Hawaii will become 15th state to allo...

Hawaii will become 15th state to allow gay marriage

There are 18 comments on the Kennebec Journal story from Nov 12, 2013, titled Hawaii will become 15th state to allow gay marriage. In it, Kennebec Journal reports that:

The state Senate passed a bill Tuesday legalizing gay marriage, putting Hawaii a signature away from becoming a same-sex wedding destination.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Kennebec Journal.

“HILLARY OR TRUMP”

Since: Mar 09

WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?

#1 Nov 12, 2013
Not without a fight...a lawsuit already filed thanks to the GREAT REPUBLICAN Rep. Bob McDermott.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#2 Nov 12, 2013
fr American_Infidel:

>Not without a fight...a lawsuit already filed thanks to the GREAT REPUBLICAN Rep. Bob McDermott.<

Um, too late.

Your village called. They want their idiot back.

“HILLARY OR TRUMP”

#3 Nov 12, 2013
Pattysboi wrote:
fr American_Infidel:
>Not without a fight...a lawsuit already filed thanks to the GREAT REPUBLICAN Rep. Bob McDermott.<
Um, too late.
Your village called. They want their idiot back.
No its not. It'll be thrown out before the ink dries on your fake marriage liscense. IDIOT.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#5 Nov 13, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
No its not. It'll be thrown out before the ink dries on your fake marriage liscense. IDIOT.
No one has been able to come up with a rational and valid state interest in preventing same sex couples form marrying, yet. Why would you think this court case would be any different?

It's amazing the amounts of money Republicans are willing to waste as long as it hurts hardworking taxpayers they don't like.
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#7 Nov 13, 2013
Go, gay rights, GO!!!!!!!!!!
U like play paddycakes

Mililani, HI

#8 Nov 13, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
The answer to foolishness is to file frivolous lawsuits. Like our lite rail what it does is increase the cost of everything. Sometimes I think with lite rail I foolishly think the contractors are somehow involved. This ugly monster is really becoming scary yes?
Unhappy little man always

Mililani, HI

#9 Nov 13, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
I really believe you live to be a big chronic crybaby. Why don't you go smoke some crack like that Canadian politician when stuff gets to ya? This gay marriage BS is the least of my problems. Surely your life and daily business has more priority than crying all day long? If 2 guys or 2 gals really want to be married then they will suffer the results of failing this legal contract. Few ups and many downs are included once it becomes LEGAL.
Peter

Honolulu, HI

#10 Nov 13, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
No one has been able to come up with a rational and valid state interest in preventing same sex couples form marrying, yet. Why would you think this court case would be any different?
It's amazing the amounts of money Republicans are willing to waste as long as it hurts hardworking taxpayers they don't like.
How about Christians/Religious moral-majority who do not want to violate their own Gods command that sees Gay sex and union as a Sin and abomination? How about the same people who have professions as photographers, party preparers,teachers and marrying pastors compromising their morals against a law that forces them to choose between Gods law and an immoral Gay Marriage Law with 90% plus of our Island against it, if they pick their faith they get thrown in jail, sued or both. America was founded and it was worded in the Constitution by Christian core principles. It was freedom of religion, not suppression of religion, and that is it in a nutshell.
Martin MacNeill

Dallas, TX

#11 Nov 13, 2013
Congrats Hawaii. Equality always prevails.
does it matter

Ewa Beach, HI

#12 Nov 13, 2013
Peter wrote:
<quoted text>
How about the same people who have professions as photographers, party preparers,teachers and marrying pastors compromising their morals against a law that forces them to choose between Gods law and an immoral Gay Marriage Law
What? An event planner or photographer can deny service to whoever they want. In the past, there were no 'homosexual weddings' to plan or document. It's a brand new customer base. If you are against it, don't participate.
Teachers and pastors? There are 14 other states that homosexual marriage. Anecdotal evidence shows that there have been no curriculum changes. Pastors are not obligated to participate in ceremonies that violate their beliefs. Churches can change their bylaws to state this. Reasonable people can see that it will be very difficult to meaningfully impede on religious freedom. The problem is that there are unreasonable people of both sides...
Cordwainer Trout

Elk Horn, KY

#13 Nov 13, 2013
Two thirds of the Hawaiians voted to change the Constitution to define marriage as between a man and a woman. Democrat Legislators have once again shown they have no respect for the will of the people. Disease, depravity, sodomy and drug use have won in Hawaii. Homosexuals have increased crime and drug use.
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#15 Nov 14, 2013
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
Two thirds of the Hawaiians voted to change the Constitution to define marriage as between a man and a woman. Democrat Legislators have once again shown they have no respect for the will of the people. Disease, depravity, sodomy and drug use have won in Hawaii. Homosexuals have increased crime and drug use.
LOL! Don't forget to blame homosexuals for that wad of chewing gum stuck on the bottom of your shoe. Or for your wife having split ends in her hair. Congratulations for looking like a complete idiot once again.

“HILLARY OR TRUMP”

#16 Nov 14, 2013
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
Don't blame me, I voted for the local Hawaiian Christian bruddah not the haole from New York.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#17 Nov 15, 2013
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
.. Disease, depravity, sodomy and drug use have won in Hawaii. Homosexuals have increased crime and drug use.
Please provide your verifiable statistics that show married gay people are more likely to commit crimes and use drugs then married straight people.

And then show that marriage increases crime rates in general.

Thanks, in advance.
Alec Baldwin

Beckley, WV

#18 Nov 15, 2013
I wish all you ""c**ksucking f*g.", a happy life. LMAO.
Alec Baldwin

Beckley, WV

#19 Nov 15, 2013
Alec Baldwin wrote:
I wish all you ""c**ksucking f*g.", a happy life. LMAO.
I am a liberal, and I mean what I say.
Go Hilliary Clinton

Mililani, HI

#21 Nov 15, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
Not without a fight...a lawsuit already filed thanks to the GREAT REPUBLICAN Rep. Bob McDermott.
When this Tea Party turkey lost it tells me the Republicans are next to go. In 2016 H Clinton will be a guarantee winner. If Obama could beat the Republicans in 2012 just think what a real Democratic women could do. Sorry crybaby you guys will start losing seats and it has started already. Aloha and remember since you guys have so much time come and spend your money in Hawaii. Hahahahahahahaha watch and see.
For sure

Mililani, HI

#22 Nov 15, 2013
Why would someone stalk this ahole? This Canadian gal must ne kalohe(dumb&crazy)?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Neil Abercrombie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Preservation unit under probe - Hawaii News (Aug '09) Jul '16 Georgina 45
News Hawaii pays off lawyers' fees for Honolulu news... (May '15) May '15 Joe Balls 3
News VIDEO: Hawaii volcano lava prompts evacuation c... (Oct '14) Dec '14 hut 3
News Abercrombie content as he leaves office (Nov '14) Dec '14 Mike 14
News Schatz, Cavasso vie for Senate seat (Nov '14) Nov '14 Joe Balls 1
News Hawaii officials warn of possible lava evacuation (Oct '14) Oct '14 Understatement 4
News A look at the Hawaii volcano sending lava towar... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Adrian Godsafe MSc 2
More from around the web