Too soon into the fray

Too soon into the fray

There are 30 comments on the North Adams Transcript story from Sep 2, 2009, titled Too soon into the fray. In it, North Adams Transcript reports that:

While we admire Martha Coakley's ambition and generally like to support solid professionals with roots in the Berkshires, the good attorney general may have jumped the gun a little in making her bid to get elected to the late Edward M. Kennedy's Senate seat.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North Adams Transcript.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Resident

Clifton Park, NY

#1 Sep 3, 2009
Pardon me if i need a little more info other than a suppossed phone call
(dan bosley) got befors i jump on the i hate martha coakley bandwagon.
its no secret bosley and mayor john barrett do not like coakley. I would advise
barrett to more selective in his endorsement in this race, if in facxt his endorsement is woth anything. His endorsements of bill weld, jane swift, chris
hodgkins and tom reilly did not help they all lost.
the truth is out there

United States

#2 Sep 3, 2009
Bill Weld for Senate.
endorsements

Albany, NY

#3 Sep 3, 2009
Resident wrote:
Pardon me if i need a little more info other than a suppossed phone call
(dan bosley) got befors i jump on the i hate martha coakley bandwagon.
its no secret bosley and mayor john barrett do not like coakley. I would advise
barrett to more selective in his endorsement in this race, if in facxt his endorsement is woth anything. His endorsements of bill weld, jane swift, chris
hodgkins and tom reilly did not help they all lost.
When Bosley and Barrett really work for a candidate it does make a difference. Jane Swift as I recall won in North Adams for Lt Gov and barely lost Adams, where Democrats out number independents by a large margin. Also who said they don't like Coakley who had her swearing in at Mass Moca. Think Barrett was mc or at least spoke.
Concerned citizen

Williamstown, MA

#4 Sep 3, 2009
I remember when Dan Bosley jumped the gun and announced his run for State Rep. before Rep. Frank Costa announced he was not seeking reelection. Who is calling the kettle black. At least with Martha Coakley there will be no back room old boy politics as usual.
chbpod

Warwick, RI

#5 Sep 3, 2009
Concerned citizen wrote:
I remember when Dan Bosley jumped the gun and announced his run for State Rep. before Rep. Frank Costa announced he was not seeking reelection. Who is calling the kettle black. At least with Martha Coakley there will be no back room old boy politics as usual.
There's nothing wrong with announcing one's candidacy for a seat--people challenge incumbents all the time----Coakley's antics were to try for the seat of a dead man walking---I think that's different--it reminds me of the vultures in the tree in a Peanuts cartoon-- chbpod
Church Street Resident

Clifton Park, NY

#6 Sep 3, 2009
Like her or not, there are a list of people preparing a run for Kennedy's seat. The election is in January. How long are people supposed to wait? They all need to raise millions of dollars to run a state-wide campaign.

If she wants it, she should go out and get it... which is exactly what she is doing.
voter

Clifton Park, NY

#7 Sep 3, 2009
Glenn should make up his own mind for once, instead of parroting everything that Barrett says.
WRITE ON

Williamstown, MA

#8 Sep 3, 2009
Yea sort of like you parroting everything Alcombright says.
Voter

Clifton Park, NY

#9 Sep 3, 2009
the truth is out there wrote:
Bill Weld for Senate.
He could move back here from New York.
Resident

Clifton Park, NY

#10 Sep 3, 2009
Church Street Resident wrote:
Like her or not, there are a list of people preparing a run for Kennedy's seat. The election is in January. How long are people supposed to wait? They all need to raise millions of dollars to run a state-wide campaign.
If she wants it, she should go out and get it... which is exactly what she is doing.
i agree they have 30-60 days to get 10,000 signatures and raise 2-5 million dollars, its nuts! Go Martha Go, ignore Barret he has his own priblems.
Tom L

Clifton Park, NY

#11 Sep 3, 2009
chbpod wrote:
<quoted text>
There's nothing wrong with announcing one's candidacy for a seat--people challenge incumbents all the time----Coakley's antics were to try for the seat of a dead man walking---I think that's different--it reminds me of the vultures in the tree in a Peanuts cartoon-- chbpod
Right none of the other possible candidates were doing nothing, if you believe that, i got some swamp land to sell you.
Tom Reilly

Clifton Park, NY

#12 Sep 3, 2009
endorsements wrote:
<quoted text>
When Bosley and Barrett really work for a candidate it does make a difference. Jane Swift as I recall won in North Adams for Lt Gov and barely lost Adams, where Democrats out number independents by a large margin. Also who said they don't like Coakley who had her swearing in at Mass Moca. Think Barrett was mc or at least spoke.
Are you saying Barrett's other endorsements were phoney and he did nothing! Chris Hodgkins got a pubilc endoresment, a mailing feasturing the Mayor, that sounds like something to me and now-Senator Downing beat Barrett's handpicked candidate.
chbpod

