Some see red over no red, white and blue on Veterans Day :: WRAL.com

Nov 12, 2008 Full story: www.wral.com

Some area residents were still incensed Wednesday that the Haymount Post Office didn't fly the flag on Veterans Day.

What happened to respecting those who give the ultimate sacrifice? Or perhaps this country has lost respect for itself?

Full Story

Since: Nov 08

Fort Bragg, NC

#1 Nov 12, 2008
I personally fly the American Flag 24 hours a day to honor those who died for this country and for those who currently serve this nation.

In case you were wondering, the flag is well lit from dusk till dawn.
Joe Mama

Hong Kong

#2 Nov 12, 2008
The lazy a-s-s employee that told the paper that no one was there to put the flag out cause they were off should be fired.
Joe Mama

Hong Kong

#3 Nov 12, 2008
On second thought the supervisor of the office should be fired for not going there and putting it up him/herself. And furthermore why is the pole there not lit up 24/7?

Since: Nov 08

Fort Bragg, NC

#4 Nov 15, 2008
The Postmaster could have done it him/herself. Donate a few minutes out of respect for our veterans. However, I feel that's the problem. Respect seems to be a word slowly disappearing from our society.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike McIntyre Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
In the Loop: Want to stop enriching people whos... Aug '14 Le Jimbo 9
Democrat Aiken goes for GOP-heavy House district (Apr '14) May '14 barefoot2626 9
Longtime Dems McIntyre, McCarthy to Retire (Jan '14) Jan '14 conservative crapola 4
House GOP Targets NC Dem Despite His Staunch Op... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Storm Warning 5
Lumbees say they'll keep their eagle feathers, ... (Feb '13) Oct '13 Tim in Cali 7
Hagan supports recognition of Lumbees (Mar '09) May '13 Anonymous 96
Expert: Lumbee bill a long shot (Mar '13) Mar '13 SamT 4
More from around the web