Hawaiians oust incumbent governor in ...

Hawaiians oust incumbent governor in primary surprise

There are 7 comments on the Christian Science Monitor story from Aug 10, 2014, titled Hawaiians oust incumbent governor in primary surprise. In it, Christian Science Monitor reports that:

Incumbent Governor Neil Abercrombie conceded defeat on Saturday as Hawaii voters overwhelmingly backed his challenger in the state's Democratic primary, even as local authorities and residents cleaned up debris from a tropical storm and tried to prepare for an approaching hurricane.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Christian Science Monitor.

Mustang Mike

Knoxville, TN

#1 Aug 10, 2014
I'm glad to see Abercrombie go.

“PRESIDENT TRUMP & VP PENCE”

Since: Mar 09

WILL MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

#3 Aug 10, 2014
This is payback for turning Hawaii into the gay marriage capitol of the world and other atroicities he's imposed upon the Hawaii people in such a short time.He lost in a humiliating defeat, first imcumbent governor ever to lose in the history of Hawaii.

Zero tolerance for left wing extremism ...the silent majority wasn't silent last night. They were heard loud and clear.....even in Hawaii.

WOW.
Leward lolo

Honolulu, HI

#4 Aug 10, 2014
Hawaii will never be as bad as any large California city. Been there. Done that.
Joe Balls

Honolulu, HI

#9 Aug 10, 2014
Guru wrote:
Neil:
"“It’s more a matter of being able to say to myself that I gave everything that I could, from my waking thoughts in the morning to when I went to sleep … being grateful for the opportunity to serve Hawaii here in paradise,” the governor said.
But running for, and serving in office, can take its toll on a person’s private life. Just ask somebody who’s done that for 40 years.
“Believe me, no tears need to be shed for me,” Abercrombie said.“Others, the people who love me, the people care about me, they are the ones who have had to make the sacrifices. My wife said to me the other day, you’ve worked a double shift for years and what really is the case is others have had to work that double shift.”
The governor says it will be nice to be able to sit through an entire symphony, or finish a chapter of a book. He is nothing but optimistic about his future and about his legacy.
When asked how he would like to remembered as not only a politician, but a man as well, Abercrombie said “I would like to disappear. Really. In the sense that, if you depend upon an individual, then you’re not going to have the institutional foundation that will really give a solid form to the things that you value.”
The conversation with the governor was not about his most recent campaign — others will talk about that. It was about a man who has devoted much of his adult life to public service.
“To the degree there’s going to be any memory, I hope it’s, boy, this guy made the tough decisions that had to be made,” he said.
“He had the confidence that making a decision when it needed to be made was the right thing to do, and he always did the right thing, the pono thing. That’s what my Auntie Aggie, my hanai mom, has counseled me to do and I’ve always tried to do. That’s what my commitment is and always will be.
“And Hawaii will be the last word in my dying breath.”
yeah, making those "tough decisions"....like the following:
1.- NOT providing the truth about obama's not having a birth certificate. The people remembered that.
2.- Going after seniors' pensions.
3.- Going after huge property tax increases on their homes to fund the train.
4. NOT going to 3 out of 4 debates,
5. Hogging the camera during the hurricane when people wanted to hear the experts, not you.
6. Your flip-flopping on election promises after one year.
THOSE were the tough decision you had to make, and you failed on all of them.
What did you expect?
Everybody that supports obama will experience the exact same thing at some point. it was your turn to feel the anger of the people. This will only continue through November and beyond.
I'd call this one a NO vote on the train too.

“PRESIDENT TRUMP & VP PENCE”

Since: Mar 09

WILL MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

#10 Aug 11, 2014
Let this be an example to all you left wing zealots in office who are trying to force feed the gay agenda onto the vast majority of citizens who oppose it.

Loss by a major, major landslide....a humiliating defeat...
Joe Balls

Honolulu, HI

#11 Aug 11, 2014
American_Infidel wrote:
Let this be an example to all you left wing zealots in office who are trying to force feed the gay agenda onto the vast majority of citizens who oppose it.
Loss by a major, major landslide....a humiliating defeat...
He should have said, "I'm sorry for what I've done to Hawaii, and I'll undo it all before I leave." I just couldn't pass up all that money the developers paid me to push the train."
Mustang Mike

Knoxville, TN

#12 Aug 11, 2014
Guru wrote:
HAWAII YOU DID GOOD!

2 HURRICANES AND ONE OBAMA SUKKING, BIRTH CERTIFICATE LOSIN', SENIOR BACKSTABBIN', HOMEOWNER TAXIN', MIDGET OUT IN A WEEK!

Go party! You deserve it!!!

ALOOOOOOOHA!
I believe we will see many changes in the November election.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Neil Abercrombie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Preservation unit under probe - Hawaii News (Aug '09) Jul '16 Georgina 45
News Hawaii pays off lawyers' fees for Honolulu news... (May '15) May '15 Joe Balls 3
News VIDEO: Hawaii volcano lava prompts evacuation c... (Oct '14) Dec '14 hut 3
News Abercrombie content as he leaves office (Nov '14) Dec '14 Mike 14
News Schatz, Cavasso vie for Senate seat (Nov '14) Nov '14 Joe Balls 1
News Hawaii officials warn of possible lava evacuation (Oct '14) Oct '14 Understatement 4
News A look at the Hawaii volcano sending lava towar... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Adrian Godsafe MSc 2
More from around the web