HI Gov Gives Gay Marriage Bill To Law...

HI Gov Gives Gay Marriage Bill To Lawmakers

There are 1122 comments on the EDGE story from Aug 29, 2013, titled HI Gov Gives Gay Marriage Bill To Lawmakers. In it, EDGE reports that:

Gov. Neil Abercrombie on Wednesday presented state lawmakers with a draft of legislation that would legalize gay marriage in Hawaii.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#1052 Sep 14, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
Credible link???
Google it ya moron.

Four of the five lowest divorce rates in the country are in places which allow same-sex couples to marry:

#1-DC
#2-Massachusetts
#4-Iowa
#5-New York
LIlly

Tulsa, OK

#1053 Sep 14, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly.......and then when you do identify as a Lesbian, then the really disgusting trolls come out and ask if they can watch......idiots!!!
That doesn't concern you, though. They don't want to watch the fat, disgusting ones.

Oh, wait... was she a great big fat person?

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#1054 Sep 14, 2013
LIlly wrote:
Idiocy MUST be bliss for you!!!
Bebedeez

Honolulu, HI

#1055 Sep 14, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you obsessed with male genitalia? And why would you assume that I share your obsession?
You poor thing. You have some issues, don't you?
Well be a lezboo you must have or have shopped around for a starp on...right?

#1056 Sep 14, 2013
Bebedeez wrote:
<quoted text>
Well be a lezboo you must have or have shopped around for a starp on...right?
WTF is a "STARP" on? Again, you must think all women need that in order to be pleased and WE DON'T!!!
Bebedeez

Honolulu, HI

#1057 Sep 14, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF is a "STARP" on? Again, you must think all women need that in order to be pleased and WE DON'T!!!
Haha you fell in my (s)trap you do KNOW and USE a "Strappy!" but your ruoughin it and doin the "Scissors Scrape Mambo" instead.
Dude dont worry , Im down with you and the Girl on Girl! its just the sword fighters should stay in the closest..bcuz they ruined a perfectly good Cowboy movie.

#1058 Sep 14, 2013
Bebedeez wrote:
Actually, IF I knew......I'd probably not have asked......and nope, you'd be wrong on your ASSumption!!!!
Neil An Blowme

Hoboken, NJ

#1059 Sep 14, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>I always like it when these twits say we are piggybacking off of other laws.
Legal precedent seems to confuse them!
Most of them do not have the mental capacity to understand how the legal system works and evolves over time. It is really sad that a large portion of our population are functionally illiterate... These are the same folks that whine about 'personal responsibility'. Citizens have a responsibility to educated themselves...(ignorance of the law excuses no man) but no...... that would involve WORK.
Cawk Suquer

Leander, TX

#1061 Sep 14, 2013
Neil An Blowme wrote:
<quoted text> Most of them do not have the mental capacity to understand how the legal system works and evolves over time. It is really sad that a large portion of our population are functionally illiterate... These are the same folks that whine about 'personal responsibility'. Citizens have a responsibility to educated themselves...(ignorance of the law excuses no man) but no...... that would involve WORK.
My hangout just burnt down...I'll need a new place peddle my wares.
bobo

Honolulu, HI

#1062 Sep 14, 2013
Joe Balls wrote:
<quoted text> The Health Organization agrees that soaking you pecker in someone's bleeding assholle and shit, and then sucking on it will eventually kill you.
You might want to explain that one to daughter number two.
Neil An Blowme

Hoboken, NJ

#1069 Sep 15, 2013
Muay Thai Champs wrote:
Unlike the newly freed black slaves, homosexuality was not a new concept which the framers of the constitution failed to address. In fact, homosexuality has been addressed throughout history and always found to be destructive and a deviant in society.
Funny how no one has ever been able to prove that in Court, isn't it? I wonder why.......... could it be LACK OF EVIDENCE??
Neil An Blowme

Hoboken, NJ

#1070 Sep 15, 2013
Muay Thai Champs wrote:
This is the very reason that the APA decided to reject science and promote the homosexual agenda to deceive fools who are blinded by ignorance. The state has no legal or compelling interest in sponsoring same sex behaviorism as marriages.
Try to educate yourself and get a clue.
HILARIOUS!

the APA rejected science, did they????? What 'science' did they reject??

Perhaps the one who needs education is you. And a good place to start is WHAT IS SCIENCE, and why is it different from your stupid opinion.

The state has no interest...... REALLY???????? Then why do you idiot types insist on passing laws AGAINST us???

