The abortion fight that isn't

The abortion fight that isn't

There are 3308 comments on the Politico story from Apr 20, 2011, titled The abortion fight that isn't. In it, Politico reports that:

Republican legislatures across the country are passing tough new anti-abortion laws - and while abortion rights advocates believe the new laws are unconstitutional, they're not rushing to court to stop them.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Politico.

First Prev
of 166
Next Last

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#1 Apr 20, 2011
Oklahoma law ALREADY prohibits abortion after 12 weeks, except to SAVE THE LIFE OR HEALTH OF THE MOTHER.
If Governor Fallin signs this redundant bill, which eliminates these exceptions, she will be condemning women with toxic pregnancies AND THEIR FETUSES to death, or to severely impaired health.

How on earth is this a 'pro-life' stance?

If this bill is signed, it will be a result of pandering to the religious right-wing moonbats in Mary Fallin's political party, and NOT a result of her wish to 'protect life'
(or to 'protect' any fetus from pain)
neither of which are her real agenda in any case.

Hint: if the mother dies from the pregnancy, who really believes her 21 week old fetus will survive outside her womb after the c-section on mama's corpse?

And who pays for its Neo-natal Intensive Care in the event that medical personnel attempt to save it?

The same taxpayers who don't want their tax dollars to pay for contraceptives, pap smears, mammograms, pre-natal care, pediatric wellness screenings, or abortions.
(The ones who scream for the defunding of PP)

That's who.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Deng

Zhenjiang, China

#2 Apr 20, 2011
YEP, A LOT OF MOONBATS, ANTI-ABORTIONS ZEALOTS, RELIGIOUS NUTS IN THE UNITED STATES NOT WATCHING THE POLITICS AS THE BILLIONAIRES STOLE THE COUNTRY AND SHUT DOWN THE ECONOMY GETTING GOVERNMENT REBATES SUCH AS CAPITAL DEPRECATION ACCELERATIONS AND AS LOWER TAXES IN THE PROCESS.
shovelhead72 wrote:
Oklahoma law ALREADY prohibits abortion after 12 weeks, except to SAVE THE LIFE OR HEALTH OF THE MOTHER.
If Governor Fallin signs this redundant bill, which eliminates these exceptions, she will be condemning women with toxic pregnancies AND THEIR FETUSES to death, or to severely impaired health.
How on earth is this a 'pro-life' stance?
If this bill is signed, it will be a result of pandering to the religious right-wing moonbats in Mary Fallin's political party, and NOT a result of her wish to 'protect life'
(or to 'protect' any fetus from pain)
neither of which are her real agenda in any case.
Hint: if the mother dies from the pregnancy, who really believes her 21 week old fetus will survive outside her womb after the c-section on mama's corpse?
And who pays for its Neo-natal Intensive Care in the event that medical personnel attempt to save it?
The same taxpayers who don't want their tax dollars to pay for contraceptives, pap smears, mammograms, pre-natal care, pediatric wellness screenings, or abortions.
(The ones who scream for the defunding of PP)
That's who.

Since: Apr 07

Nashville, TN

#3 Apr 20, 2011
Scientifically speaking human life begins at the very moment of conception. That Human life has the same Rights, Freedoms and Liberties as does everyone else.

Under our current laws the unjust killing of an innocent human is murder. A crime punishable by death or life in prison.

Is abortion wrong and must be stopped?

Make up your own mind after you are educated to the procedures uses to murder the unborn child. From a salt solution that chemically burns the child to death to the partial birth where the abortionist stabs the still breathing baby to death.

Most abortionists like to ask, "Should a woman who has been rapped be forced to carry her child to term? They are quick to point out the trauma experienced by being rapped and the further trauma that is cause by forcing her to carry her baby to term and have to care for it for 20 years.

What the abortionists refuse to face or talk about is the guilt felt by women after they have had an abortion and the fact that a woman who has had an abortion is 10 times more likely to commit suicide than a woman who has never had an abortion. Then there is the extremely high rate of depression among women who have had an abortion. Then the abortionists refuse to admit that killing the woman's baby is punishing an innocent baby for a crime he or she DID NOT commit and as a matter of fact is just as much a victim of the rape as is his or her mother. That is just as wrong as when the Muslims kill a woman for being rapped.

