ACORN's fall won't affect Census

ACORN's fall won't affect Census

There are 20 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Sep 20, 2009, titled ACORN's fall won't affect Census. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

The latest scandal to rock the community-organizing group ACORN will not imperil the 2010 U.S. Census in Massachusetts, a headcount that is critical to the state's ability to retain seats in Congress and have access to federal funding, according to state officials.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

ACORN must go

Acton, MA

#1 Sep 20, 2009
I guess the only way to get Tsongas and Capuano to see the light about ACORN is to have the next video released by the undercover students be the one from Massachusetts. And also to make sure they never get reelected to any position again. We should all be looking forward to that!
NUtz

Littleton, MA

#2 Sep 20, 2009
Acorn is a corrupt organization. 400 years ago week could have burned them all as witches and be done with them. I'm calling the cops if any member of Acorn steps on my property. They are scumbags.
whatnow

Sterling, MA

#3 Sep 20, 2009
Niki is in bed with Acorn because she wants to keep her seat If MA loses a seat it will be hers. I don't know how to say Mickey Mouse in Spanish; but you can bet there will be many of them counted in the Lowell/ Laurence area. Niki can you say; corrupt?
Southie

Duxbury, MA

#5 Sep 20, 2009
Southie wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, ACORN must go and also that witch Tsongas.
For no discernible reason, the pea-brained tool in Maine pretends to be me. Someone needs a hobby.
Fact

Lowell, MA

#6 Sep 20, 2009
Southie wrote:
<quoted text>
For no discernible reason, the pea-brained tool in Maine pretends to be me. Someone needs a hobby.
Yes, but he is much smarter than you.
Judge Mental

Londonderry, NH

#7 Sep 20, 2009
I'm sorry did this article actually call ACORN a "liberal-leaning group" Liberal leaning? Leaning? You Mr. Murphy have lost all credibility. As for the LOL Sun, letting a line like that get through, shows your true colors at last. Yellow and Red.
Southie

Lowell, MA

#8 Sep 20, 2009
Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but he is much smarter than you.
Whatever you say, sparky.
Pete

Haverhill, MA

#9 Sep 20, 2009
I don't think any funds should go to "community organizations" because they are not apolitical. Aren't they supposed to be full of volunteers and funded by donations? I don't want my tax dollars going to this stuff.
Wonder if anyone would want to pull a stunt or 2 on some local "community organization" and see if they are corrupt or pushing some lefty adjenda. Perhaps we can make a difference. Something has to change, and not the Obamunist type of change either.

Since: Apr 09

Littleton, MA

#10 Sep 22, 2009
Of course the census will be affected, it will be less biased.
Flash is Back

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Sep 22, 2009
ACORN fraudulantly registered more than 18 million voters for the last election.

How many of them voted for the colored fella do you think?

This is a covert criminal orgnaization and has been for years.

Did you hear Odumma on the Sunday pep rally for his failing Presidency:
"I pay no attention to ACORN, I have much more important things to do"

The lying sack-of dog-SQEEZE,

IS ACORN!!
Flash is Back

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Sep 22, 2009
That's dog-SQUEEZE.
Chairman Mao

Lowell, MA

#13 Sep 22, 2009
Flash is Back wrote:
ACORN fraudulantly registered more than 18 million voters for the last election.
How many of them voted for the colored fella do you think?
This is a covert criminal orgnaization and has been for years.
What are our options Flash? We don't have a governor in office in one of the most critical states, nor are we in bed with the CEO of Diebold, manufacturer of election machines who all but promised fraudulence.
Southie

Lowell, MA

#14 Sep 23, 2009
I feel sorry for people like Flash.
Stamos

Fitchburg, MA

#15 Sep 25, 2009
This is the reasons why I myself personally beleive Acorn is for the people. I back Acorn 100 percent.
ACORN is the nationís largest grassroots community organization of low- and moderate-income people with over 400,000 member families organized into more than 1,200 neighborhood chapters in about 75 cities across the country. Since 1970, ACORN has been building community organizations that are committed to social and economic justice, and won victories on thousands of issues of concern to our members, through direct action, negotiation, legislative advocacy and voter participation. ACORN helps those who have historically been locked out become powerful players in our democratic system.

