Hagan supports recognition of Lumbees

Hagan supports recognition of Lumbees

There are 96 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 29, 2009, titled Hagan supports recognition of Lumbees. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

Jon Ostendorff * [email protected] * published March 30, 2009 12:15 am CHEROKEE A U.S. senator from North Carolina is drawing fire from the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians for throwing her support behind a plan that would give full federal recognition to Lumbee Indians in the eastern part of the state.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“Conservative for America”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#91 Jun 2, 2009
Ghost Dog wrote:
<quoted text>What is an "indian"? They are consolidations of eons of intermarriage, rape, casual sex, between Asian, Polynesians, causcasians, blacks, Arabs, etc. They are mutts, just like everyone else.
Stop talking. The more you talk the further down the collective intelligence of this planet goes. The first Homo Sapien is recorded to have been in Africa. Accounting for continental drift over 10s of thousands of years. The descendants of the first erect early humans crossed into Asia and Europe around the Mediterranean. Those that migrated into Asia eventually moved into Siberia. Over thousands of years they moved up to and then crossed the land bridge while the Baltic sea was down (ice age). The bridge disappeared and those in North America were trapped. They left scattered tribes in Alaska, Canada, America, Mexico, Central, and south America. Those in south America are thought to be the ones that colonized Hawaii originally. Even though Hawaiians have strong Asian features this is based on later influence from Asian nations.

You are an idiot to suggest anyone 15,000 years ago could have built a ship and navigated nearly 5,000 miles to the islands. Ockham's razor buddy and if you don't know that sue your school system.

So in short your racist tirade about mongrels is far from true. your comment about inter marriage and rape show a total lack of historical knowledge about others but especially your own heritage. Feel free, either you are white and I can list dozens of documented cases of horrible acts whites did or you are black and I can point you to the archives for African tribal history. Those contain some stories that will give you nightmares.

By comparison Native Americans were docile and peaceful until the white devil came with trickery, deceit, disease, and death. Go ahead GD bigot, keep talking and prove to all of us why you are considered a mental midget.
proudlumbee

Fayetteville, NC

#92 Jun 2, 2009
newsflash. indians were also "human", which means a percentage of them were NOT docile and peaceful. long b4 the white devil. long after the white devil.

p.s.- go yawning bear! we finally got rid of the anti-intellectual cowboy after 8 looongg years!
divigation

Duncan, SC

#93 Jun 2, 2009
Ghost Dog wrote:
<quoted text>What is an "indian"? They are consolidations of eons of intermarriage, rape, casual sex, between Asian, Polynesians, causcasians, blacks, Arabs, etc. They are mutts, just like everyone else.
Native Americans descended from single Ancestor Group, DNA study confirms
"For two decades, researchers have been using a growing volume of genetic data to debate whether ancestors of Native Americans emigrated to the New World in one wave or successive waves, or from one ancestral Asian population or a number of different populations."
"Now, after painstakingly comparing DNA samples from people in dozens of modern-day Native American and Eurasian groups, an international team of scientists thinks it can put the matter to rest: Virtually without exception the new evidence supports the single ancestral population theory."
"The team's work follows up on earlier studies by several of its members who found a unique variant (an allele) of a genetic marker in the DNA of modern-day Native American people."

"Yet this allele was absent in all 54 of the Eurasian, African and Oceanian groups the team sampled."

"Overall, among the 908 people who were in the 44 groups in which the allele was found, more than one out of three had the variant."
"Furthermore, the fact that the allele was absent in other Asian populations most likely meant that America's ancestral founders had been isolated from the rest of Asia for thousands of years before they moved into the New World: that is, for a period of time that was long enough to allow the allele to originate in, and spread throughout, the isolated population."

