Okl. Senate approves anti-abortion billA

Okl. Senate approves anti-abortion billA

There are 313 comments on the New York Daily News story from Feb 16, 2012, titled Okl. Senate approves anti-abortion billA. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

Heather Hall, of Norman, Okla., holds her 11 month old daughter, River, at an Abortion Rights Rally at the state Capitol in Oklahoma City, Thursday, May 12, 2011.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

First Prev
of 16
Next Last

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

#1 Feb 16, 2012
(from the article)
The bill provides embryos and fetuses with “all the rights privileges, and immunities” of other citizens.

Republican Sen. Brian Crain says it’s modeled after a 1986 Missouri law that was later determined by the U.S. Supreme Court to be constitutional.

“your life is great”

you poop in clean water

#2 Feb 16, 2012
The so-called personhood bill was pushed by Delegate Bob Marshall, a Republican and ardent Catholic who opposes abortions for anyone — and any birth control that takes effect after conception.

Asked once about abortions in the case of incest, Marshall replied that sometimes the incest was voluntary.

“The woman becomes a sin-bearer of the crime, because the right of a child predominates over the embarrassment of the woman,” he said.

really?!?!?!?!?!

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#3 Feb 16, 2012
The bill is opposed by the Oklahoma State Medical Association, because of concerns it could affect reproductive medicine and ban certain forms of birth control
Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/okla...
sure...
they're opposed because they'll lose the "abortion as birth control" cash cow.
America is Not the Same

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#4 Feb 16, 2012
The law given by our Creator
Thy shall NOT kill

“your life is great”

you poop in clean water

#5 Feb 16, 2012
carey529 wrote:
The bill is opposed by the Oklahoma State Medical Association, because of concerns it could affect reproductive medicine and ban certain forms of birth control
Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/okla...
sure...
they're opposed because they'll lose the "abortion as birth control" cash cow.
did you really judge me clueless? WTF?
as for the cash-cow you mention, you could be right, it is, after all, Oklahoma.

usa

#6 Feb 16, 2012
anneutral wrote:
The so-called personhood bill was pushed by Delegate Bob Marshall, a Republican and ardent Catholic who opposes abortions for anyone — and any birth control that takes effect after conception.
Asked once about abortions in the case of incest, Marshall replied that sometimes the incest was voluntary.
“The woman becomes a sin-bearer of the crime, because the right of a child predominates over the embarrassment of the woman,” he said.
really?!?!?!?!?!
dear, from reading your posts, no one would ever know that
there are blinder-wearing fanatics on both sides of EVERY issue.

the priests views are NO MORE idiotic than the far left's view. killing a dolphin is a heinous act, but, killing an unborn is not ONLY a perfectly reasonable choice, but a DEMANDED RIGHT.

really??????????

usa

#7 Feb 16, 2012
anneutral wrote:
<quoted text>
as for the cash-cow you mention, you could be right, it is, after all, Oklahoma.
that wasn't me

usa

#8 Feb 16, 2012
anneutral wrote:
<quoted text>
however, i would have given you an elitist -sshole icon if one was available.

"it is oklahoma"?????

really????

“your life is great”

you poop in clean water

#9 Feb 16, 2012
carey529 wrote:
<quoted text>
the priests views are NO MORE idiotic than the far left's view. killing a dolphin is a heinous act, but, killing an unborn is not ONLY a perfectly reasonable choice, but a DEMANDED RIGHT.
really??????????
my "really?!?!?!" was in regards to this comment

Marshall replied that sometimes the incest was voluntary.

“your life is great”

you poop in clean water

#10 Feb 16, 2012
carey529 wrote:
<quoted text>
however, i would have given you an elitist -sshole icon if one was available.
"it is oklahoma"?????
really????
yes.
really?!?!?!
have you been to Oklahoma?

(it was however meant in jest, perhaps you need to switch to decaf. Have a great day!)
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#11 Feb 16, 2012
This is how abortion will be dealt with, one state at a time. Want to kill your unbborn child? Move somewhere else.

“your life is great”

you poop in clean water

#12 Feb 16, 2012
carey529 wrote:
<quoted text>
really??????????
I am not disagreeing with you.
(I happen to feel very strongly about women's rights, and a government, ANY government that will tell a woman what she can, or cannot do with her reproductive system is suspect to me. I don't always agree with Obama (see infinite unemployment compensation), but on this I do; if a woman wants to take contraceptives, she shouldn't be questioned about it, and it should be provided through her healthcare program, no matter who "pays the premium")
that being said, get this...... I made that "in Oklahoma" statement without the full picture, it turns out that although aborting a fetus that was conceived through incest is no longer allowed, actually HAVING an incestuous relationship is a criminal offense.
so it begs the question, will they imprison people that are guilty of incest?
what about the child? wanted or unwanted, it's parents will be in jail, so who becomes guardian?

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#13 Feb 16, 2012
Note to self:
Never vacation in Oklahoma.

I wonder if they'll ever
build schools there to help
those poor, stupid, inbred.
So sad.

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#15 Feb 16, 2012
x0x0x wrote:
Note to self:
Never vacation in Oklahoma.
I wonder if they'll ever
build schools there to help
those poor, stupid, inbred.
So sad.
Coming from a poor, stupid, inbred such as yourself, so funny.
Responsibility

South San Francisco, CA

#16 Feb 16, 2012
Oh dear, those opponents to "big government" and those who harrumph "freedom" etc. are once again stepping on womens rights and into our bedrooms.

Poor republicants - their hypocrisy is showing!

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#17 Feb 16, 2012
anneutral wrote:
really?!?!?!?!?!
That would make all birth control pills illegal. Yet the morons on this forum keep trying to claim that Republicans are not trying to outlaw birth control pills.

Deltona Fla

#18 Feb 16, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
This is how abortion will be dealt with, one state at a time. Want to kill your unbborn child? Move somewhere else.
Why is that every time the Right wants to trample your constitutional rights they start talking about states rights?

Deltona Fla

#19 Feb 16, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
Why don't you move somewhere where it is already illegal.

“your life is great”

you poop in clean water

#20 Feb 16, 2012
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>That would make all birth control pills illegal. Yet the morons on this forum keep trying to claim that Republicans are not trying to outlaw birth control pills.
I'm no Obama fan, but he's right about this.
it's a scary thing when an elected official forces his religious beliefs into law.
Leo

Tulsa, OK

#21 Feb 16, 2012
I am no fan of abortion but there are other ramifications of this plan. If the featus is legally a person the moment the first cells divide, all miscarrages no matter how early on would be considered legal deaths of a human. Funeral laws would kick in requiring that any miscarrage even if it is one day after fertilization would require a fill funeral with a casket. You could take out insurance on a fertilize egg and if it did go to term, collect even if it passed a day after fertilization. If the failed preganancy were to be the result of something caused by the mom or another person such as a fall or by smoking, then that would cause a murder charge to be generated.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Representative Mary Fallin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Oklahoma advances measure to revoke licenses of... Apr 24 FancyButtPirate 3
News Oklahoma takes action on fracking-related earth... Mar '16 goonsquad 12
News GOP candidate Donald Trump returns to Oklahoma Feb '16 WarForOil 3
News Bills to rein in Oklahoma tax subsidies face op... Feb '16 Austin 1
News Oklahoma earthquakes raise calls for restrictio... Jan '16 Goonsquad 44
News At least 11 die from Texas tornadoes, 13 in Mid... Dec '15 Xstain Mullah Aroma 1
News Texas cleans up after extreme weather leaves at... Dec '15 Xstain Mullah Aroma 1
More from around the web