One Nation Under What?

One Nation Under What?

There are 89 comments on the WUSA Washington, DC story from Oct 11, 2007, titled One Nation Under What?. In it, WUSA Washington, DC reports that:

WASHINGTON, DC -- As Congress debates the future of American involvement in Iraq, the No Child Left Behind education policy, and what to do to provide health insurance to America's low-income children, a new ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WUSA Washington, DC.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Bonnie

San Francisco, CA

#1 Oct 11, 2007
I hope Frank Wolf is correct and it goes back to the it always has been. "God and
country'. My dad, grandfather, uncle also served in World War II. As an American
we need to stand up for ourselves. I'm so sick of tired of people jamming down our
throats - we have to be politcally correct - I'd rather be politcally incorrect.
Teach

Purgitsville, WV

#2 Oct 11, 2007
They can try to delete all references to God anywhere and everywhere but they can't delete God. Recall the bunch of them. Who do they think they are!!
Carrie Wojtyna

Fairfax, VA

#3 Oct 11, 2007
Once we delete God, our country, as we know it, is doomed. Our COuntry was founded on Godly principles and as anyone can see, it is not the country our parents knew - fear, crime, identity theft, etc. I am disappointed in our elected leaders that feel that God has no place in our lives.
UMH

United States

#4 Oct 11, 2007
the way some of our elected officials are acting they all need God............why would you delete God....I give up america we are loosing it
Barb

Washington, DC

#5 Oct 11, 2007
What's next? The Constitution? People in this country have to learn to understand that this nation was founded by people who believe in God, and to request that that fundamental belief being changed on literally everything these days has to be stopped. Our country's basic principles are being attacked and no one wants to do anything for fear of being intolerant. Why is it only those who believe in God have to be the "tolerant" ones?
Barbie-New Carrollton MD

Washington, DC

#6 Oct 11, 2007
Our country was founded on Freedom of Religion; there are too many instances where religion is being stepped on or tried to be erased. What's next, no more "In God We Trust" on our money? Freedom of Religion allows nonbelievers to look the other way if they don't agree; they should not have the right to force the name of God & any religious principles to be eradicated. God is in every religion no matter what He is called so all believers may embrace Him.
Just Wondering

Annapolis, MD

#7 Oct 11, 2007
If you guys had read the story correctly, you would have seen "dictated by the outgoing Architect of the Capitol". Who is that jerk? The politicians are guilty of enough stuff, but they didn't do this one.
AntiFlag

Cincinnati, OH

#8 Oct 11, 2007
You people must have flunked history.

The US was founded on the constitution. It guarantees freedom from having someone else's religion crammed down your throat.

You'd have made excellent Nazis.
Concerned

Fort Collins, CO

#9 Oct 11, 2007
The US & Constitution were founded on the principles of the Bible - The Word of God! When you minus God out, you can expect chaos and utter destruction. Look, God has been minused out of the school house - and look - chaos. We are living in a day in time when people call right wrong and wrong right. Look we have laws that are trying to be enacted, that if you speak against homosexuality as the Bible does, it is called hate speech. We need the Lord Jesus and we need Him now! We need Him in everything.
A Jeannette Breighner

Hagerstown, MD

#10 Oct 11, 2007
We have bent over so far backward not to hurt anyone's feelings, that the feelings of the true American has been ignored. It's time we take back our country and make God as important to the majority as He was to the founders of our nation. We don't dispute any person's right to call their on supreme being, and I refuse to give up my God for any of them.
valerie benson

Warrenville, IL

#11 Oct 11, 2007
WITHOUT GOD WE ARE NOTHING......Have we become an atheist country ? We became a great nation because we were a spiritually aware people. We will be DOOMED as a nation if we delete GOD from our oaths. You might as well say that the devil has won and that perhaps it might be too late for this nation ? Since the President sees nothing wrong with torturing people and spying on people may I ask does the guy in the oval office really believe in GOD or is he giving lip service but secretly is not a believer? They say ACTIONS speak louder than words. I think the US will lose its greatness and spiritual protection if congress removes the sacredness of IN GOD WE TRUST it will be the end of this country.
AntiFlag

Cincinnati, OH

#12 Oct 11, 2007
Concerned wrote:
The US & Constitution were founded on the principles of the Bible - The Word of God! When you minus God out, you can expect chaos and utter destruction. Look, God has been minused out of the school house - and look - chaos. We are living in a day in time when people call right wrong and wrong right. Look we have laws that are trying to be enacted, that if you speak against homosexuality as the Bible does, it is called hate speech. We need the Lord Jesus and we need Him now! We need Him in everything.
Not even close.