My name is Jim Hayden and I AM the next American President
...Facebook Jim Hayden for President 2012

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#4 Apr 21, 2011
Perhaps we need to take on another view on this, is it really the woman themselves who bring this feeling of guilt upon themselves, or is it society and it's treatement towards woman who understake such acts. We all know that the mind can be conditioned into valueing and beleiving anything, thus if through the media we are always having this constant battle of "good vs evil" abortionists vs non abortionists then how can not affect the minds of these women? The human mind is subjective!

“Women are people, not objects.”

Location hidden

#6 Apr 21, 2011
Very good point, Andrew. Women who aren't miserable for choosing abortion are villainized by the anti-abortion crowd as heartless sluts. If a woman isn't practically suicidal over her choice to abort, she's often mistreated and shamed.

I'm convinced that some of the women who claim to regret their abortions only do so because they've been told that's what they are supposed to do.

Women are supposed to accommodate, after all. We're supposed to put our own needs in the background and serve our men and families first. Any female who doesn't is treated like animal droppings for daring to consider her own dreams and wishes.
Sick of Stupid

Davenport, IA

#7 Apr 21, 2011
Human life begins at conception.
But American citizenship begins at birth.
The party of small goverment cannot stop making new and confusing laws on abortion.
Protecting the unborn is not the job of goverment, that is the job of doctors and hospitals.
Hopefully we are all grossed out by some of the abortion techniques used today, but it is not any of our business what an American citizen and their doctors deceide to do in a hospital setting.
I am not pro-abortion, but it is a viable medical procedure, and not the business of politicians. It is not their job to protect the unborn.

Personally I believe that women/couples under 18 who become pregnant should be encouraged to abort. Women in prison, should also be encouraged to abort. Victims of sexual assualt should also be allowed to abort without any type of social ridicule.

In 1990 my sister was beaten and raped at college. When she realized she was pregnant, ther was no way she was going to have the baby. she did not. If abortion was not availible to her she still would have found a way to loose the baby.

The Federal Goverment has absolutely no business in the vaginas of a women. The people inside there are not US citizens.

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#8 Apr 21, 2011
Jim Hayden wrote:
Scientifically speaking human life begins at the very moment of conception. That Human life has the same Rights, Freedoms and Liberties as does everyone else.
Under our current laws the unjust killing of an innocent human is murder. A crime punishable by death or life in prison.
Make up your own mind after you are educated to the procedures uses to murder the unborn child. From a salt solution that chemically burns the child to death to the partial birth where the abortionist stabs the still breathing baby to death.
Most abortionists like to ask, "Should a woman who has been rapped be forced to carry her child to term? They are quick to point out the trauma experienced by being rapped and the further trauma that is cause by forcing her to carry her baby to term and have to care for it for 20 years.
What the abortionists refuse to face or talk about is the guilt felt by women after they have had an abortion and the fact that a woman who has had an abortion is 10 times more likely to commit suicide than a woman who has never had an abortion. Then there is the extremely high rate of depression among women who have had an abortion. Then the abortionists refuse to admit that killing the woman's baby is punishing an innocent baby for a crime he or she DID NOT commit and as a matter of fact is just as much a victim of the rape as is his or her mother. That is just as wrong as when the Muslims kill a woman for being rapped.
I'm happy to say that your campaign for that office is a complete waste of your time, and that you don't have a snowball's chance in Hell of becoming President of your local Elk's club, much less of the United States of America.