Warwick, RI

#13 Sep 3, 2009
Tom L wrote:
<quoted text>
Right none of the other possible candidates were doing nothing, if you believe that, i got some swamp land to sell you.
Of course they were all talking about it---but at least from the Boz Man---Coakley was more overt---if Kennedy had resigned---that would have been gounds for a scramble for the seat----you knew the end was near when he asked the Gov and Legislature to change the law---but politics is an opportunistic game==and he(she) who hesitates is lost----she's going to run- Kennedy or no Kennedu in the race----- others maybe waitin to see what Joe II is going to do----you know Joe II-- he;s Hugo Chavez front man in Massachuetts--chbpod
Voter

Clockville, NY

#14 Sep 3, 2009
As far as power brokers go in Massachusetts, Bosley and Barrett don't even qualify. Bosley got slapped around by the new speaker of the house and lost all his clout. The Barrett machine couldn't even deliver the city to Hodgkins, who came in 3rd.(And he is getting his butt handed to him by Alcombright in the campaign for mayor.)

Nobody who lives outside of the area gives a tinker's damn what those two say because it does not matter in the slightest.
intel

Port Jervis, NY

#15 Sep 3, 2009
chbpod wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course they were all talking about it---but at least from the Boz Man---Coakley was more overt---if Kennedy had resigned---that would have been gounds for a scramble for the seat----you knew the end was near when he asked the Gov and Legislature to change the law---but politics is an opportunistic game==and he(she) who hesitates is lost----she's going to run- Kennedy or no Kennedu in the race----- others maybe waitin to see what Joe II is going to do----you know Joe II-- he;s Hugo Chavez front man in Massachuetts--chbpod
where Hugo, I go.
Resident

Clifton Park, NY

#16 Sep 3, 2009
chbpod wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm hoping for crowded primary. This should not be a free ride for another kennedy, let them earn it.
chbpod

Warwick, RI

#17 Sep 3, 2009
intel wrote:
<quoted text>
where Hugo, I go.
Oh? moving to Rhode Island eh?
chbpod

Warwick, RI

#18 Sep 3, 2009
Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
i agree they have 30-60 days to get 10,000 signatures and raise 2-5 million dollars, its nuts! Go Martha Go, ignore Barret he has his own priblems.
Isn't the General election set for January with a primary in December? Not very much time---Coakley cannot use her campaign war chest raised for state wide office but Capuano and Meehan still have bucks from their Congressional campaigns- I read the Meehan had 4 1/5 million----and I would suspect that Joe II has quite a stash as well--frankly I wish the legislature would repeal the existing law and go back to the original -Gubernatorial appointment to finish out the unexpired term----chbpod
Funny Man

Wynantskill, NY

#19 Sep 3, 2009
endorsements wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahahahaha. I love this stuff. You can't make it up. Jane Swift won North Adams and "barely lost" in Adams? How powerful are these guys? Hahahahaha. Martha Coakley must be pretty worried about their comments and the Transcript's parroting of them. She's toast without the Transcript's endorsement. Hahahahaha. Maybe John Barret and Dan Bosley better worry more about winning in North Adams or Adams than either Martha or Jane. Ha.
Funny Woman

Clifton Park, NY

#20 Sep 4, 2009
Funny Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahahahaha. I love this stuff. You can't make it up. Jane Swift won North Adams and "barely lost" in Adams? How powerful are these guys? Hahahahaha. Martha Coakley must be pretty worried about their comments and the Transcript's parroting of them. She's toast without the Transcript's endorsement. Hahahahaha. Maybe John Barret and Dan Bosley better worry more about winning in North Adams or Adams than either Martha or Jane. Ha.
Who needs the Transcript's emdorsement? You must be worried to bring it up!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Capuano Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Two House Dems say it's time to dump Pelosi (Apr '15) Apr '15 Teddy 8
News Pittsfield mayor encouraged by Baker efforts fo... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Praxis33 6
News Faust Letter to Mass. Representatives Cautions ... (Jan '15) Jan '15 wild child 1
News Barney Frank Challenges GOP's 'Too Big to Fail'... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Suzanne Lunt 1
News Future homebuyers could feel the pinch from pla... (Aug '13) Sep '13 fingiswold 36
News Closing Fannie, Freddie could boost mortgage rates (Aug '13) Sep '13 Sebrina Wintringham 49
News Coakley addresses top issues during visit - Sen... (Dec '09) Mar '13 Lynch 33
More from around the web