Reactions to deadly CO theater shooting

Reactions to deadly CO theater shooting

There are 142 comments on the WAVY-TV Portsmouth story from Jul 20, 2012, titled Reactions to deadly CO theater shooting. In it, WAVY-TV Portsmouth reports that:

Reaction to the shooting at a crowded Denver-area movie theater, where 12 people were killed and dozens more injured Friday in one of the deadliest mass shootings in recent U.S. history: "Michelle and I are shocked and saddened by the horrific and tragic shooting in Colorado.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WAVY-TV Portsmouth.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
RealityCheck

Rosenberg, TX

#1 Jul 20, 2012
ABC News Brian Ross and George Snuffaluffagus have both fingered the WRONG GUY in the shootings. They JUMPED TO CONCLUSIONS and put out a man's name that had absolutely NOTHING to do with anything and the only reason they did this was to put it out that this man was a member of the TEA Party. This man has now had to leave his home and cut off his phone. If I were him I would summarily SUE ABC NEWS, professionally and Brian and George PERSONALLY and I would OWN them and every MILLION, ZILLION DOLLARS that they have.
That being said.....the SHOOTER was actually an OCCUPY member.....not a TEA party member. And before you jump down my throat.......I AIN'T NO TEA PARTY MEMBER EITEHR. So go somewhere and POUND SAND.
Osama Obama

Greencastle, PA

#2 Jul 20, 2012
I saw that as being rotten also.Never let a tragedy go to waste.
CBOW

Abbottstown, PA

#3 Jul 20, 2012
Ah yes, we can now look forward to another round of gun control propaganda from the likes of Bloomberg. This isn't an issue to spur more gun control, it's an issue for gun rights. At what point in our illustrious history as humans did we become so complacent, comfortable and trusting of other humans? Watch your backs people!!!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#4 Jul 20, 2012
RealityCheck wrote:
ABC News Brian Ross and George Snuffaluffagus have both fingered the WRONG GUY in the shootings. They JUMPED TO CONCLUSIONS and put out a man's name that had absolutely NOTHING to do with anything and the only reason they did this was to put it out that this man was a member of the TEA Party. This man has now had to leave his home and cut off his phone. If I were him I would summarily SUE ABC NEWS, professionally and Brian and George PERSONALLY and I would OWN them and every MILLION, ZILLION DOLLARS that they have.
That being said.....the SHOOTER was actually an OCCUPY member.....not a TEA party member. And before you jump down my throat.......I AIN'T NO TEA PARTY MEMBER EITEHR. So go somewhere and POUND SAND.
He was a personal friend of the attorney general and was stated to run some guns into Mexico.... of course that isn't true but ABC news would report false statements like that.

“Open your eyes”

Since: Sep 09

Central Florida

#6 Jul 20, 2012
How long now before this administration uses this in order to put in Rapidscan body scanners and TSA officials at Movie theaters?

Obama will use this and spin this in a way to benefit himself. He is a disgusting pig and we will use it somehow. Either with another over reach of his executive power or allow the UN to govern all gun sales in the US.
Bringmedinner

San Jose, CA

#7 Jul 20, 2012
Another drug addled atheist "scientist" joker goes berserk. What do people expect with marijuana addled atheist parents taking their 3 month old and six year old children to midnight showings of another Hollywood assault on human morality? If you can't kill them in the womb, kill their brains to get free money after they're diagnosed as autistic. All these crazies might as well be sending postcards to each other saying "Homosexual zombies welcome to eat my face!" A whole culture in self-destruction and hooked on drugs can't see the forest for the trees. All are punished for abandoning God in their and their children's lives.
Osama Obama

Greencastle, PA

#8 Jul 20, 2012
Never let a tragedy go to waste.
Knock off purse seller

Denver, CO

#9 Jul 20, 2012
Sickening.
cjrian

Denver, CO

#10 Jul 20, 2012
It's interesting (in a disgusting so4rt of way) just how quickly the Leftists jumped to t6he conclusion that the Right, embodied by the TEA Party, were somehow, even remotely, connected with this.

