Mass. AG First to Seek Kennedy's Seat

Mass. AG First to Seek Kennedy's Seat

There are 37 comments on the Fox Philadelphia story from Sep 1, 2009, titled Mass. AG First to Seek Kennedy's Seat. In it, Fox Philadelphia reports that:

Massachusetts Attorney General Martha Coakley appears to be the first candidate in a special election for the Senate seat left open by the death of Edward Kennedy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox Philadelphia.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Annie

Porter, TX

#1 Sep 1, 2009
test
Alms

United States

#2 Sep 1, 2009
Joe Jr. thinks he's got the inside track.

Hope she wins.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#3 Sep 1, 2009
Very well educated and attractive, bound to be an improvement. I wonder who else will cast their nets into the voter pool.

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Kansas City, KS

#4 Sep 1, 2009
No Mo kennedys please.

“"I'm A Great American!"”

Since: Sep 08

Obama Nation! USA! USA!

#5 Sep 1, 2009
So many good Democrats to choose from.
Dorian

North Weymouth, MA

#6 Sep 1, 2009
PooPoo Platter wrote:
So many good Democrats to choose from.
yes, there are poopoo! Martha is quite the opportunist...always at the ready..she is shrewd...politically motivated, not very liked....But she will run!

I would like to see Joe K, take the interim seat, and Vicki.. run in the election. lol this info should get the Kennedy haters in a snit!
William Esposito

AOL

#9 Sep 1, 2009
It really doesn't matter who enters the race in Massachusetts; the winner will be a very liberal Democrat in the mold of Obama every time. No serious Republican would waste their time running when there is no prospect (13% party registration)of winning in that blue State.
CHECK SIX

North Port, FL

#10 Sep 2, 2009
I nominate Barny Frank!! Why not??he is LOONY enough...he along With Franken,will set a new trend in that illustrious body of great ,thinking ,serous,men...with less emphases on men!......YUCK!!
We the people

West Springfield, MA

#11 Sep 2, 2009
I Know I Won't Vote Democrat Good Luck on This One Lib's The Country is so pissed at the dem's right now it's your vote to lose a republican in Office now would not look good now in a blue state let the people DECIDE.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#12 Sep 2, 2009
We the people wrote:
I Know I Won't Vote Democrat Good Luck on This One Lib's The Country is so pissed at the dem's right now it's your vote to lose a republican in Office now would not look good now in a blue state let the people DECIDE.
Insults to voters……..a great Pelosi strategy.

Experts see double-digit Dem losses

By: JOSH KRAUSHAAR
Handicappers can now envision an election in which Democrats suffer double-digit losses in the congress.

Hoyer gets his town hall taste
By: ALEX ISENSTADT
In Steny Hoyer’s first town hall meeting, the Democratic leader gets yelled at, mocked and cursed out.

Christie lead holds despite bad news
By: MICHAEL FALCONE
Even a recent slew of negative press about Christie hasn't broken his lead over Corzine, new polls show.

Life after Kennedy: All eyes on Dodd the other half of the sandwich pair wants the torch......probably to make toast....another pervert.

Your liberals keep up the good work.....67 percent of independents now disapprove of his direction.
We the people

West Springfield, MA

#13 Sep 2, 2009
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Insults to voters……..a great Pelosi strategy.
Experts see double-digit Dem losses
By: JOSH KRAUSHAAR
Handicappers can now envision an election in which Democrats suffer double-digit losses in the congress.
Hoyer gets his town hall taste
By: ALEX ISENSTADT
In Steny Hoyer’s first town hall meeting, the Democratic leader gets yelled at, mocked and cursed out.
Christie lead holds despite bad news
By: MICHAEL FALCONE
Even a recent slew of negative press about Christie hasn't broken his lead over Corzine, new polls show.
Life after Kennedy: All eyes on Dodd the other half of the sandwich pair wants the torch......probably to make toast....another pervert.
Your liberals keep up the good work.....67 percent of independents now disapprove of his direction.
YOUR NOT VOTING I AM
joy malin mr

Potsdam, NY

#14 Sep 2, 2009
prayer in USD Courts,@USA, I C J ..........the rev dr kamal karna k roy et al plaintiffs vs bh Obama , on default u s pres9dent wef 1.20. 09

prayer in USD Courts,@USA, I C J hague,netherlands be resolved by usa
Dorian

North Weymouth, MA

#16 Sep 2, 2009
We the people wrote:
Have NO idea what you are saying!????????