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#9 Apr 21, 2011
Sick of Stupid wrote:
Human life begins at conception.
But American citizenship begins at birth.
The party of small goverment cannot stop making new and confusing laws on abortion.
Protecting the unborn is not the job of goverment, that is the job of doctors and hospitals.
Hopefully we are all grossed out by some of the abortion techniques used today, but it is not any of our business what an American citizen and their doctors deceide to do in a hospital setting.
I am not pro-abortion, but it is a viable medical procedure, and not the business of politicians. It is not their job to protect the unborn.
Personally I believe that women/couples under 18 who become pregnant should be encouraged to abort. Women in prison, should also be encouraged to abort. Victims of sexual assualt should also be allowed to abort without any type of social ridicule.
In 1990 my sister was beaten and raped at college. When she realized she was pregnant, ther was no way she was going to have the baby. she did not. If abortion was not availible to her she still would have found a way to loose the baby.
The Federal Goverment has absolutely no business in the vaginas of a women. The people inside there are not US citizens.
Absolutely BRILLIANT post. I completely and totally agree with every word.

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#10 Apr 21, 2011
Well, on second thought, encouragement to abort is not on my agenda for anyone, but I do agree that there should be no social stigma for abortion, whatever the circumstances.

I support the choices women make for THEMSELVES, whether to gestate or not, as each individual woman sees fit.

Thanks for the opportunity to correct myself in this regard.

Nashville, TN

#11 Apr 21, 2011
andrewboykins wrote:
Perhaps we need to take on another view on this, is it really the woman themselves who bring this feeling of guilt upon themselves, or is it society and it's treatement towards woman who understake such acts. We all know that the mind can be conditioned into valueing and beleiving anything, thus if through the media we are always having this constant battle of "good vs evil" abortionists vs non abortionists then how can not affect the minds of these women? The human mind is subjective!
Actually shortly after the abortionist fills the uterus with salt and the baby starts thrashing around inside the uterus in pain and untold agony and the mother feels her child kicking frantically as her baby dies inside her.

Then there are those women whose babies are partial birth abortions who feel their babies born and the abortionist kill their baby as their baby is being delivered.

These are very traumatic for most women. That is when the shame, guilt and depression starts to set in. And when these women seek professional help they get pills and treatment that fails to treat the cause of their depression. That is because once the medical community realized that abortions not only kills our children but their mothers as well.

My name is Jim Hayden and I AM the next American President ...Facebook Jim Hayden for President 2012

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#12 Apr 21, 2011
Jim Hayden wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually shortly after the abortionist fills the uterus with salt and the baby starts thrashing around inside the uterus in pain and untold agony and the mother feels her child kicking frantically as her baby dies inside her.
Then there are those women whose babies are partial birth abortions who feel their babies born and the abortionist kill their baby as their baby is being delivered.
These are very traumatic for most women. That is when the shame, guilt and depression starts to set in. And when these women seek professional help they get pills and treatment that fails to treat the cause of their depression. That is because once the medical community realized that abortions not only kills our children but their mothers as well.
You do realize that late term abortion ONLY occurs when the life of the mother is at stake, and in the VAST majority of those cases the fetus is BORN by c-section, and not aborted.
Don't you?
Be honest - partial birth abortion is no longer legal, and the saline procedure is extremely rare. Also, you must know that many procedures are done to remove an already desceased fetus.
Don't you?
Jim Hayden wrote:
<quoted text>My name is Jim Hayden and I AM the next American President ...Facebook Jim Hayden for President 2012
Not if I have any say in it, you aren't.
Sick of Stupid

Davenport, IA

#14 Apr 21, 2011
shovelhead72 wrote:
Well, on second thought, encouragement to abort is not on my agenda for anyone, but I do agree that there should be no social stigma for abortion, whatever the circumstances.
I support the choices women make for THEMSELVES, whether to gestate or not, as each individual woman sees fit.
Thanks for the opportunity to correct myself in this regard.
I suppose "encourage to abort" isn't the right term either, but it should be discussed as a real option in certain situations. Passing laws making it illegal in some cases is not good for anyone. Yes it is a horride procedure, with long term effects on all involved, but in some cases it isthe right option. The goverment has no business telling you what the circumstances are.

Nashville, TN

#15 Apr 21, 2011
Sick of Stupid wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose "encourage to abort" isn't the right term either, but it should be discussed as a real option in certain situations. Passing laws making it illegal in some cases is not good for anyone. Yes it is a horride procedure, with long term effects on all involved, but in some cases it isthe right option. The goverment has no business telling you what the circumstances are.
Like what situations?

