crapola 1
Republicans struggle in Georgia Senate primary (Jan '14) May '14 conservative crapola 3
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Representative Paul Broun People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••