Inside the Mind of Mark Foley

Sep 9, 2009 Full story: lezgetreal.com 24

Remember former Congressman Mark Foley, the Florida Rep who resigned after sending lurid Internet messages to teen-aged male pages working on Capitol Hill? Well Foley has found has found new a gig as a talk radio host in Florida. Foley taped his first “Inside the Mind of Mark Foley” show Tuesday and it will begin airing Sept. 22 on WSVU in North Palm Beach. The station says Foley will explore the inner workings of Washington. The first hour-long episode was an interview with Foley by the station manager. But as Foley gets comfortable, his producer said the show would go live, take calls, and have guests. Foley resigned his House seat in 2006 after being confronted with spicy e-mails and instant messages he sent to underage congressional pages as he was trying to explore a different kind of Washington inner workings.

Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jan 08

Bangkok, Thailand

#3 Sep 9, 2009
What wrote:
Fully half of openly homosexual Congressmen have gotten into trouble with under age pages. Barney Frank got caught letting his homosexual 'partner' run a homosexual prostitution business out of his office.
That makes it pretty difficult to say that homsoexuals (sic) are just like everyone else!
Can you back your statement with actual facts, or are you just quoting your Bible thumping talibagelical? Of course there is no heterosexual misconduct, just finding "soul mates" etc. The fact is the human being is not programmed to be faithful, and indiscretions on all sides of the aisle will continue to happen. Perhaps it's not very pretty, but it's human nature.
Spider

Alpharetta, GA

#4 Sep 9, 2009
For *anyone* to try making a living in South Florida selling real estate is a lost cause. Mr. Foley did the right thing going into radio.

Maybe his radio show will displace one of those vile religious hate shows and make the airwaves more tolerable.

“Trolls, the canker sores of”

Since: Jul 07

the internet.

#6 Sep 9, 2009
Mark Foley has a mind?

“The Buybull is innerrrent.”

Since: Jun 08

Kempton, PA

#7 Sep 9, 2009
>Mark Foley, the Florida Rep who resigned after sending lurid Internet messages to teen-aged male pages....as Foley gets comfortable, his producer said the show would go live, take calls, and have guests....

What, he won't be exchanging IMs with the listeners? Some of them are bound to be males under 18, after all.

“Want to protect marriage?”

Since: Nov 08

Then BAN DIVORCE!

#8 Sep 9, 2009
What wrote:
Fully half of openly homosexual Congressmen have gotten into trouble with under age pages. Barney Frank got caught letting his homosexual 'partner' run a homosexual prostitution business out of his office.
That makes it pretty difficult to say that homsoexuals are just like everyone else!
Considering the recent track record of heterosexual congressmen, I find your accusation hilarious.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#10 Sep 9, 2009
Maybe he'll have Joe Wilson from SC on. Or maybe Duvall from CA.

Since: Sep 08

Rochester, NY

#11 Sep 9, 2009
DNF wrote:
Maybe he'll have Joe Wilson from SC on. Or maybe Duvall from CA.
Or have a book interview with the Haggarts. Why, the "family values" crowd could keep his talk show going for years.LOL

“Son of Abraham”

Since: Aug 07

Natural Deviant

#12 Sep 9, 2009
"Inner workings of DC", in other words "how to get teen-aged boy pages in bed".
Short Left Index Finger

Georgetown, Canada

#14 Sep 10, 2009
OK then wrote:
<quoted text>Fully half of openly homosexual Congressmen have gotten into trouble with under age pages. Barney Frank got caught letting his homosexual 'partner' run a homosexual prostitution business out of his office.
That makes it pretty difficult to say that homsoexuals are just like everyone else!
I believe that your talking about male sexuality.

“SCOTUS will Rule in June for”

Since: Aug 08

MARRIAGE EQUALITY:-)

#15 Sep 10, 2009
It appears that our Pekin, IL troll David Moore has found a way to not show up from Pekin anymore......but HE is still the same misguided soul nevertheless.