Back in the real world, these perps are almost always clinically nuts. Nuts or not,they are associated with the Left (not that there's much difference). This shooter - nuts, but George Stephanopolous claimed (since redacted) that he was a TEA Partier. The Giffords shooter - Nuts, Leftist, but blamed on the TEA Party. Oswald - committed Marxist, blamed on the Right

If anything, the Leftist, deranged, cult of death has fostered more murders than even the atrocious level of random street crime.
Mao - 65 - 80 million dead.
Lenin/Stalin - 40 million dead.
Pol Pot - 2 million dead.
Hitler - 13 million murdered

All Leftists,
All mass murderers

Leftism THINKS that it can create Utopia, by creating He!! on Earth
Talk about confused thinking!
Knock off purse seller

Denver, CO

#11 Jul 20, 2012
The weirdo lived at 1690 Paris St.
cjrian

Denver, CO

#12 Jul 20, 2012
Osama Obama wrote:
Never let a tragedy go to waste.
Sad, wry smile

There are no judgeit's for that commentary

karlVII

Since: Feb 12

Aurora, CO

#13 Jul 20, 2012
cjrian wrote:
It's interesting (in a disgusting so4rt of way) just how quickly the Leftists jumped to t6he conclusion that the Right, embodied by the TEA Party, were somehow, even remotely, connected with this.
Back in the real world, these perps are almost always clinically nuts. Nuts or not,they are associated with the Left (not that there's much difference). This shooter - nuts, but George Stephanopolous claimed (since redacted) that he was a TEA Partier. The Giffords shooter - Nuts, Leftist, but blamed on the TEA Party. Oswald - committed Marxist, blamed on the Right
If anything, the Leftist, deranged, cult of death has fostered more murders than even the atrocious level of random street crime.
Mao - 65 - 80 million dead.
Lenin/Stalin - 40 million dead.
Pol Pot - 2 million dead.
Hitler - 13 million murdered
All Leftists,
All mass murderers
Leftism THINKS that it can create Utopia, by creating He!! on Earth
Talk about confused thinking!
cjrian,

Long time no see...To turn this tragedy political is disgusting be it by ABC or you...To attempt to claim all mass murderers are politically left leaning is completely absurd.

That's like saying Republican Presidents have better job creation histories then Democratic Presidents We ALL know it just isn't so.
Lance Winslow

San Jose, CA

#14 Jul 20, 2012
karlVII wrote:
<quoted text>
cjrian,
Long time no see...To turn this tragedy political is disgusting be it by ABC or you...To attempt to claim all mass murderers are politically left leaning is completely absurd.
That's like saying Republican Presidents have better job creation histories then Democratic Presidents We ALL know it just isn't so.
Way too sensible for this forum.
Knock off purse seller

Denver, CO

#15 Jul 20, 2012
apartment 10 I forgot to say.

“Make America Great Again”

Since: Jun 07

Bring Obama Back!

#16 Jul 20, 2012
It is sad, sickening and disgusting to see this right-wing bastard kill so many innocent people, but it was get to see a real leader (President Obama) set the tone early this morning when he came out with such a strong and unifying statement…
frank

Oakland, CA

#17 Jul 20, 2012
For all the dysfunction in our political system, a healthy pattern usually takes hold when a terrible tragedy seizes the nation’s attention.
Normally, we engage in a searching conversation over what rational steps can be taken by individuals, communities and various levels of government to make the recurrence of a comparable tragedy less likely. Sometimes we act, sometimes we don’t, but at least we explore sensible solutions.
Unless the tragedy involves guns. Then our whole public reasoning process goes haywire. Anyone who dares to say that an event such as the massacre at a Colorado movie theater early Friday morning demands that we rethink our approach to the regulation of firearms is accused of “exploiting” the deaths of innocent people.
This is part of the gun lobby’s rote response, and the rest of us allow it to work every time. Their goal is to block any conversation about how our nation’s gun laws, the most permissive in the industrialized world, increase the likelihood of mass killings of this sort.
Osama Obama

Greencastle, PA

#18 Jul 20, 2012
cjrian wrote:
<quoted text>
Sad, wry smile
There are no judgeit's for that commentary
I was simply reminding of Rham Emanuels quote so the anti gun nuts will use this to make a case.By the way tou can GFY judge that!
cjrian

Denver, CO

#19 Jul 20, 2012
karlVII wrote:
cjrian,
Long time no see...To turn this tragedy political is disgusting be it by ABC or you...To attempt to claim all mass murderers are politically left leaning is completely absurd.
That's like saying Republican Presidents have better job creation histories then Democratic Presidents We ALL know it just isn't so.
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that all nutjobs are Leftists
Most are plain ole fruitcakes!