Community organizing: Each of the 1,200 local ACORN neighborhood chapters in about 75 and 40 states brings neighbors together to work for stronger, safer and more just communities.

Issue campaigns: Each ACORN office carries out multiple issue campaigns. ACORN members across the country work to raise the minimum wage or enact living wage policies; eliminate predatory financial practices by mortgage lenders, payday lenders, and tax preparation companies; win the development of affordable housing and community benefits agreements; improve the quality of and funding for urban public schools; rebuild New Orleans; and pass a federal and state ACORN Working Families Agenda, including paid sick leave for all full time workers.

A recent study shows that our issue campaign victories have delivered approximately $15 billion in direct monetary benefits to our membership and constituency over the past 10 years.

Service delivery: ACORN and its allied organizations provide extensive services to our members and constituency. These include free tax preparation focusing on the Earned Income Tax Credit; screening for eligibility for federal and state benefit programs; and, through the ACORN Housing Corporation, first time homeowner mortgage counseling and foreclosure prevention assistance, and low income housing development.

Ballot initiatives: ACORN-backed ballot-initiative campaigns in 2006 helped raise the minimum wage in Ohio, Arizona, Missouri and Colorado, working with community-faith-labor coalitions on successful campaigns in each state.

Voter participation: Since 2004, ACORN has helped more than 1.7 million low- and moderate-income and minority citizens apply to register to vote.
2010 new congress

United States

#16 Sep 25, 2009
Constitutionally you only have to answer the first question on the census.
mira mira

Concord, MA

#17 Sep 25, 2009
whatnow wrote:
Niki is in bed with Acorn because she wants to keep her seat If MA loses a seat it will be hers. I don't know how to say Mickey Mouse in Spanish; but you can bet there will be many of them counted in the Lowell/ Laurence area. Niki can you say; corrupt?
Mickey Mouse in Spanish is Mickey Raton. Minnie Mouse is Minnie Ratona. Accent on the letter "o".
2010 new congress

Joliet, IL

#19 Sep 28, 2009
Dead people voting, we may now have a Teddy Kennedy voting if Acorn picks a fun name. No more taxpayers money to this crooked Organization
Skeptic

United States

#20 Oct 1, 2009
The Federal RICO statute should be implemented to put ACORN forever out of business, from stealing taxpayer funds, ACORN should be brought to the public square, and as they do in Singapore, publicly cane them, then, let the RICO statue put them away in the slammer.
NUtz wrote:
Acorn is a corrupt organization. 400 years ago week could have burned them all as witches and be done with them. I'm calling the cops if any member of Acorn steps on my property. They are scumbags.
Skeptic

United States

#21 Oct 1, 2009
and guess what? Those two will be voting for Ombama!!! That's what he's got ACORN for, votes at any cost, by any means, just like in a 3rd world country.
mira mira wrote:
<quoted text>
Mickey Mouse in Spanish is Mickey Raton. Minnie Mouse is Minnie Ratona. Accent on the letter "o".
lol

Tewksbury, MA

#24 Oct 12, 2009
kim

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Capuano Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Two House Dems say it's time to dump Pelosi (Apr '15) Apr '15 Teddy 8
News Pittsfield mayor encouraged by Baker efforts fo... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Praxis33 6
News Faust Letter to Mass. Representatives Cautions ... (Jan '15) Jan '15 wild child 1
News Barney Frank Challenges GOP's 'Too Big to Fail'... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Suzanne Lunt 1
News Future homebuyers could feel the pinch from pla... (Aug '13) Sep '13 fingiswold 36
News Closing Fannie, Freddie could boost mortgage rates (Aug '13) Sep '13 Sebrina Wintringham 49
News Coakley addresses top issues during visit - Sen... (Dec '09) Mar '13 Lynch 33