Older Americans Blast Congress Over a 'Zero' Social Security COLA for 2011

Oct 15, 2010 | Posted by: Mr_Bill | Full story: www.prnewswire.com

RetireSafe, a 400,000-supporter strong national advocacy group for older Americans, today blasted Congress for again failing older Americans by keeping in place a flawed government consumer price index (CPI) to measure inflation for the annual Social Security cost of living adjustment (COLA) for retirees. For the second year in a row that faulty CPI has produced a "zero" COLA for Social Security beneficiaries. Said another way, Social Security checks will not be increased until at least January 2012. "This is clearly wrong, and Congress must be held accountable," said RetireSafe President Thair Phillips.

Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Oct 15, 2010
Rico

Guatemala City, Guatemala

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2010

Judged:

And the 'ME' society spouts-off their retoric...

I am retired on SS, but for me to get a raise when most are getting less is wrong, we all have a responsibility to one another, and stealing from one to give to another is criminal...
Scott

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2010

Nancy wants to increase food stamp amount but not increase SS makes sense to who
smith100

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2010

Judged:

Recind all Congressmen's and all federal workers raises for the last two years. Why do they get raises and the Senior citizens who worked and paid taxes to pay the wages of Congressmen, get none.
KNOWvember

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2010

Judged:

Rico wrote:
And the 'ME' society spouts-off their retoric...
I am retired on SS, but for me to get a raise when most are getting less is wrong, we all have a responsibility to one another, and stealing from one to give to another is criminal...
Speakign of STEALING what have you to say about the AUTOMATIC PAY RAISE of 3% for CONGRESS?

Yep, stealing from the public coffers. Thank the DEMOCRATS led by Pelosi and Reid, who didn't bring THIS to vote, but ADJOURNED.

CONGRESS gets THEIR 3% RAISE. ME, ME, ME, ME, ME, ME, ME, ME!

Throw the bums out in 2010 and 2012. Vote in NOvember.
driver

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2010

Curious to see the reaction of the sellout AARP.
short trus micro bus

Wanette, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2010

Judged:

screw ssi , ima get me a sugaR MAMA FER MY RETIREMENT
Rico

Guatemala City, Guatemala

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2010

KNOWvember wrote:
<quoted text>
Speakign of STEALING what have you to say about the AUTOMATIC PAY RAISE of 3% for CONGRESS?
Yep, stealing from the public coffers. Thank the DEMOCRATS led by Pelosi and Reid, who didn't bring THIS to vote, but ADJOURNED.
CONGRESS gets THEIR 3% RAISE. ME, ME, ME, ME, ME, ME, ME, ME!
Throw the bums out in 2010 and 2012. Vote in NOvember.
Politicians are most always the misfits of society, we know they all lie and cheat, but still we pick one over another that tells us what we want to hear...

We have the governance that we vote for, we refuse to take charge of our Public-Servants therefore they ravage us and harvest us as though we were ears of corn...

Until we have the English-Language as our official-language we will never correct this racketeering by our 'Public-Servants'!!!

All laws are written as opinions, assumptions, presumptions and guessing, not a factual communication, only gibberish...
Meaning changes by the case, one-day, up is down, left is right, and 2+2=whatever they say, tommorrow down is up, right is left and 2+2=whatever they say...
The U.S.A. government opperates a 'Terror-network', that keeps us all at bay... We are puppets on a string, unable to free ourselves because we lack the Language-skills to become the master of ourselves...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Representative Michael Arcuri Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debt-limit votes can be costly to political car... (Jul '11) Jul '11 jackie 1
Utica postmark in jeopardy - again (Jan '11) Apr '11 zip code 31
Ex-lawmakers find jobs at firms seeking to shap... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Sick of Stupid 2
Utica mayoral race to be - very competitive' (Feb '11) Feb '11 Long Time Utican 17
In Utica, N.Y., a frustrating wait for the camp... (Nov '10) Nov '10 Well ok then 2
24th Congressional District profiles: Richard H... (Oct '10) Oct '10 Mike Arcuri 2
China Emerges as a Scapegoat in Campaign Ads (Oct '10) Oct '10 Karate 2

Search the Representative Michael Arcuri Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••