New York Rep. Christopher Lee resigns...

New York Rep. Christopher Lee resigns after Craigslist scandal

There are 10 comments on the El Paso Times story from Feb 10, 2011, titled New York Rep. Christopher Lee resigns after Craigslist scandal. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

In this image provided by the U.S. House of Representatives, Rep. Christopher Lee, R-N.Y., is seen in Washington.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

My2cents

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Feb 10, 2011
Thank god republicans took the house back over. I was afraid the godless democrats were going to impose their liberal values upon the entire country!
Chip

El Paso, TX

#2 Feb 10, 2011

Decency is what Republicans preach and he
did the right thing on damage control. No
reason to air your dirty personal laundry
in public.

Other Congressional members have done worse
and still serving. Though he wouldn't have
been in danger of losing the seat, this
story will be out of peoples mind soon.

His replacement will be another Republican
by reason of the party usually replacing
with another of the same party. Good rule
the party can start with fresh leadership
and hopefully a willingness to work.

Red In The Face

Alto, NM

#3 Feb 10, 2011
Doesn't matter which side they come from.... most politicians are one sorry lot.
allenall

Willoughby, OH

#4 Feb 10, 2011
He is the first Republican official to immediately step down when confronted with his hypocrisy. Many Democrats have left immediately left office when confronted by these kinds of facts but few, very few Republicans have. From Louisiana Senator Vitter doing diaper play with prostitutes, the Carolina Governor with a South American sweetie, to the wide stance in the airport restroom, etc. etc. etc. This Representative may have strayed from his professed moral bounds but still has higher morals than the rest.
vpv

Dallas, TX

#5 Feb 11, 2011
heres a clue don't show your face !!!! your such a dumb as you needed to resign
Grouchy One

Kenly, NC

#6 Feb 11, 2011
It never ceases to amaze me that people who think they are smart enough to run for public offices aren't smart enough to know that anything you put on line can, and undoubtedly will, come back to haunt you.
what thah

El Paso, TX

#7 Feb 11, 2011
Remind me again what Family Values mean.
The Red Baron

Cheswick, PA

#8 Feb 11, 2011
hot dog hot dog hot diggity dog!

don't hate because he's in shape
elephant ears

Brooksville, FL

#9 Feb 11, 2011
What a shame. He stood a chance of running alongside Michele Bachmann or Sarah Palin in the 2012 Presidential race.
All are the same

El Paso, TX

#10 Feb 11, 2011
All politicians have dirty laundry Republicans and Democrats their all a bunch of BS. They are only their to server themselve and not the people that voted for them. So please this is not new how many more are doing the same thing he did but have yet to be caught in the act so get over it and get down to business.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mark Souder Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Indiana's Pence passes up presidential bid, fut... (May '15) Dec '15 Bisexuality is cool 13
News La. congressman rebuffs calls for his resignation (Apr '14) Oct '14 Swedenforever 24
News GOP rival hopes to end Indiana Sen. Lugar's career (May '12) May '12 JohnInLa 1
News New Sarah Palin tell-all biography tells us mor... (Sep '11) Sep '11 RayOne 19
News Glick chosen next state Senator (Dec '10) Dec '10 concerned 1
News GOP's Souder latest politician with sex troubles (May '10) Nov '10 Enforce FARA 18
News A lot at stake in November election (Sep '10) Sep '10 pythias07 1
More from around the web