Coakley, Brown to face off in Senate ...

Coakley, Brown to face off in Senate race - Sentinel & Enterprise

There are 278 comments on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from Dec 8, 2009, titled Coakley, Brown to face off in Senate race - Sentinel & Enterprise. In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

The relatively quiet campaign to fill the late Edward M. Kennedy's Senate seat was matched by equally light turnout Tuesday as voters picked two state politicians to face off in next month's general election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Lunenburg

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#1 Dec 9, 2009
Go Scott!!! Sick of giving your hard earned money to illegals and lay-abouts?? Vote for Scott Brown!!!
Taxed2Death

Concord, MA

#3 Dec 9, 2009
Will some of the people in this state get their heads out of the sand and LOOK where the liberal polices of the hand-out artists in the democrat party have brought us? We need someone to represent ALL the CITZENS of this state, not just the residents who are on the dole. Time to take care of the poor sap who pays the bills for the rest. VOTE BROWN

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#4 Dec 9, 2009
Massachusetts voters have an opportunity to make a statement to our legislators by voting for Scott Brown. Isn't it time that Massachusetts voters get representation that we deserve? Mr. Brown has my vote.
Misfortune Teller

Princeton, MA

#5 Dec 9, 2009
Unfortunately.....The BEST MAN wont win this one

Too many stooopid people vote in this state and just look for the "D"
Todays headlines

Windham, NH

#6 Dec 9, 2009
Americans Grow More Pessimistic on Economy, Nationís Direction

But Ma will still send another communist to Washington
South Street Johnny

Roslindale, MA

#7 Dec 9, 2009
Not to be pedantic but it is not Ted Kennedyís seat. It is a race to fill the vacated Massachusetts Senate seat due to the passing of Ted Kennedy who was elected to the Senate the past 40 years
pos

AOL

#8 Dec 9, 2009
my vote goes to Brown,,, way i see it, the last 3 speakers of the house have all been indicted for corrupt, all Dems,, then there's that Dem senator Wilkenson, or whatever her name is,,, another indicted for corrupt. It's time ,,, way beyond time for the ruling class to get ousted. I'm not saying any GOP would be better,,,, but i am saying they can't be worse.
DtoR

Braintree, MA

#9 Dec 9, 2009
For the first time in my life, I will be voting Republican!

Lunenburg

Location hidden

#10 Dec 9, 2009
I have seen MANY Scott Brown signs in Acton and they are just one left-winger away from being Cambridge so perhaps there is hope.
Jim

Fitchburg, MA

#11 Dec 9, 2009
I will probably vote Republican this time as well, the Democrats were unable to field a candidate that I could vote for, and I am tired of hearing them all say they would further Kennedy's agenda.

he is partly to blame why the middle class and massachusetts is in such terrible condition, so the last thing we need is a continuation of his agenda
Well then

Fitchburg, MA

#12 Dec 9, 2009
Taxed2Death wrote:
Will some of the people in this state get their heads out of the sand and LOOK where the liberal polices of the hand-out artists in the democrat party have brought us? We need someone to represent ALL the CITZENS of this state, not just the residents who are on the dole. Time to take care of the poor sap who pays the bills for the rest. VOTE BROWN
MA figures about right in the middle (23) for State Tax burden so, you've got plenty places to go.

http://www.retirementliving.com/tax_burden_20...
Fair and Balanced

Leominster, MA

#13 Dec 9, 2009
As always, a strangely slanted article by the Associated Press, that includes the following ...

'Brown is a veteran legislator and lieutenant colonel in the Army National Guard who's also gained local notoriety as a former Cosmopolitan centerfold model and the father of an "American Idol" contestant.'

Where is the same type of paragraph regarding Ms. Coakley? Here, let me help ...