So, not so much.

http://www.physorg.com/news160214945.html
Powhatan Tribe

Columbus, GA

#94 Jun 6, 2009
The Lumbee tribe a de-facto member of the Powhatan Confederacy will recieve federal recognition this year, six Powhatan tribes in Virginia will also be recognized. The leader of this so-called extient Powhatan confederation is a federally undeniable Indian entity called the Powhatan-Toney Tribe (Powhatan Tribe). The tribe descended from tri-racial ancestors of African, European and Indian blood and trace two explicit tribal bloodlines that included slavery back to 1600. Excepting federal displacement the Natives have live in the same area for 200 years. The Powhatan-Toney tribal burial ground is located next to the Gowan sacred burial ground, the Gowan/Goins surname is a recognized Lumbee surname and provide further evidence that the Lumbee (Croatan) tribe is historically associated with the mighty Powhatan Confederacy. Our Powhatan alliance In Virginia and North Carolina played a vital role in the election of President Obama. Our group is of Native American descendants allied nationwide with black and white Americans Indians that claim Powhatan and Cherokee descent is a political force that can no longer be ignored by federal Indian recognition discrimination...

Location hidden

#95 Jun 6, 2009
Powhatan Tribe wrote:
The Lumbee tribe a de-facto member of the Powhatan Confederacy will recieve federal recognition this year, six Powhatan tribes in Virginia will also be recognized. The leader of this so-called extient Powhatan confederation is a federally undeniable Indian entity called the Powhatan-Toney Tribe (Powhatan Tribe). The tribe descended from tri-racial ancestors of African, European and Indian blood and trace two explicit tribal bloodlines that included slavery back to 1600. Excepting federal displacement the Natives have live in the same area for 200 years. The Powhatan-Toney tribal burial ground is located next to the Gowan sacred burial ground, the Gowan/Goins surname is a recognized Lumbee surname and provide further evidence that the Lumbee (Croatan) tribe is historically associated with the mighty Powhatan Confederacy. Our Powhatan alliance In Virginia and North Carolina played a vital role in the election of President Obama. Our group is of Native American descendants allied nationwide with black and white Americans Indians that claim Powhatan and Cherokee descent is a political force that can no longer be ignored by federal Indian recognition discrimination...
Scientific proof of heritage? DNA evidence of genetic heritage? Proof beyond a BS story claiming to be linked to my tribe, which was not a black, white, Indian mix. You lumbee will claim anything and now you are claiming to be Powhatan? I beg you to consult the official Powhatan website and see what they think of your claim. http://www.powhatan.org/ As for me, I trace my ancestry directly back to the tribe via Niketti, chieftain's daughter and first cousin to Moanoke (better known as Pocahontas) Can you produce equal proof of your claim that the lumbee are Powhatan?

As for the BS about the tatters getting recognition. I am not impressed, when Obama will do anything to add to those dependant on him. It sounds more like you and the lumbee bent and blew your way to tribal status and that is nothing to be proud of.
Ghost Dog

United States

#97 Jun 8, 2009
yona wrote:
<quoted text>
Scientific proof of heritage? DNA evidence of genetic heritage? Proof beyond a BS story claiming to be linked to my tribe, which was not a black, white, Indian mix. You lumbee will claim anything and now you are claiming to be Powhatan? I beg you to consult the official Powhatan website and see what they think of your claim. http://www.powhatan.org/ As for me, I trace my ancestry directly back to the tribe via Niketti, chieftain's daughter and first cousin to Moanoke (better known as Pocahontas) Can you produce equal proof of your claim that the lumbee are Powhatan?
As for the BS about the tatters getting recognition. I am not impressed, when Obama will do anything to add to those dependant on him. It sounds more like you and the lumbee bent and blew your way to tribal status and that is nothing to be proud of.
Heh, heh, heh, so, you're a decendent of a Disney character? Heh, heh, heh, did Mickey Mouse get in the woodpile or was it Goofy?
Ghost Dog

