Mass. GOP targeting U.S. House

Mass. GOP targeting U.S. House

There are 15 comments on the North Adams Transcript story from May 16, 2010, titled Mass. GOP targeting U.S. House. In it, North Adams Transcript reports that:

In the Republican fight to regain the U.S. House this election cycle, even historically liberal Massachusetts is a battleground, and even in one of its most liberal counties, the Berkshires, GOP supporters are feeling more confident.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North Adams Transcript.

ObamaFailuresCon tinue

Portsmouth, VA

#1 May 17, 2010
"We wasted 12 months on health care when we should have been focusing on creating private sector jobs," Golnick said.

Actually the Democrats wasted more than 12-months - they wasted billions of dollars to create an entitlement for fat and lazy people.
Mean Streets of NAdams

Concord, MA

#2 May 17, 2010
ObamaFailuresContinue wrote:
"We wasted 12 months on health care when we should have been focusing on creating private sector jobs," Golnick said.
Actually the Democrats wasted more than 12-months - they wasted billions of dollars to create an entitlement for fat and lazy people.
Hey Portsmouth - I hope that aren't collecting or every planning to collect social security or medicaid. Those are dirty, commie, social programs set up by libruhl democrats like FDR. So, make sure to say "No, thank you! I'll take care of myself (or die off) before I take a gubermint handout". Or do you, like many teabaggers, think you 'deserve' SS?
Teacher

Troy, NY

#3 May 17, 2010
Mean Streets of NAdams wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Portsmouth - I hope that aren't collecting or every planning to collect social security or medicaid. Those are dirty,****, social programs set up by libruhl democrats like FDR. So, make sure to say "No, thank you! I'll take care of myself (or die off) before I take a gubermint handout". Or do you, like many teabaggers, think you 'deserve' SS?
I don't this posting. What?
ObamaFailuresCon tinue

Portsmouth, VA

#4 May 19, 2010
<quoted text>
Hey Portsmouth - I hope that aren't collecting or every planning to collect social security or medicaid. Those are dirty,****, social programs set up by libruhl democrats like FDR. So, make sure to say "No, thank you! I'll take care of myself (or die off) before I take a gubermint handout". Or do you, like many teabaggers, think you 'deserve' SS?
Typical Masshole response. Go have another beer like your Kennedy friend getting another DUI. You defend government handouts yet do not have the intelligence to discuss - are you a Section 8 lazy fat Wanker?
Mean Streets of NAdams

Queensbury, NY

#5 May 19, 2010
<quoted text>Typical Masshole response. Go have another beer like your Kennedy friend getting another DUI. You defend government handouts yet do not have the intelligence to discuss - are you a Section 8 lazy fat Wanker?
Here, let me ask you again. Do you think that you deserve Social Security and Medicare? If you do, you support entitlement programs, right? So, if you want to 'discuss', please answer. Or are you just another raging teabagger reading talking points that someone handed to you?

As for me, I've never got a dime from the government. Always been employed, pay my taxes, my health insurance, my mortgage, etc, etc. But don't let that stop you from assuming that anyone that takes issue with Teabagger idiocy is a section 8er (I know it's easier for you that way).
ObamaFailuresCon tinue

Portsmouth, VA

#6 May 19, 2010
<quoted text>
As for me, I've never got a dime from the government.
So you have never used state, county or Interstate Highways? You returned your stimulus check a couple of years ago? Be serious. If you have (which you have) then you have used and received government money. You do understand that there is a huge difference between an entitlement and a benefit correct? I am not old enough to collect Social Security or Medicare, so the answer to your question would be no. But the fact of the matter is those programs have gone on to bankrupt this country and adding the healthcare entitlement to that is callous. I do not mind paying for retired military helathcare plans because that is a benefit. Do you see the difference?
go Obama yourself

Williamstown, MA

#7 May 19, 2010
<quoted text>So you have never used state, county or Interstate Highways? You returned your stimulus check a couple of years ago? Be serious. If you have (which you have) then you have used and received government money. You do understand that there is a huge difference between an entitlement and a benefit correct? I am not old enough to collect Social Security or Medicare, so the answer to your question would be no. But the fact of the matter is those programs have gone on to bankrupt this country and adding the healthcare entitlement to that is callous. I do not mind paying for retired military helathcare plans because that is a benefit. Do you see the difference?
Don't even waste your time responding to "Mean Streets" time and again he/she has proven to be a HARDCORE IGNORAMUS!
ObamaFailuresCon tinue

Portsmouth, VA

#8 May 19, 2010
go Obama yourself wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't even waste your time responding to "Mean Streets" time and again he/she has proven to be a HARDCORE IGNORAMUS!
No problem - I like to refute Liars like Mean Streets.
update

Spring Hill, FL

#9 May 19, 2010
Newly elected Senator Scott Brown has been seen on the Senate floor picking his nose and scratching his nuts.
Not good representation for a freshman Senator.
go Obama yourself