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#16 Apr 21, 2011
Jim Hayden wrote:
<quoted text>
Like what situations?
Those situations wherein a gestating woman feels it is necessary. Her reasons are not our business, as it is HER body, not anyone elses', in which the fetus resides.
Period.
My name is Shovelhead72, and I am NOT voting for you for President in 2012.

Nashville, TN

#17 Apr 21, 2011
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Those situations wherein a gestating woman feels it is necessary. Her reasons are not our business, as it is HER body, not anyone elses', in which the fetus resides.
Period.
My name is Shovelhead72, and I am NOT voting for you for President in 2012.
This is not true. As soon as she becomes pregnant she has to share her body with her child. Her body no longer belongs to her along but to her and her baby.

What situation is there when a child deserves death? What crime has that baby committed that it deserves to die?

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#18 Apr 21, 2011
Jim Hayden wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not true. As soon as she becomes pregnant she has to share her body with her child. Her body no longer belongs to her alone, but to her and her baby.
Name one circumstance in which a man's body "no longer belongs to him" but to an organism which invades it. By that rationale, your liver cancer removes YOUR bodily autonomy, as it too is alive and sharing your body.
I say, if abortion is outlawed, so should cancer eradication be, along with the eradication of ANY organism which relies on YOUR body for survival. Say hello to your leetle friend, lymphoma.
Deal with it absent medical treatment, because it has the right to life too.
Now THAT'S pro-life.
Idn' it.
Jim Hayden wrote:
<quoted text>What situation is there when a child deserves death? What crime has that baby committed that it deserves to die?
The crime of trespassing. Remember the "make my day" laws? If being ON someone's property without permission is actionable by death, being IN one's property without permission is too.

Just one.

Nashville, TN

#19 Apr 21, 2011
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Name one circumstance in which a man's body "no longer belongs to him" but to an organism which invades it. By that rationale, your liver cancer removes YOUR bodily autonomy, as it too is alive and sharing your body.
I say, if abortion is outlawed, so should cancer eradication be, along with the eradication of ANY organism which relies on YOUR body for survival. Say hello to your leetle friend, lymphoma.
Deal with it absent medical treatment, because it has the right to life too.
Now THAT'S pro-life.
Idn' it.
<quoted text>The crime of trespassing. Remember the "make my day" laws? If being ON someone's property without permission is actionable by death, being IN one's property without permission is too.
Just one.
Only problem with your logic a cancer does not grow up to be a jerk.

I baby will grow up and leave home, get married, have kids grow old and die.

The second problem with your logic is the fact that the baby had no choice. He/she was conceived with his or her mother's uterus most time after the mother invited the sperm inside of her. You know consensual sex.

In other words we are right back to killing a baby who has committed no crime or done no wrong. It is murder plain and simple.

dav

Albuquerque, NM

#20 Apr 21, 2011
No, that is false. You republicunts prefer lies to the truth. Read the bible. It condones abortion.
Jim Hayden wrote:

Nashville, TN

#21 Apr 21, 2011
dav wrote:
No, that is false. You republicunts prefer lies to the truth. Read the bible. It condones abortion.<quoted text>
Only under the Constitution abortion is illegal. Try reading the 5th and 14th Amendments "nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;". In other words the Bible has absolutely nothing to do with this.

davy

Albuquerque, NM

#22 Apr 21, 2011
No, but the supreme court does. Read about the right to privacy. Idiotic republicunt.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 166
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Representative Mary Fallin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Oklahoma Gov's Latest Justice Reform Crusade: W... Jul 19 usuc 1
News Democrats snatch 2 statehouse seats in Oklahoma... Jul 13 He Named Me Black... 13
News The Latest: Oklahoma governor appeals for calm ... May '17 Indio 227 7
News The Latest: Protesters briefly block a Tulsa road May '17 BHM5267 5
News The Latest: Protesters briefly block a Tulsa road May '17 Former Democrat 1
News Unsuccessful civil cases could cost thousands m... May '17 ddot 1
News Opioid abuse is a growing problem May '17 Scarbelly Bob 5
More from around the web