Coakley, a lifelong lawyer and current Massachusetts Attorney General who's also gained notoriety for refusal to investigate Boston Mayor Menino for destruction of public records and for several conflicts of interest with her office and the states district attorneys and who's noted as not being just Pro-Choice, but Pro-Abortion.
Misfortune Teller

Princeton, MA

#14 Dec 9, 2009
Fair and Balanced wrote:
As always, a strangely slanted article by the Associated Press, that includes the following ...
'Brown is a veteran legislator and lieutenant colonel in the Army National Guard who's also gained local notoriety as a former Cosmopolitan centerfold model and the father of an "American Idol" contestant.'
Where is the same type of paragraph regarding Ms. Coakley? Here, let me help ...
Coakley, a lifelong lawyer and current Massachusetts Attorney General who's also gained notoriety for refusal to investigate Boston Mayor Menino for destruction of public records and for several conflicts of interest with her office and the states district attorneys and who's noted as not being just Pro-Choice, but Pro-Abortion.
and destroying the sanctity of Marriage,
Brokering deals to keep pedophiles out of prisons and keeping them on the street.
Prosecuting lending companies (that dont contribute to her PAC)

SHE SOUNDS SO PERFECT
angry citizen

Leominster, MA

#15 Dec 9, 2009
It's time to bring change to the Democrat Kingdom of Massachusetts.
How many did their Christmas shopping in New Hampshire this year? How many frequent the N.H. Liquor stores in order to drown their sorrows about living in this state? How much does a pkg of cigarettes cost today and when is the next gas tax hike coming? We complain at least once a week about this ripoff state and yet we are blind and drinking the Big "D" kool-aid at every election. Even a Boston reporter (Andy Hiller) said the other night that the election turnout was so small because the voters know that no one in Washington wants to hear anything from Massachusetts politicians anymore. Can you say irrellevant? Thats what we've become.
Wake up! Lets return to the checks and balances we need to confront this fraudulent State and lets pray that the Federal government can still be saved before we have to drive to Canada or Mexico to shop.
Vote for Scvott Brown and breathe a little fresh air again.
I say

Fitchburg, MA

#16 Dec 10, 2009
"said the other night that the election turnout was so small because the voters know that no one in Washington wants to hear anything from Massachusetts politicians anymore."

That's quite a stretch AC. Election turnout was low because Primaries are always low AND never (or almost never) is there a special one in Dec.

"Election turnout IN MA was low because nobody in Washington wants to hear from MA"?

I guess that's Republican logic.
I say

Fitchburg, MA

#17 Dec 10, 2009
Misfortune Teller wrote:
<quoted text>
and destroying the sanctity of Marriage,
Just what is that sanctity thing? Is that the 50% or below success rate among heterosexual Marriages?

Tell me how Same Sex Marriage here in MA has caused anything at all bad to happen.
whatever

Windham, NH

#18 Dec 10, 2009
DtoR wrote:
For the first time in my life, I will be voting Republican!
......as many of us will :)
Disgusted

Somerville, MA

#19 Dec 10, 2009
For the first time in my Massachusetts life, I'm going Republican. I'm sick of the same old, same old. I'm really concerned about the course this country is on. People of Massachusetts, lets think this time before we vote for more of the same.
Middle Class

Leominster, MA

#20 Dec 10, 2009
Disgusted wrote:
For the first time in my Massachusetts life, I'm going Republican. I'm sick of the same old, same old. I'm really concerned about the course this country is on. People of Massachusetts, lets think this time before we vote for more of the same.
Pining away for a little more of that old Bush magic, eh?

Lunenburg

Location hidden

#21 Dec 10, 2009
Middle Class wrote:
<quoted text>
Pining away for a little more of that old Bush magic, eh?
Bush was no Conservative, he spent like a drunken sailor. His compassionate conservative line was pathetic, what happened to shock and awe?? Who was he trying to shock...the Republican base? It took Obama only months to double the debt Bush racked up...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Capuano Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Two House Dems say it's time to dump Pelosi (Apr '15) Apr '15 Teddy 8
News Pittsfield mayor encouraged by Baker efforts fo... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Praxis33 6
News Faust Letter to Mass. Representatives Cautions ... (Jan '15) Jan '15 wild child 1
News Barney Frank Challenges GOP's 'Too Big to Fail'... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Suzanne Lunt 1
News Future homebuyers could feel the pinch from pla... (Aug '13) Sep '13 fingiswold 36
News Closing Fannie, Freddie could boost mortgage rates (Aug '13) Sep '13 Sebrina Wintringham 49
News Coakley addresses top issues during visit - Sen... (Dec '09) Mar '13 Lynch 33
More from around the web