Williamstown, MA

#10 May 19, 2010
<quoted text>No problem - I like to refute Liars like Mean Streets.
Well then- carry on by ALL means!! Refuting lairs is fun sometimes.
Mean Streets of NAdams

Queensbury, NY

#11 May 19, 2010
<quoted text>So you have never used state, county or Interstate Highways? You returned your stimulus check a couple of years ago? Be serious. If you have (which you have) then you have used and received government money. You do understand that there is a huge difference between an entitlement and a benefit correct? I am not old enough to collect Social Security or Medicare, so the answer to your question would be no. But the fact of the matter is those programs have gone on to bankrupt this country and adding the healthcare entitlement to that is callous. I do not mind paying for retired military helathcare plans because that is a benefit. Do you see the difference?
Now that you similarly named 'baggers have finished your high-five reach arounds, allow me to answer.

Firstly, we were talking about entitlements. If you throw in things that all citizens use - like roads and national defense - then I'll warrant that the amount I've paid in taxes over the years far, far exceeds the 1 in 300,000,000+ of the benefits that US citizens enjoy. Heck, my property tax alone is over $9k a year. So, in that case, I haven't taken a dime from the government.

Second, maybe you should look up what entitlements are and aren't. In brief, they are 'benefits' that citizens simply by being citizens. This so-called 'healthcare entitlement' isn't a drop in the bucket compared to SS and Medicare. Which, oddly enough, are 2 entitlement programs that the tea party types are actually in favor of.
ObamaFailuresCon tinue

Portsmouth, VA

#12 May 20, 2010
<quoted text>
Now that you similarly named 'baggers have finished your high-five reach arounds, allow me to answer.
Firstly, we were talking about entitlements. If you throw in things that all citizens use - like roads and national defense - then I'll warrant that the amount I've paid in taxes over the years far, far exceeds the 1 in 300,000,000+ of the benefits that US citizens enjoy. Heck, my property tax alone is over $9k a year. So, in that case, I haven't taken a dime from the government.
Second, maybe you should look up what entitlements are and aren't. In brief, they are 'benefits' that citizens simply by being citizens. This so-called 'healthcare entitlement' isn't a drop in the bucket compared to SS and Medicare. Which, oddly enough, are 2 entitlement programs that the tea party types are actually in favor of.
It usually helps to make a point when you discuss or say something. Your wayward rant merely typifies your extreme hypocritical nature and I will attempt to clarify your ramblings. You pay enough taxes to cover down for all the other Liberal supporters because you pay over $9K in property taxes. Now do you see why people look upon you like that homeless person that stops people in the street and ask for money - we IGNORE you and hope you just go away. Thus your rants and ramblings similar to a homeless bum.
Mean Streets of NAdams

Queensbury, NY

#13 May 20, 2010
<quoted text>It usually helps to make a point when you discuss or say something. Your wayward rant merely typifies your extreme hypocritical nature and I will attempt to clarify your ramblings. You pay enough taxes to cover down for all the other Liberal supporters because you pay over $9K in property taxes. Now do you see why people look upon you like that homeless person that stops people in the street and ask for money - we IGNORE you and hope you just go away. Thus your rants and ramblings similar to a homeless bum.
Speaking of making a point (or at least making some sense)...

So, your 'clarification' of my 'rantings' is this: I pay a far larger share of the tax burden that the average person, so I am looked on as a homeless bum asking for money? Wow. Just wow. That's the best you could do? It's not worth the effort...
ObamaFailuresCon tinue

Portsmouth, VA

#14 May 20, 2010
<quoted text>
Speaking of making a point (or at least making some sense)...
So, your 'clarification' of my 'rantings' is this: I pay a far larger share of the tax burden that the average person, so I am looked on as a homeless bum asking for money? Wow. Just wow. That's the best you could do? It's not worth the effort...
OK then you can stop. My point wizzed right over your head. Your rantings make you come across as a homeless crazy person.

“The enemy is in our camp.”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#15 May 20, 2010
update wrote:
Newly elected Senator Scott Brown has been seen on the Senate floor picking his nose and scratching his nuts.
Not good representation for a freshman Senator.
You do watch for the strangest things. I suppose you never picked your nose...never "adjusted yourself"...perhaps you came from another planet, like Mexico.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Capuano Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Two House Dems say it's time to dump Pelosi Apr '15 Teddy 8
News Pittsfield mayor encouraged by Baker efforts fo... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Praxis33 6
News Faust Letter to Mass. Representatives Cautions ... (Jan '15) Jan '15 wild child 1
News Barney Frank Challenges GOP's 'Too Big to Fail'... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Suzanne Lunt 1
News Future homebuyers could feel the pinch from pla... (Aug '13) Sep '13 fingiswold 36
News Closing Fannie, Freddie could boost mortgage rates (Aug '13) Sep '13 Sebrina Wintringham 49
News Coakley addresses top issues during visit - Sen... (Dec '09) Mar '13 Lynch 33
More from around the web