A more civil State of the Union

A more civil State of the Union

There are 14 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Jan 25, 2011, titled A more civil State of the Union. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

Matched in bipartisan pairings and eager to spotlight a softer side of Congress, lawmakers showed off their best behavior Tuesday as they bowed, sometimes awkwardly, to recent calls for a more civil political discourse.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

BJS

Huntingdon Valley, PA

#1 Jan 25, 2011
So they sat together! That won't mean a damn thing in the days, weeks, years to come. Paul Broun was tweeting during, and after Nancy Pelosi went right back to her slamming the GOP ways. By the way does anyone else feel the irresistible urge to jam screwdrivers in your ears, and let crows peck at your eyes whenever she opens her mouth? Maybe it's just me but this changes nothing!
LOL

Tampa, FL

#2 Jan 25, 2011
Of course obama wants everyone to play nice and hold down the strong criticism, harsh name calling and heated rhetoric, the kind he used during his election and for the first 2 years in office.......

he's now starting his campaign for re-election and doesn't want his old tactics used against him....
Deece

Renton, WA

#3 Jan 25, 2011
BJS wrote:
So they sat together! That won't mean a damn thing in the days, weeks, years to come. Paul Broun was tweeting during, and after Nancy Pelosi went right back to her slamming the GOP ways. By the way does anyone else feel the irresistible urge to jam screwdrivers in your ears, and let crows peck at your eyes whenever she opens her mouth? Maybe it's just me but this changes nothing!
LMAO-oh god I agree with you on pelosi! during the speech I was relieved to not have to watch her bounce up and down like shes on a hippity hop kids toy every time obama speaks. That woman needs to go far far away and shut the hell up!

pelosis most famous line for me "just pass obama care then we will tell you whats in it"...

seriously-how did this woman get a job in politics? The epitomy of elitist liberalism!
Arnold Swartziniger

York, PA

#4 Jan 26, 2011
Deece wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO-oh god I agree with you on pelosi! during the speech I was relieved to not have to watch her bounce up and down like shes on a hippity hop kids toy every time obama speaks. That woman needs to go far far away and shut the hell up!
pelosis most famous line for me "just pass obama care then we will tell you whats in it"...
seriously-how did this woman get a job in politics? The epitomy of elitist liberalism!
Agree, but please remember, she IS from CA..."Land of Fruits and Nuts"! Does that help your thinking processes??? Name I used was rejected, had to remove one (1) "G"...OMG!!!
orv

York, PA

#5 Jan 26, 2011
Like a marriage- u can't live with them and u can't live without them!
Wake Up America

Mount Laurel, NJ

#6 Jan 26, 2011
We could all kiss each others assess all day long and it wouldn't have stopped the Tuscon nut.
BJS

Reading, PA

#7 Jan 26, 2011
Deece wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO-oh god I agree with you on pelosi! during the speech I was relieved to not have to watch her bounce up and down like shes on a hippity hop kids toy every time obama speaks. That woman needs to go far far away and shut the hell up!
pelosis most famous line for me "just pass obama care then we will tell you whats in it"...
seriously-how did this woman get a job in politics? The epitomy of elitist liberalism!
I watched her interview after the State of the Union, and she said how we have to start getting along bla bla bla. Then the very next sentence was "but we can't do anything if the republicans keep being the party of no"! WTF the BIT@H just we have to start being nice to eachother. That was just the start though it was followed by her usual dumb comment. When asked about why the president didn't address "Gay Marriage" her response...."I don't know anything about that subject, but the president did a good job in saying we have to come together." I swear she is dumb as a box of rocks!
Teabagger

York, PA

#8 Jan 26, 2011
The guy is a socialist product of affirmative action and has no leadership qualities whatsoever. Anybody who used cocaine should not be commander in chief of our armed forces. I would love to have all the documents unsealed that probably show how he used his citizenry status to get a free ride to law school. Not my president.
BJS

Reading, PA

#9 Jan 26, 2011
Also did you notice how Obama said about putting a stop to earmarks? The republicans wanted to ban them and the dems and Obama said NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Now we might want to do something about them? Thats just so they can try to take credit for the idea.
Deece

Renton, WA

#10 Jan 26, 2011
BJS wrote:
<quoted text>I watched her interview after the State of the Union, and she said how we have to start getting along bla bla bla. Then the very next sentence was "but we can't do anything if the republicans keep being the party of no"! WTF the BIT@H just we have to start being nice to eachother. That was just the start though it was followed by her usual dumb comment. When asked about why the president didn't address "Gay Marriage" her response...."I don't know anything about that subject, but the president did a good job in saying we have to come together." I swear she is dumb as a box of rocks!
You know that pelosi is just torn to pieces that she isn't sitting behind the president on TV! The job to her was purely an elitist ego booster! What is she going to do at parties now?

I hate pelosi-and her saying that the GOP is the party of no? I heard that too-and thought to myself the truth of the situation! Everyone knows how her idea of "working together" is to have the GOP and others simply step aside as she cuts a wide swath thru our constitutional rights!
Deece

Renton, WA

#11 Jan 26, 2011
obamas speech was about spending now and looking far into the future for the results.

Basically-give him the money to expand the govt ad create a country completely reliant on govt and only govt! Let the govt decide what is best for you-let them decide what light bulbs you HAVE to buy-etc.

This is a rewrite of his old speeches and a commitment to not changing his agenda no matter how hard the american people send a message that we don't want his BS agendas!
Mothra

Portland, OR

#12 Jan 26, 2011
BJS wrote:
Also did you notice how Obama said about putting a stop to earmarks? The republicans wanted to ban them and the dems and Obama said NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Now we might want to do something about them? Thats just so they can try to take credit for the idea.
Yep... Obama is a good follower.

Two weeks after Congressman Darrel Issa called on business leaders for advice on government regulations that were hampering their businesses, Obama announced a 'review' of federal regulations that affect the economy.
Deece

Renton, WA

#13 Jan 26, 2011
BJS wrote:
Also did you notice how Obama said about putting a stop to earmarks? The republicans wanted to ban them and the dems and Obama said NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Now we might want to do something about them? Thats just so they can try to take credit for the idea.
He wants to put a stop to them now that he has no control over the house of reps!

He is so obvious isn't he? Earmarks were GREAT when they wanted to force their agenda on the american people!
Spacegrass

United States

#14 Jan 26, 2011
Teabagger wrote:
The guy is a socialist product of affirmative action and has no leadership qualities whatsoever. Anybody who used cocaine should not be commander in chief of our armed forces. I would love to have all the documents unsealed that probably show how he used his citizenry status to get a free ride to law school. Not my president.
"Anybody who used cocaine should not be commander in chief of our armed forces."

Well, this will be 12 years running with a Commander In Chief who snorted coke. Personally, I don't care. Neither one is/was qualified to run a lemonade stand, much less a country - regardless of the drug use.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mark Udall Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News For Obama, golf is an escape, even when he brin... Aug 28 American_Infidel 58
News Avoiding the Trump Trap on Immigration Jul '15 Jesus Latter Day ... 13
News Tom Steyer, billionaire environmentalist, calls... Jun '15 Satan Pickets 1
News Can Republicans Repeat an Upset in Colorado? May '15 Le Jimbo 1
News Self-Inflicted Wounds: Phony 'War on Women' Fal... May '15 Responsibility 4
News Gary Hart apologizes to Cory Gardner for barbs ... May '15 Holy Silicon Wafer 1
News Poll: Paul best GOP bet in three swing states a... Apr '15 E Warren the Weasel 1
More from around the web