HI Gov Gives Gay Marriage Bill To Law...

HI Gov Gives Gay Marriage Bill To Lawmakers

There are 1122 comments on the EDGE story from Aug 29, 2013, titled HI Gov Gives Gay Marriage Bill To Lawmakers. In it, EDGE reports that:

Gov. Neil Abercrombie on Wednesday presented state lawmakers with a draft of legislation that would legalize gay marriage in Hawaii.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

First Prev
of 57
Next Last

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#1263 Oct 29, 2013
District 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Saying this is a silly argument simply means you refuse to see that other perspectives besides yours exist.
Making Gay marriage about "love" is really the undoing of it all from a logical and rational legal viewpoint.
I'd rather marriage be based on love and not be just a human version of a puppy mill.
District 1 wrote:
<quoted text>If Gay Marriage is about love, then polyamory incest and other aberrant behaviors should be considered under the same umbrella.
Then the same can be said about heterosexual marriage. It's always the religious right making this a SEX ISSUE. It's an Equal Rights issue.
District 1 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure you are chafing at the use of the word"aberrant" now.
Not really. Crap like that has been shoved down my throat by folks like you for 50 years and now you WHINE about people doing the same thing to you! Marriage is a legal issue and a civil right. Get used to it. I agree that if anyone wants to add religion to their marriage there are enough churches around to make them feel all warm and fuzzy.
District 1 wrote:
<quoted text>That's because changing the definition of traditional marriage is a highly emotional matter. Therefore, don't blame the Religious Right for their anger--after all, this is highly emotional on both sides.
We ARE NOT changing the definition of traditional marriage you are.
YOU are the ones making it just about having sex, NOT gays and lesbians and those who support us.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#1264 Oct 29, 2013
District 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Saying this is a silly argument simply means you refuse to see that other perspectives besides yours exist.
Making Gay marriage about "love" is really the undoing of it all from a logical and rational legal viewpoint.
If Gay Marriage is about love, then polyamory incest and other aberrant behaviors should be considered under the same umbrella.
I'm sure you are chafing at the use of the word"aberrant" now.
That's because changing the definition of traditional marriage is a highly emotional matter. Therefore, don't blame the Religious Right for their anger--after all, this is highly emotional on both sides.
of course, since straight people ALSO have the ability to marry the ones they love, and it has not led to them embracing incest and polygamy.
What you need to do is come up with a valid reason to for preventing Gay people from legally marrying. The idea that straight people will suddenly demand to marry siblings, or multiples, just doesn't cut it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 57
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Neil Abercrombie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Preservation unit under probe - Hawaii News (Aug '09) Tue Georgina 45
News Hawaii pays off lawyers' fees for Honolulu news... (May '15) May '15 Joe Balls 3
News VIDEO: Hawaii volcano lava prompts evacuation c... (Oct '14) Dec '14 hut 3
News Abercrombie content as he leaves office (Nov '14) Dec '14 Mike 14
News Schatz, Cavasso vie for Senate seat (Nov '14) Nov '14 Joe Balls 1
News Hawaii officials warn of possible lava evacuation (Oct '14) Oct '14 Understatement 4
News A look at the Hawaii volcano sending lava towar... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Adrian Godsafe MSc 2
More from around the web