The US & Constitution were NOT founded on the principles of the Bible. Where did you get this drivel? Jimmy Swaggert tell you that?

The constitution was based on English common law, which goes back to the Magna Carta. The founders were wise enough to separate church and state.

Even primitive societies have similar laws.

Bible the word of God? I doubt it. I've read it. If it's the word of God we don't need a Devil.

While are you bible thumpers always so stupid...
AntiFlag

Cincinnati, OH

#13 Oct 11, 2007
A Jeannette Breighner wrote:
We have bent over so far backward not to hurt anyone's feelings, that the feelings of the true American has been ignored. It's time we take back our country and make God as important to the majority as He was to the founders of our nation. We don't dispute any person's right to call their on supreme being, and I refuse to give up my God for any of them.
How 'bout we keep church and state separate, like the constitution mandates?
Helena

Arlington, VA

#14 Oct 11, 2007
Our nation was built on religious beliefs. Who are we to change and remove God from what the basis of all of our foundations. America needs to wake up before God remove us from Him.
AntiFlag

Cincinnati, OH

#15 Oct 11, 2007
Helena wrote:
Our nation was built on religious beliefs. Who are we to change and remove God from what the basis of all of our foundations. America needs to wake up before God remove us from Him.
Why are you bible-worshippers SO stupid?

You don't know history and haven't even READ the bible.
Faith and Grace

Fairfax, VA

#16 Oct 11, 2007
Have grace to those that want to take God out of everything for they do not understand. Also, let's not give them any clout by responding to them. If those that are lost want "God" removed from our country then they can always leave, for God is our Foundation. God Bless You All!
Kaelinda

United States

#17 Oct 11, 2007
Who is this "Architect of the Capitol" and why does he have any say whatsoever about the certificates presented with flags?
American

Mount Vernon, MO

#18 Oct 11, 2007
AntiFlag wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you bible-worshippers SO stupid?
You don't know history and haven't even READ the bible.
19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed [it] unto them.
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made,[even] his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified [him] not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
AntiFlag

Cincinnati, OH

#19 Oct 11, 2007
Even Jesus said to keep religion out of government.

17Tell us therefore, What thinkest thou? Is it lawful to give tribute unto Caesar, or not?

18But Jesus perceived their wickedness, and said, Why tempt ye me, ye hypocrites?

Matthew 22:

19Shew me the tribute money. And they brought unto him a penny.

20And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription?

21They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.

22When they had heard these words, they marvelled, and left him, and went their way.
Get me a Flag

Temple Hills, MD

#20 Oct 11, 2007
If you all would do your research you would find out that the Architect of the Capitol has gone to his Congressional Oversight Committees and had this years old guideline changed. AS OF TODAY!
We are a country that was founded on religious principles if not beliefs, to say we weren't is being short sighted as an American.
Please let us all pretend to remember that Religious freedoms are part of our founding and that research on who governs whom (Oversight Committes) are actually responsible for inappropriate decisions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Turner Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "You should reject these voices" (May '13) Dec '15 ShouldWeStillReje... 15
News After Iran nuke deal, another country shows new... (Oct '15) Oct '15 LeDuped 2
News Lawmaker says UAE claims right to nuclear enric... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Christsharian Law 1
News Republicans take aim at U.S. Ebola response as ... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Le Duped 5
News Lawmaker slams Obama for his narrow response in... (Aug '14) Aug '14 he is right 1
News North Korea says it is holding an American tourist (Jun '14) Jul '14 Kim Chi Un 29
News IRS chief beats back Republican barrage (Jun '14) Jun '14 straw grasping te... 1
More from around the web