But it seems, of late, that every time there is an instance like this, nearly the FIRST thing spewing from the Leftist media are false connections to the Right, even though the Right has rarely, if ever, been associated with events of this type.

It took but MINUTES for the media to attempt to connect this nutjob to the TEA Party, the same as they did after the Giffords shooting.

The major problem (besides mental illness) is that the Right believes in letting people live their own lives, which requires ZERO force. The Left, though, needs force to impose unwanted Statism upon others. "I'm NOT going to take your earnings" requires - WHAT? Versus - the force required to take 1/10th, 1/3, 1/2, or 9/10ths of ones earnings.

Back to the original thought, though - the Leftist Media IMMEDIATELY blamed the Right for this, and prior, tragedies.
This was pitiful politicization of a tragedy.
Renouncing this as the work of someone mentally ill was not.
cjrian

Denver, CO

#20 Jul 20, 2012
frank wrote:
For all the dysfunction in our political system, a healthy pattern usually takes hold when a terrible tragedy seizes the nation’s attention.
Normally, we engage in a searching conversation over what rational steps can be taken by individuals, communities and various levels of government to make the recurrence of a comparable tragedy less likely. Sometimes we act, sometimes we don’t, but at least we explore sensible solutions.
Unless the tragedy involves guns. Then our whole public reasoning process goes haywire. Anyone who dares to say that an event such as the massacre at a Colorado movie theater early Friday morning demands that we rethink our approach to the regulation of firearms is accused of “exploiting” the deaths of innocent people.
This is part of the gun lobby’s rote response, and the rest of us allow it to work every time. Their goal is to block any conversation about how our nation’s gun laws, the most permissive in the industrialized world, increase the likelihood of mass killings of this sort.
Yes, let's rethink gun laws

In light of this tragedy, if even one or two others had been armed, they could have taken out this scumbag after he'd fired off a few rounds, and would have saved dozens, literally.

Had there been one or more people, even unarmed, willing to go after this scumbag, instead of running or cowering under the seats, they could have terminated his X rated death dreams early.

So this nut had body armor? Big deal!
The impact of a slug doesn't create a hole and messy sludge, but a contained sludge.
Six rounds from even a .22 (much less two rounds from anything larger) would have knocked him for a loop, creating the chance to take him down

I must ask, where were any people REALLY concerned about saving human lives? Why did nobody shoot him? Why did nobody tackle his azz? I DO understand the fear factor, but if one is hiding while he loops up and back, shooting all the survivors, then there are NO survivors. Stupid would be to confront him head on. But after he passes by? Take him out!

Go with the odds.
There may be a 50 - 80% chance of death trying to subdue this nut, but there is a 100% chance of death in waiting for him to return, finishing the job. And in the meantime - others died. Bravery is not stupid, but involves calculated risk.
Lowglow

Warrensburg, MO

#21 Jul 20, 2012
Karl,

Not to be political but historically it is the truth that 99% of all mass murders are leftist, sorry you don't want to hear this, but it's the truth.
karlVII wrote:
<quoted text>
cjrian,
Long time no see...To turn this tragedy political is disgusting be it by ABC or you...To attempt to claim all mass murderers are politically left leaning is completely absurd.
That's like saying Republican Presidents have better job creation histories then Democratic Presidents We ALL know it just isn't so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Representative Mike Coffman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Under fire, Republicans try to keep town halls ... Apr 14 Blue America 37
News Lawmakers try to keep town halls from getting o... Apr 14 Death on 2 Legs 1
News Republican leaders struggle to find votes to up... (Oct '15) Apr 7 RINO Surrender 13
News GOP Factions Fall in Line for Ryan (Oct '15) Mar 29 Fire 10
News Koch network refusing to help Trump (Jul '16) Feb '17 Old Republican 80
News Elway Shoots down Run for Office in Colorado Jan '17 Evilgelicalling 3
News Labor unions cast Boehner as villain (Dec '12) Nov '16 Trumps Tariffs 5
More from around the web