You should start over with first grade. And this time PAY ATTENTION.... especially to LOGIC FOR 1st GRADERS.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#1071 Sep 15, 2013
Scottsdale AZ PhoenixAZZ wrote:
<quoted text>I ultimately believe that the notion of "marriage" flies in the face of liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Marriage as a social institution should be abolished, and government should not recognize any rights beyond what contracts offer. If a company or government chooses not to offer benefit packages that include a "spouse," then there would be equality. Benefits should be limited to just the employee, and include no family members, not even children.
Neither should government recognize any "marriages," because the "individual" is the basic unit of humanity. Government should get out of the bedroom, and laws should only protect people individually.
You present an entirely different argument from treating the marriages of same sex couples equally under the laws currently in effect. I think you will have a hard time making your case to the religious community, and the secular community as well, but it has nothing to do with the constitutional requirement of equal protection of the law.

AOL

#1072 Sep 15, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Btw, I didn't respond to this post because it brought up any valid point, but rather to explain the common misconceptions the anti-gays have about pedophilia.
Sexual attraction is impossible to change- it is hard wired in all our brains. Straight people don't suddenly become attracted to the same sex; gay people don't suddenly become attracted to the opposite sex; and child sex offenders don't suddenly become attracted to adults.
Thanks for pointing out this is just another attempt to demonize and dehumanize gay people by comparing love between consenting adults to child abuse. They have nothing to do with each other, no matter how often they drag out that stigmatizing connection they refuse to apply to themselves.

Of course we have a restriction on age for getting married which is well justified. The restriction on gender remains seperate, irrational, and unsupportable.
Bebedeez

Honolulu, HI

#1073 Sep 15, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for pointing out this is just another attempt to demonize and dehumanize gay people by comparing love between consenting adults to child abuse. They have nothing to do with each other, no matter how often they drag out that stigmatizing connection they refuse to apply to themselves.
Of course we have a restriction on age for getting married which is well justified. The restriction on gender remains seperate, irrational, and unsupportable.
Sorry Bro Gay is not a gender. It is a prefered sex act, just like Pedophilia,Paraphilia, Necrophilia,Zoophilia and GuysPhiliaeachothersballsac.
Salustiano Sanchez-Blazqu

United States

#1074 Sep 15, 2013
Violet wrote:
<quoted text>

What's the rush?
LOL.

AOL

#1075 Sep 15, 2013
Bebedeez wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Bro Gay is not a gender. It is a prefered sex act, just like Pedophilia,Paraphilia, Necrophilia,Zoophilia and GuysPhiliaeachothersballsac.
“Research over several decades has demonstrated that sexual orientation ranges along a continuum, from exclusive attraction to the other sex to exclusive attraction to the same sex. Despite the persistence of stereotypes that portray lesbian, gay, and bisexual people as disturbed, several decades of research and clinical experience have led all mainstream medical and mental health organizations in this country to conclude that these orientations represent normal forms of human experience. Lesbian, gay, and bisexual relationships are normal forms of human bonding.”(APA)

Love between consenting, non-related adults has nothing to do with child abuse, animal abuse, or any of the other irrational excuses trotted out.

AOL

#1076 Sep 15, 2013
Bebedeez wrote:
<quoted text>
Love and commitment between consenting, non-related adults has nothing to do with child abuse, animal abuse, or any of the other irrational excuses for the gender restriction.

But I suppose I should thank you for trotting out the horse, and rolling out the corpse.

It demonstrates how desperate and irrational your argument is against treating the marriages of same sex couples equally under the laws currently in effect for opposite sex couples.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#1077 Sep 16, 2013
Bebedeez wrote:
<quoted text>
We never said gay was a gender, just that the ban on same-sex couples marrying is based on gender discrimination.

The ban isn't based on sexual orientation, but rather on the gender of the two parties involved.

And gender based discrimination IS unconstitutional.
Scottsdale AZ PhoenixAZZ

Kahului, HI

#1078 Sep 19, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
We never said gay was a gender, just that the ban on same-sex couples marrying is based on gender discrimination.
The ban isn't based on sexual orientation, but rather on the gender of the two parties involved.
And gender based discrimination IS unconstitutional.
I think this is a compelling viewpoint, but am still not convinced that gender discrimination extends to same-sex marriages. Just because you treat genders the same under Title 9 does not mean it extends to the commingling of people regardless of gender (for exampe).
Thoughts?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Neil Abercrombie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Dispatches Investigators To Hawaii To Loo... (May '11) Jan '17 Pharting Dude 23
News Preservation unit under probe - Hawaii News (Aug '09) Jul '16 Georgina 45
News Hawaii pays off lawyers' fees for Honolulu news... (May '15) May '15 Joe Balls 3
News VIDEO: Hawaii volcano lava prompts evacuation c... (Oct '14) Dec '14 hut 3
News Abercrombie content as he leaves office (Nov '14) Dec '14 Mike 14
News Schatz, Cavasso vie for Senate seat (Nov '14) Nov '14 Joe Balls 1
News Hawaii officials warn of possible lava evacuation (Oct '14) Oct '14 Understatement 4
More from around the web