Since: Feb 07

Whitman,Ma

#17 Sep 2, 2009
Martha is the best of the Democrat bunch. She will be hard to beat.because she has statewide namme recognition and she has been an effective District Attorney for years, and Attorney General. She just brought in 50 million to the state coffers this week. If a Democrat wins, I hope it is her because they wont be able to bully her around. There is not a chance the Republicans will win because there will be the Libertarian, the Green Party etc to split up the vote. It is really pitiful when these people dont know they are straws and effects the Democrat's ability to stay in power in this state.
We the people

West Springfield, MA

#18 Sep 3, 2009
Dorian wrote:
<quoted text>
Have NO idea what you are saying!????????
YOUR Not Very Smart Are YOU

Since: Jun 09

Richmond, VA

#19 Sep 3, 2009
The widow will change her mind - and she'll win easily.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#20 Sep 3, 2009
Billy Ringo wrote:
The widow will change her mind - and she'll win easily.
Rep. Charles Rangel, the powerful chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee and a chief health-care negotiator, said that "bias" and "prejudice" toward Obama are fueling opposition to health-care reform.

It's funny that Obama's tax cheats are always playing the race card. Rangel's deck has 53 cards in it.........an extra joker.
2010 new congress

Homer Glen, IL

#21 Sep 3, 2009
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Rep. Charles Rangel, the powerful chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee and a chief health-care negotiator, said that "bias" and "prejudice" toward Obama are fueling opposition to health-care reform.
It's funny that Obama's tax cheats are always playing the race card. Rangel's deck has 53 cards in it.........an extra joker.
I agree, he also supported the military draft awhile back, he doesn't know if he is coming or going. Funny some of Obama's supporters were white. So if they since changed their minds, they are prejudiced now LOL. And that little LOL tax problem, Charlie do you need stronger glasses to do your taxes? http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2129...

Since: Jun 09

Richmond, VA

#22 Sep 3, 2009
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Rep. Charles Rangel, the powerful chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee and a chief health-care negotiator, said that "bias" and "prejudice" toward Obama are fueling opposition to health-care reform.
Hey stupid - this thread is about potential candidates seeking Senator Kennedy's seat.

Your ass wipe post is just another cut and paste job. Try - just for once - try thinking of something original on your own instead of cutting and pasting from Newt.org or some other reich wing site.

“CARPE DIEM”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#23 Sep 3, 2009
Billy Ringo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey stupid - this thread is about potential candidates seeking Senator Kennedy's seat.
Your ass wipe post is just another cut and paste job. Try - just for once - try thinking of something original on your own instead of cutting and pasting from Newt.org or some other reich wing site.
Hi Billy- havent seen you on 64% for a while!
The ONLY ones I EVER see playing the race card is the GOP! Ironic isnt it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Capuano Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Two House Dems say it's time to dump Pelosi (Apr '15) Apr '15 Teddy 8
News Pittsfield mayor encouraged by Baker efforts fo... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Praxis33 6
News Faust Letter to Mass. Representatives Cautions ... (Jan '15) Jan '15 wild child 1
News Barney Frank Challenges GOP's 'Too Big to Fail'... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Suzanne Lunt 1
News Future homebuyers could feel the pinch from pla... (Aug '13) Sep '13 fingiswold 36
News Closing Fannie, Freddie could boost mortgage rates (Aug '13) Sep '13 Sebrina Wintringham 49
News Coakley addresses top issues during visit - Sen... (Dec '09) Mar '13 Lynch 33
More from around the web