Ramstad: Kennedy retirement a loss

Ramstad: Kennedy retirement a loss

There are 23 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Feb 12, 2010, titled Ramstad: Kennedy retirement a loss. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Former Minnesota congressman Jim Ramstad said Friday that Patrick Kennedy's retirement from Congress is a loss for people suffering from mental illness and addiction.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tired of it all

South Saint Paul, MN

#1 Feb 13, 2010
Ya, just like your RINO as s was a loss for us. NOT. Mr. I can not support the stimulus package.......

Oh but if you can bribe me and throw some money in for MY cause....Why then spending billions of dollars on this folly is just fine.

Since: Apr 08

Black River Falls, WI

#3 Feb 13, 2010
Only a loss for special interest. Not for normal people.
Bob the Bilderberg

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Feb 13, 2010
The "journalist" Chris Matthews on PMSNBC was BEGGING the young Kennedy to run and "win back the family's senate seat." HA ha.
twell

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Feb 13, 2010
A loss? Really Jim? He was the most do nothing representative in Washington. This guy did nothing meaningful his entire time in congress. He was only there because of the family he comes from, not because he earned it in any meaningful way. A loss to noone. A Kennedy free legislature is a good thing!
DizzyOne

Duluth, GA

#7 Feb 13, 2010
A loss to who? We don't need any more substance abusers running our country.
Sig Sauer

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Feb 13, 2010
There hasn't been a Kennedy with an honest job in generations, yet they are the darlings of middle America. Give me a break!
Peter

Houston, TX

#9 Feb 13, 2010
Kennedy IS a person suffering from mental illness and addiction. He's better off getting treatment and making room for someone that's sober and competent to do the peoples' business.
Chev Chelios

Mound, MN

#10 Feb 13, 2010
Sig Sauer wrote:
There hasn't been a Kennedy with an honest job in generations, yet they are the darlings of middle America. Give me a break!
Pretty much 30 years of scandals, criminal behovior and liberal arrogance. I have some lingering respect for the memories of JFK and RFK but the rest of these cruds are all alcoholics, drug addicts, rapists, etc.Yes, even dear departed Ted, the liar of the senate was neck deep in sh!+ until he just got too old. Good to see Kennedys say goodbye to politics. As to Chris Matthews, he is one of the greatest embarrassments in the media. He is such a neolithic dufus he has no idea what an @$$ he is.
Andy

San Francisco, CA

#11 Feb 13, 2010
What's that song you progressive hippies like? Oh yah, "The times they are a'changin'."

The days of focusing on the minority are coming to a close.
Clueless

United States

#12 Feb 13, 2010
Unfortunately, that WAS the highlight of his
political career; it shows, once again, that
a progressive is a progressive no matter which
party they infiltrate.
taxtaxtax

Portland, OR

#13 Feb 13, 2010
At least the last JFK and Bobby were idealists.

this generation is "lost in space".
merle

Florence, AL

#14 Feb 13, 2010
Two retired sad sacks, slapping each other on their backs, doesn't exactly rise to the level of a Greek tragedy, but more, perhaps, a meek travesty.
merle

Florence, AL

#15 Feb 13, 2010
Sig Sauer wrote:
They are no more the darlings of middle America, but they continue to be the icons of the elite.
lizbeth

Atlantic, VA

#16 Feb 13, 2010
The dynasty just may be over. People called
them our royality..They wanted more Kennedys
in the WH. In fact they tried really hard to
get another JFK in there. Not saying they
will have others coming up. But we want
to clean house and personally I would be
interested to know who if anybody do you want
to keep in the house? Right now I can't
think of one. I would like to see new faces
who know something about the people and the economy.
Save US

Tucson, AZ

#17 Feb 14, 2010
"Former Minnesota congressman Jim Ramstad said Friday that Patrick Kennedy's retirement from Congress is a loss for people suffering from mental illness and addiction."

The "people" I think Ramstad is referring to are the Democrats that are still in office, especially "people" like Pelosi and Reid who will become a minority after the 2010 elections.
impeachobamanow

Kenly, NC

#18 Feb 15, 2010
Ramstad, you really are a nut, or just as drugged up and drunk as the kennedys...this idiot just kept good people from getting in and straightening out the things kennedys and people like them keep destroying in America...Ramstad, if you want to be a liberal, switch parties you dingbat!
Bob the Bilderberg

Saint Paul, MN

#19 Feb 15, 2010
impeachobamanow wrote:
Ramstad, you really are a nut, or just as drugged up and drunk as the kennedys...this idiot just kept good people from getting in and straightening out the things kennedys and people like them keep destroying in America...Ramstad, if you want to be a liberal, switch parties you dingbat!
The Rammer's problem is that he never did figure out who he was or what he wanted to be.
Lux et Veritas

Minneapolis, MN

#20 Feb 15, 2010
Bob the Bilderberg wrote:
<quoted text>
The Rammer's problem is that he never did figure out who he was or what he wanted to be.
Wonder if the Rammer views these impending lib losses as a loss?

**Daily Kos poll Jan. 18: Harry Reid losing to Republican Danny Tarkanian, 52-41 percent

**Public Policy Poll Feb. 2: Arkansas Republican John Boozman leads Blanche Lincoln 56-33. He takes 89% of the Republican vote while she gets just 68% of the Democratic vote, and he also holds a 66-20 lead with independents.
Archie

Minneapolis, MN

#21 Feb 16, 2010
Poor Ramstead:

He and the Kennendys were great comrades at gun control and attacks on the second amendment. I would suppose "Big Jim" is broken hearted.
Archie

Minneapolis, MN

#22 Feb 16, 2010
Oh ! and "Big Jim" remember when you signed the Brady bill? we have not forgotten.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Patrick Kennedy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News FBI's attempt to show Clinton probe was nonpart... Aug '16 southern at heart 32
News Former Rep. Patrick Kennedy: Stop calling Trump... Aug '16 Captain Yesterday 63
News Ex-US Rep. Patrick Kennedy and Wife Welcome New... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Sterkfontein Swar... 4
News Iraqis find 3 more mass graves in formerly IS-h... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Ritual Habitual 1
News Patrick Kennedy memoir takes hard look at famil... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
News Making Information Power: Psychiatrists Unveil ... (May '15) May '15 HumanSpirit 1
News Ex-US Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. released from fede... (Mar '15) Mar '15 novus ordo seclorum 7
More from around the web