Udall, Bennet to participate in 'Nat'l Call-in Day to Extend U.I. Benefits'

Nov 13, 2010 Full story: Examiner.com

As part of the national campaign asking members of Congress to extend unemployment benefits, many efforts are underway, spearheaded byvarious organizations.A It is very important for all unemployed - including, but not limited to the 99ers who have already exhausted all of their benefits.

Full Story
KWiedemer

Denver, CO

#1 Nov 16, 2010
Denver Unemployment Examiner said...
Bennet: unfunded tax cuts for the rich OK, but U.I. extensions must be paid for.

Call Senator Bennet 1-888-245-0215 and ask him who's side he's on.

Yesterday,(Nov 14) Michael Bennet appeared as the guest on KUSA/Channel 9's 'Your Show' in Denver.
When asked where he stands on S3706, the bill to provide 20 additional weeks of U.I. benefits to the (99ers) long-term, the Senator said,

"I don't believe that people are not looking for work because they're on unemployment insurance. He went on, "The last thing that we want to do for our recovery is have a whole buch of people that, as a woman said to me the other day who came into my office, said,'I'm going to be living under a bridge if we don't figure out how to resolve this'."

Then he said this:

"My interest in all of these things is also to make sure we pay for them as we do it because of the deficit and debt issues.

Conversely, he would support a 1-yr extension of the Bush tax cuts - WITHOUT paying for it.

I would ask Senator Bennet whose side is he on? Is he interested in providing help to the middle class who are rapidly becoming homeless and unable to feed their families, or is he interested in helping the rich get richer by extending tax cuts at a cost of $70 billion per year - without paying for it?

What are your thoughts? Please give them to Michael Bennet, Mark Udall and other members of Congress (1-888-245-0215)

on.http://www.examiner.com/une mployment-in-denver/michael-be nnet-talks-about-extending-u-i -benefits-for-99ers

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mark Udall Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election results sobering for gay-rights movement Nov 8 Wondering 76
The Worst Political Calculation the Democrats M... Nov 7 ronnie 2
Election Leaves Immigration Advocates Frustrate... Nov 5 wild child 5
Ahead Of Election, Latino Voters See Immigratio... Nov 5 ronnie 2
ObamaCare Returns as an Election Albatross Nov 4 Even Steven 86
Why U.S. green groups are talking about abortio... Nov 1 Le Duped 10
Can Democrats hold the Senate by running away f... Oct 30 Le Jimbo 24

Mark Udall People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE