Closing Fannie, Freddie could boost mortgage rates

Aug 7, 2013 Full story: Yahoo! 49

Homebuyers could feel the pinch if Congress follows through on plans to shut down Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the government-controlled mortgage guarantee giants that were rescued by a $187 billion taxpayer bailout during the financial crisis.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Dow hit 18,000 first time ever”

Since: Jun 07

Obama economics at work.

#44 Aug 8, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>I matriculated at USMCRD,Parris Island,S.C. I remember the sand fleas and land crabs THERE. But I NEVER saw a single SAND flea at Pendleton where I spent 6 years. I saw your normal dog/cat/critter fleas but no sand fleas.
The Stolen Valor act was passed to keep scum like Pattycake from playing Jarhead. Unfortunately some jizz drinking liberal Judge said it was unconstitutional. I understand Pattycake got dressed in her Blues,skirt and all and joined the gay parade championing their "right" to play dress up/make believe soldier......
One of the side benefits of my military service is knowing that it drives unpatriotic right-wing nuts like you crazy. You tea-bagging right-wingers are the biggest cowards; you didn’t have the guts to serve this nation like I did and you wouldn’t have the guts to question my service to my face.
Anyone who has ever come on here and shared their boot camp and fleet experiences with me has never had a problem with my stories that are easily verified. Only you unpatriotic right-wing losers look to be the internet badass and try and find something to challenge me with since you can’t compete in the arena of political ideas and information. You spend more time salivating over me than you do expressing an opinion. I wish there was a law that made it mandatory for unpatriotic right-wingers to face the person whose military service they are questioning.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#45 Aug 8, 2013
chisholm wrote:
<quoted text>You continue this phony defense of Bush and at the same time, reveal your utter ignorance of the causes of the recession.

You shout that Bush had nothing to do with the recession, but insist that Clinton somehow had something to do with the dot-com bubble, obviously an absurdity.

All California pension packages are dot.com -based? That's more wild nonsense you can't possibly document.

Hilarious describes your understanding of financial and political reality.
You continue the debunked Bush did it defense of Obama's stupidity.

Paris

#46 Aug 8, 2013
swedenforever wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong..'07 was beginning of the NeoCON Great Recession, So Dubya increased homeownership by subsidizing the down payments for low income families in 2003..he had Congress at that point, HUD Secretary Alphonso Jackson was a crony that didnt have a clue-Paulson was appointed a year before the recession and forced a bailout on commercial lenders

You dont have a clue-the GOP Congress knew this was coming-now you're saying they couldnt stop it with 2 branches of Govt until '06-thats a bunch of crap-this was crooked CON game and a big accounting rip off-only in America
Sorry pookie, you can't say Bush did something in 03 to cause something in 07. Try again

Paris

#47 Aug 8, 2013
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>lafraud is one of the best examples of how conservatism has deteriorated into a joke. He's played a big part in ruining it for real conservatives. You're wasting your time on the okie cementhead.
True you can't prove me wrong and all you do is hurl childish insults

Paris

#48 Aug 8, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>One of the side benefits of my military service is knowing that it drives unpatriotic right-wing nuts like you crazy. You tea-bagging right-wingers are the biggest cowards; you didnÂ’t have the guts to serve this nation like I did and you wouldnÂ’t have the guts to question my service to my face.
Anyone who has ever come on here and shared their boot camp and fleet experiences with me has never had a problem with my stories that are easily verified. Only you unpatriotic right-wing losers look to be the internet badass and try and find something to challenge me with since you canÂ’t compete in the arena of political ideas and information. You spend more time salivating over me than you do expressing an opinion. I wish there was a law that made it mandatory for unpatriotic right-wingers to face the person whose military service they are questioning.
They didn't have don't ask back them pattie poo. You couldn't pull KP much less pass basic as a marine.........unless you cross dressed as A Wave.
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

#49 Aug 8, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're proved wrong and a spammer daily. You're a real conservatives nightmare.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#50 Aug 8, 2013
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
lafraud is one of the best examples of how conservatism has deteriorated into a joke. He's played a big part in ruining it for real conservatives. You're wasting your time on the okie cementhead.
Indeed when corruption happens while they had a majority for six years, its the house MINORITY'S fault..We progressives can control the govt while in the minority? Wow

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#56 Aug 9, 2013
swedenforever wrote:
<quoted text> Indeed when corruption happens while they had a majority for six years, its the house MINORITY'S fault..We progressives can control the govt while in the minority? Wow
I like you Swedenforever, RepubliCON majority 2000-2006..Darn those pesky facts!
Sebrina Wintringham

Crownsville, MD

#63 Sep 2, 2013
the best fr ee online dating website! video chat, send and receive messages, and flirts all free!! check it out! http://tinyurl.com/k3a3jop

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Capuano Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Faust Letter to Mass. Representatives Cautions ... Jan 20 wild child 1
Barney Frank Challenges GOP's 'Too Big to Fail'... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Suzanne Lunt 1
Future homebuyers could feel the pinch from pla... (Aug '13) Sep '13 fingiswold 36
Coakley addresses top issues during visit - Sen... (Dec '09) Mar '13 Lynch 33
Beware of 'fiscal cliff' pessimism (Dec '12) Dec '12 truman 83
Massachusetts: Long Line for Special Senate Ele... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Pull My Finger 5
John Kerry next Sec. of State? (Dec '12) Dec '12 tha Professor 9
More from around the web