HI Gov Gives Gay Marriage Bill To Law...

HI Gov Gives Gay Marriage Bill To Lawmakers

There are 1122 comments on the EDGE story from Aug 29, 2013, titled HI Gov Gives Gay Marriage Bill To Lawmakers. In it, EDGE reports that:

Gov. Neil Abercrombie on Wednesday presented state lawmakers with a draft of legislation that would legalize gay marriage in Hawaii.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#595 Sep 6, 2013
Joe Balls wrote:
<quoted text> I checked out the Michigan forums and there you were. Actually, I agree with what you post, so how come you are such an assholio on the Honolulu forum?
It all depends on the assholio I'm responding to.....

Tawas City, Michigan

#596 Sep 6, 2013
Scottsdale AZ PhoenixAZZ wrote:
<quoted text>But you are equal. You are free to marry anyone of the opposite sex not closer than your first cousin you want.
What the LGBT lobby is asking for is an EXPANSION of the definition of marriage.
That's fine, but let's not call it "equality."
Next stop: Incest, polygamy and polyandry.
Right, and it was "equal" when inter-racial marriage was banned because everyone was free to marry anyone of the same race.

Sorry, that old chestnut don't roast.

Btw, I'm already married, but because we are discriminated against, our marriage isn't recognized by all 50 states..... yet.

Tawas City, Michigan

#597 Sep 6, 2013
Joe Balls wrote:
<quoted text> If it happens, I talk to a lot of military people, and they are going to marry their buddies just to get base housing, rations, and all the other benefits that single soldiers have to do without. I suppose you'll even be able to marry a monkey and qualify, like Barack did.
Most hetero men are absolutely terrified of someone thinking they might be gay, so it's doubtful they'd marry another man just for the benefits. But if they do, how is that any different from service members marrying someone of the opposite sex just to get the benefits?

I was in the military for 20+ years and saw that happen all the time.

If your real concern if benefits fraud, then the only solution is to ban ALL benefits based on marital status.

Of course we all know that's NOT your real concern.

Tawas City, Michigan

#598 Sep 6, 2013
Joe Balls wrote:
<quoted text> If it happens, I talk to a lot of military people, and they are going to marry their buddies just to get base housing, rations, and all the other benefits that single soldiers have to do without. I suppose you'll even be able to marry a monkey and qualify, like Barack did.
Btw, it's racist and moronic comments like that which cause me to be such an assholio to bigots like you.
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#599 Sep 6, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, and it was "equal" when inter-racial marriage was banned because everyone was free to marry anyone of the same race.
Sorry, that old chestnut don't roast.
Btw, I'm already married, but because we are discriminated against, our marriage isn't recognized by all 50 states..... yet.
You are not discriminated against. The heteros marriage is discriminated against. Fifty per cent divorce rate with more then half of our kids in single family households. Up to 80 per cent in African American neighborhoods. the cost of raising a child several times more then it has to be. The gay movement should have pushed for acceptance and building foundations. Instead the movement is going to put you in a bulls eye if things fall apart. The new world order elitists have done well with you. Only true libertarian views with concern to marriage and not progressive agenda will give you the foundation needed. And that doe snot exist.
Huh

Faribault, MN

#600 Sep 6, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> You are not discriminated against. The heteros marriage is discriminated against. Fifty per cent divorce rate with more then half of our kids in single family households. Up to 80 per cent in African American neighborhoods. the cost of raising a child several times more then it has to be. The gay movement should have pushed for acceptance and building foundations. Instead the movement is going to put you in a bulls eye if things fall apart. The new world order elitists have done well with you. Only true libertarian views with concern to marriage and not progressive agenda will give you the foundation needed. And that doe snot exist.
Do you support same sex marriage being legal?
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#601 Sep 6, 2013
mad hatter wrote:
Nobody's wife can be fatter and uglier than Obama's
Fatter? Um, you should adjust your screen size.
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#602 Sep 6, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you support same sex marriage being legal?
In a libertarian environment with demographic stats the same as before all of the political correctness,diversity, quotas, etc. The marriage an divorce must be the same or about and the playing around or cheating on marriage must be the same. The massive amount of partners must be reduced as most heteros are not even near that sexually active. Also sexual diseases must be of personally responsible actions with only the basic sex diseases paid for by the taxpayer.
Huh

