LETTER: Romney is wrong for true Repu...

LETTER: Romney is wrong for true Republicans

There are 26 comments on the The Gaston Gazette story from Mar 18, 2012, titled LETTER: Romney is wrong for true Republicans. In it, The Gaston Gazette reports that:

I see Rep. Patrick McHenry's Facebook ad where he supports repeal of Obamacare. I see on national TV where my congressman, McHenry, supports that Massachusetts liberal, Mitt Romney, for president.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Gaston Gazette.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Pompous pontificator”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#1 Mar 18, 2012
If you have already voted in a primary or participated in a caucus, there's not much more you can do except vote in the general election. So, in the final analysis, it's anybody but Obama.
Repeat that chant far n wide..."anybody but Obama"

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

#2 Mar 18, 2012
Bubbletoes wrote:
If you have already voted in a primary or participated in a caucus, there's not much more you can do except vote in the general election. So, in the final analysis, it's anybody but Obama.
Repeat that chant far n wide..."anybody but Obama"
this letter seems to be chanting "anybody but Romney"

“Pompous pontificator”

Location hidden

#5 Mar 18, 2012
anneutral wrote:
<quoted text>
this letter seems to be chanting "anybody but Romney"
Ron Paul is what we need; anybody but Obama will have to do whether right or wrong for Republicans.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#6 Mar 18, 2012
Bubbletoes wrote:
<quoted text>
Ron Paul is what we need; anybody but Obama will have to do whether right or wrong for Republicans.
Ron Paul is promoting policies that have already been proven to not work. This is why most sane republicans have not voted for him. the people that do support him are totally unaware of history and the makeup of their own country.

Paul is a passing fad...correction...passed.

“your life is great”

you poop in clean water

#7 Mar 18, 2012
Bubbletoes wrote:
<quoted text>
Santorum will turn us into a theocracy, be careful what you wish for, having someone else's morals forced on me doesn't sound very nice.

Since: Nov 11

Salt Lake City, UT

#8 Mar 19, 2012
anneutral wrote:
<quoted text>
Santorum will turn us into a theocracy, be careful what you wish for, having someone else's morals forced on me doesn't sound very nice.
You're right. It doesn't sound very nice but it is already happening. And the sheeple don't seem to notice or care.

“Pompous pontificator”

Location hidden

#9 Mar 19, 2012
anneutral wrote:
<quoted text>
When your 'choice' is living in some semblance of normalcy even in tough times...

OR

a complete economic collapse with hyperinflation and our money and savings worth practically zero AND the real possibility of a class/civil war, I'll chose a perceived theocracy every time.

Our country is a ticking time-bomb now. Obama has squandered more money in his presidency than ALL...I say ALL Presidents before him COMBINED! How can we as a people survive four more years of his raping our economy and OUR treasury. Our money's value is a fantasy now based on a fragile trust...ours and other nations. It's a lie that is propped-up every new day like an inside joke told over and over again. This trust could and is likely going to evaporate at any moment and prices for goods and services (if you can get them) will spiral up exponentially in a matter of hours! If you don't believe me, look at Brazil and other countries whose inflation rate skyrocket a thousand percent spontaneously. And all it will take here is a rumor that will flash across the U.S. as fast as the Internet and electronic news media can transmit it.
And this is just the better part of the story. What do you think will happen when people get hungry and their money is worthless...even IF they can get access to it? It CAN happen here.

We have a clear mandate: Anybody but Obama. God help us.

“your life is great”

you poop in clean water

#10 Mar 19, 2012
duzitreallymatter wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right. It doesn't sound very nice but it is already happening. And the sheeple don't seem to notice or care.
their too busy worrying about who takes birth control pills to notice that our government is taking away our rights one by one.

“your life is great”

you poop in clean water

#11 Mar 19, 2012
Bubbletoes wrote:
<quoted text>
When your 'choice' is living in some semblance of normalcy even in tough times...
OR
a complete economic collapse with hyperinflation and our money and savings worth practically zero AND the real possibility of a class/civil war, I'll chose a perceived theocracy every time.
Our country is a ticking time-bomb now. Obama has squandered more money in his presidency than ALL...I say ALL Presidents before him COMBINED! How can we as a people survive four more years of his raping our economy and OUR treasury. Our money's value is a fantasy now based on a fragile trust...ours and other nations. It's a lie that is propped-up every new day like an inside joke told over and over again. This trust could and is likely going to evaporate at any moment and prices for goods and services (if you can get them) will spiral up exponentially in a matter of hours! If you don't believe me, look at Brazil and other countries whose inflation rate skyrocket a thousand percent spontaneously. And all it will take here is a rumor that will flash across the U.S. as fast as the Internet and electronic news media can transmit it.
And this is just the better part of the story. What do you think will happen when people get hungry and their money is worthless...even IF they can get access to it? It CAN happen here.
We have a clear mandate: Anybody but Obama. God help us.
if the GOP option is Santorum, then I'll be voting for Obama.
otherwise, it's 3rd party all the way.
that being said, do you think things would have been different under McCain?
America Is Not The Same

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#12 Mar 19, 2012
Paul is a RACIST and Anti American with his policy with Iran
Thank God mainstreem is NOT voting for him

He is a 3 x looser and only in the race to split deligates for Romney. Paul looking to BE Romney's VP. They have been friend for decades and both are cluless about running a country.
No Romney/Paul or Obama
America Is Not The Same

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#13 Mar 19, 2012
o.bamapost.com

a MUST read

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#14 Mar 19, 2012
I see...a letter by a right wing loony whose opinions mean exactly zero to me.