United States

#98 Jun 8, 2009
yona wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop talking. The more you talk the further down the collective intelligence of this planet goes. The first Homo Sapien is recorded to have been in Africa. Accounting for continental drift over 10s of thousands of years. The descendants of the first erect early humans crossed into Asia and Europe around the Mediterranean. Those that migrated into Asia eventually moved into Siberia. Over thousands of years they moved up to and then crossed the land bridge while the Baltic sea was down (ice age). The bridge disappeared and those in North America were trapped. They left scattered tribes in Alaska, Canada, America, Mexico, Central, and south America. Those in south America are thought to be the ones that colonized Hawaii originally. Even though Hawaiians have strong Asian features this is based on later influence from Asian nations.
You are an idiot to suggest anyone 15,000 years ago could have built a ship and navigated nearly 5,000 miles to the islands. Ockham's razor buddy and if you don't know that sue your school system.
So in short your racist tirade about mongrels is far from true. your comment about inter marriage and rape show a total lack of historical knowledge about others but especially your own heritage. Feel free, either you are white and I can list dozens of documented cases of horrible acts whites did or you are black and I can point you to the archives for African tribal history. Those contain some stories that will give you nightmares.
By comparison Native Americans were docile and peaceful until the white devil came with trickery, deceit, disease, and death. Go ahead GD bigot, keep talking and prove to all of us why you are considered a mental midget.
Heh, heh, heh, "native americans were docile", heh, heh, heh! Guess they never had wars or captured slaves or did all those things verified through archiology long before the "white man" came to America, heh, heh, heh! Your funny! Like it that you agree that the indians came from Africa! "white man"? But, you said you were a "caucasian"? What's up Doc? Must have been Bugs Bunny who came over to Disney from Warner and poked Pocahantas!

Location hidden

#99 Jun 8, 2009
GD, just keep posting. You only make yourself look increasingly ignorant.
Ghost Dog

United States

#100 Jun 8, 2009
"Docile", heh, heh, heh! Eurasians came across the Beringu (land bridge), now known as the Bering Strait. They were not "docile", most tribes engaged in warfare, not just out of necessity but because they enjoyed it! The Cherokee saw it as their favorite activity and it occupied most of each Winter! The primary occupation of the Iroquois was Warfare! The Catawba were driven south by the Seneca during the Beaver Wars. Hostility with the Iroquois, Cherokee, Shawnee, Delaware, Algonquin and other enemy tribes was common. The Catawba, with their flattened foreheads, black paint and pony tails were "Fearsome" and they had a fierce reputation as warriors! Docile, that's comical! Didn't even get into the Comanche, Apache, Seminole and other tribes. Who wiped out the Mohicans? The beavers? Then there are the Incas, Myans, Aztecs and other tribes who killed by the thousands and took slaves by the tens of thousands. "Docile", that's a reallly good joke!
Ghost Dog

United States

#101 Jun 8, 2009
yona wrote:
GD, just keep posting. You only make yourself look increasingly ignorant.
Saying "native americans" were "docile" is totally ignorant and that would be YOU! Who's your "daddy", he came from Africa?

Location hidden

#102 Jun 8, 2009
Just keep posting. So far you have nothing right and if I decide to waste the time setting history right. Well I want you to have enough rope...
lumbee pride

Fayetteville, NC

#103 Feb 18, 2011
umm.. lumbee pride nationwide!@!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#104 Feb 18, 2011
Hagan is a fascist commie.
HaHa

Asheville, NC

#105 Feb 18, 2011
Impeach the hore.
ForceMarine

Clemmons, NC

#106 Apr 5, 2013
Fake Mulattos. A political tribe created to seperate themselves from the pure negroes. They don't know. They're the children and grandchildren of liars
Anonymous

Warsaw, NC

#107 May 29, 2013
This proves that man and ape has mixed....Dumbees

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike McIntyre Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News In the Loop: Want to stop enriching people whos... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Le Jimbo 9
News Democrat Aiken goes for GOP-heavy House district (Apr '14) May '14 barefoot2626 9
News Longtime Dems McIntyre, McCarthy to Retire (Jan '14) Jan '14 conservative crapola 4
News House GOP Targets NC Dem Despite His Staunch Op... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Storm Warning 5
News Lumbees say they'll keep their eagle feathers, ... (Feb '13) Oct '13 Tim in Cali 7
News Expert: Lumbee bill a long shot (Mar '13) Mar '13 SamT 4
News District 8 candidate opposes Lumbee recognition (Mar '12) Jan '13 uyukdv 16
More from around the web