Faribault, MN

#603 Sep 6, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> In a libertarian environment with demographic stats the same as before all of the political correctness,diversity, quotas, etc. The marriage an divorce must be the same or about and the playing around or cheating on marriage must be the same. The massive amount of partners must be reduced as most heteros are not even near that sexually active. Also sexual diseases must be of personally responsible actions with only the basic sex diseases paid for by the taxpayer.
So no? I mean you spout all the time about freedom and getting government out of your life. Why would you want government controlling one of the most personal things we do..WHO WE LOVE AND MARRY.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#604 Sep 6, 2013
serfs up wrote:
The massive amount of partners must be reduced as most heteros are not even near that sexually active.
Oh puh-leez! Who do you think you're kidding?
BornGay Superhuman

Alpharetta, GA

#605 Sep 6, 2013
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if your BS were true, in your sick mind the imposition of evil can be justified by another evil. Leprosy is not contagious. HIV/AIDS by a bunch of evil minded people like you actually wanting to destroy a culture... is. The expanded infection of Hawaii with illegal and destructive drugs is reason enough to quarantine queers, not reward them.
Check your chains for flat spots and corrosion
We wouldn't want you to get loose
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#606 Sep 6, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
So no? I mean you spout all the time about freedom and getting government out of your life. Why would you want government controlling one of the most personal things we do..WHO WE LOVE AND MARRY.
We are taxed at high rates. Stop taxing people for others irresponsible ways and I will agree with you. Clean up the system. We can save a lot of money. The way things are now, we are in trouble. Your government is bringing a police state atmosphere to our living. You don't seem to care. Yet history is replete with people getting blamed and killed by out of control governments. So as a progressive nation. I disagree. As a libertarian one. I agree. Conventional marriage has been destroyed. Progressive policies have exceeded common sense. Raising a child and staying married may not be the best, but it keeps the prices down. Resources are getting tight and the government has screwed over the responsible people who paid debts down and saved. As they always do in history. Why do you think they should have been screwed over?
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#607 Sep 6, 2013
Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>Oh puh-leez! Who do you think you're kidding?
You want me to repeat it.
Huh

Faribault, MN

#608 Sep 6, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> We are taxed at high rates. Stop taxing people for others irresponsible ways and I will agree with you. Clean up the system. We can save a lot of money. The way things are now, we are in trouble. Your government is bringing a police state atmosphere to our living. You don't seem to care. Yet history is replete with people getting blamed and killed by out of control governments. So as a progressive nation. I disagree. As a libertarian one. I agree. Conventional marriage has been destroyed. Progressive policies have exceeded common sense. Raising a child and staying married may not be the best, but it keeps the prices down. Resources are getting tight and the government has screwed over the responsible people who paid debts down and saved. As they always do in history. Why do you think they should have been screwed over?
WHAT?????? Yes taxes taxes....What does that have to do with same sex people having equal rights????? Your post on every topic are wild and out of control and make no sense. get some help.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#609 Sep 6, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> You want me to repeat it.
I want you to prove it.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#610 Sep 6, 2013
serfs up wrote:
Raising a child and staying married may not be the best, but it keeps the prices down.
You've been out in the sun too long.
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#611 Sep 6, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT?????? Yes taxes taxes....What does that have to do with same sex people having equal rights????? Your post on every topic are wild and out of control and make no sense. get some help.
it has everything to do with it. The whole enlightened movement the last fifty years is based on it. You stole my money the last six year sor so. No rebuttals. I will believe that to the end of my life.
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#612 Sep 6, 2013
Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>I want you to prove it.
No, I want you. Saul Alinsky lives!
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#613 Sep 6, 2013
Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been out in the sun too long.
The sun is free. Your aids meds is bankrupting us and shortchanging research in other diseases everyone gets. People have died for this over sexed crap that obviously is an issue in the human species history.
Huh

Faribault, MN

#614 Sep 6, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> it has everything to do with it. The whole enlightened movement the last fifty years is based on it. You stole my money the last six year sor so. No rebuttals. I will believe that to the end of my life.
So heck with rights and freedoms huh?????? I STOLE NOTHING..........I never took one dime in any kind of aid. Watch how you try to sound like your only one paying taxes...

Giving same sex peoples rights has nothing to do with taxes IDIOT...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Neil Abercrombie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Preservation unit under probe - Hawaii News (Aug '09) Jul '16 Georgina 45
News Hawaii pays off lawyers' fees for Honolulu news... (May '15) May '15 Joe Balls 3
News VIDEO: Hawaii volcano lava prompts evacuation c... (Oct '14) Dec '14 hut 3
News Abercrombie content as he leaves office (Nov '14) Dec '14 Mike 14
News Schatz, Cavasso vie for Senate seat (Nov '14) Nov '14 Joe Balls 1
News Hawaii officials warn of possible lava evacuation (Oct '14) Oct '14 Understatement 4
News A look at the Hawaii volcano sending lava towar... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Adrian Godsafe MSc 2
More from around the web