Ron Paul is the only halfway decent, honorable candidate the GOP has in the race, and he of course has no chance of winning the nomination. The other three are pure bottom-of-the-barrel types.

Funny to see Romney described as a "liberal," but I suppose that indicates how far the GOP has sunk into right wing extremism. The letter writer means "true Conservatives," by which he also means "true extremists."

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#15 Mar 19, 2012
Bubbletoes wrote:
<quoted text>
OR
..[edited].....
Trouble is, with Santorum you'd get BOTH. The combination of combativeness on social issues and utter Republican idiocy on the economy would create the results you ascribe to Obama.

Given that none of the dire things you predict have actually HAPPENED nearly 4 years into Obama's Presicency.
HTS

Sidney, MT

#16 Mar 19, 2012
If reduced spending, fiscal responsibility, and more states rights is moderate and "taking one for the team" is conservative, then I guess I'm a moderate.

“Pompous pontificator”

Location hidden

#17 Mar 19, 2012
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Given that none of the dire things you predict have actually HAPPENED nearly 4 years into Obama's Presicency.
A forest can grow for hundreds of years, but it only takes one man and one match to destroy it. Beware of your complicit thinking, just because it hasn't happened, doesn't mean mean it wont. Actually our freedoms AND money have been insidiously eroding for some years; only more-so since Obama.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#18 Mar 19, 2012
Bubbletoes wrote:
<quoted text>
A forest can grow for hundreds of years, but it only takes one man and one match to destroy it. Beware of your complicit thinking, just because it hasn't happened, doesn't mean mean it wont. Actually our freedoms AND money have been insidiously eroding for some years; only more-so since Obama.
I DO agree they've been eroding for years, thanks to the military-security state we've built for ourselves.

Believe me, I don't excuse Obama his sins in that area. He has carried on Bush's work, to some extent at least.
Zol

Los Cristianos, Spain

#19 Mar 19, 2012
It seems that USA is thirsty of new Bush, it is never enough. This guy - Romney will ruin country. It is this basic , sad truth.
Zol

Los Cristianos, Spain

#20 Mar 19, 2012
America Is Not The Same wrote:
Paul is a RACIST and Anti American with his policy with Iran
Thank God mainstreem is NOT voting for him
He is a 3 x looser and only in the race to split deligates for Romney. Paul looking to BE Romney's VP. They have been friend for decades and both are cluless about running a country.
No Romney/Paul or Obama
but not these sh.. If romney will get this nomination, Obama will be president, o.k. No pacts of ths type that romney will promise to Paul, that he will be VP, but he will be not in the final term. How will it be. Romney is pro-war monger and big friend of all speculators and Paul is honest, anti war and anti speculators.
Romney has his own fellows backed by speculators and his lords from isare and another pro-war mongers then do you think that you can talk such nonsenses that romney will take Paul as VP. It will not be. Sorry, but if Paul would loose and did not get this nomination, he cannot support romney. It is everything for good and future of his country. It was such guy Nader and bush has won thanks to him, but his vp were chenney and the worst scum of your country. By the way obama has good plan, he wants to increase taxes for the most rich people.
Zol

Los Cristianos, Spain

#21 Mar 19, 2012
tha Professor wrote:
I see...a letter by a right wing loony whose opinions mean exactly zero to me.
Ron Paul is the only halfway decent, honorable candidate the GOP has in the race, and he of course has no chance of winning the nomination. The other three are pure bottom-of-the-barrel types.
Funny to see Romney described as a "liberal," but I suppose that indicates how far the GOP has sunk into right wing extremism. The letter writer means "true Conservatives," by which he also means "true extremists."
It is the truth but he must win and now begin to win something constantly, not only one time. You must work to do it in your country. I think that writing it on tiçopix is a little bit too less to reach this goal. He would be good president. he is really this politician, who is honest, not corrupt, has plans. What is with electorate? Are their idiots? Do they not understand that next Bush just ike this romney and it will be finito of usa.

“Pompous pontificator”

Location hidden

#22 Mar 19, 2012
Bubbletoes wrote:
<quoted text>
Complacent thinking,,,sorry.

If-ever there was a time to make a wise and truely informed choice (based on fact and track record, not feelings), this is it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Patrick McHenry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obama needs to win over more House votes for fa... (Jun '15) Jun '15 wild child 1
News Congressman wants to block tax credit for illeg... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Who Guessed It 3
News Boehner moves to placate moderates on DHS funding (Feb '15) Feb '15 Le Duped 2
News McHenry tours Gaston County (Apr '14) Apr '14 Old Voter 4
News illegal immigration (Feb '14) Feb '14 Juan Too 3
News GOP proposes legal status for undocumented immi... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Lawrence Wolf 1
News Bellamy won't run for Congress (Nov '13) Nov '13 ApePeeD 1
More from around the web