Since: Sep 09

Long Island, NY

#16 Sep 10, 2009
Rose T-H wrote:
It appears that our Pekin, IL troll David Moore has found a way to not show up from Pekin anymore......but HE is still the same misguided soul nevertheless.
Yes, David has learned a new computer trick!!
So far today his ISP is Amen, France.
Just keep flagging & reporting. He'll get banned again.
Good day to you and yours.
barry

Rainsville, AL

#17 Sep 10, 2009
Dubya wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you back your statement with actual facts, or are you just quoting your Bible thumping talibagelical? Of course there is no heterosexual misconduct, just finding "soul mates" etc. The fact is the human being is not programmed to be faithful, and indiscretions on all sides of the aisle will continue to happen. Perhaps it's not very pretty, but it's human nature.
i think the issue was involvement with those who were "underage". now let's give a 10% gay population and what then are the percentages of heterosexuals in congress being involved in underage relationships as opposed to gay members of congress? indiscretions are different than obsessions.

“Marriage=Love+Co mmitment.....”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#18 Sep 10, 2009
barry wrote:
<quoted text>i think the issue was involvement with those who were "underage". now let's give a 10% gay population and what then are the percentages of heterosexuals in congress being involved in underage relationships as opposed to gay members of congress? indiscretions are different than obsessions.
Considering he did not actually have a sexual relationship with any, it was inappropriate messages we are talking about, we would have to ask all the pages if they got any inappropriate messages from their boss, and we are not likely to find that out from them. If we add in all the employees of congress that have had inappropriate actual sexual contact, I think we would be shocked at the number.
Straight misconduct just seems to be easier to hide.

Location hidden

#19 Sep 10, 2009

Since: Sep 09

Long Island, NY

#20 Sep 10, 2009
LindaS wrote:
http://www.crewsmostcorrupt.or g/report
Thanks, LindaS!!
Very interesting and good reference material.
barry

Rainsville, AL

#21 Sep 10, 2009
LindaS wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering he did not actually have a sexual relationship with any, it was inappropriate messages we are talking about, we would have to ask all the pages if they got any inappropriate messages from their boss, and we are not likely to find that out from them. If we add in all the employees of congress that have had inappropriate actual sexual contact, I think we would be shocked at the number.
Straight misconduct just seems to be easier to hide.
actually it was the pages who outted him and yes there have been other issues involving pages in the past. a secret is not secure if it involves another person. but the true percentages will show who has a problem with obsession. they also will show which party takes responsibility to purge its self.

Location hidden

#24 Sep 10, 2009
barry wrote:
<quoted text>actually it was the pages who outted him and yes there have been other issues involving pages in the past. a secret is not secure if it involves another person. but the true percentages will show who has a problem with obsession. they also will show which party takes responsibility to purge its self.
In this particular instance it was the page who talked, but how many of them don't tell? You don't know.
The other link I provided makes it pretty clear which party needs to clean their house, as 2/3 of the mot corrupt had an 'R' by their name.

“Son of Abraham”

Since: Aug 07

Natural Deviant

#25 Sep 10, 2009
barry wrote:
<quoted text>actually it was the pages who outted him and yes there have been other issues involving pages in the past. a secret is not secure if it involves another person. but the true percentages will show who has a problem with obsession. they also will show which party takes responsibility to purge its self.
Newsflash, Bubba, a Topix sexuality poll had only 20% of guys being totally straight so the number of guys who are either curious or willing to go there is about 80%. btw, 20% reported being totally gay. I did the math the other day and based on the numbers reported by the University of GA with a study done on totally straight men then the number isn't 20% but 8.5% of men being "totally straight".
barry

Rainsville, AL

#26 Sep 10, 2009
McMike wrote:
<quoted text>
Newsflash, Bubba, a Topix sexuality poll had only 20% of guys being totally straight so the number of guys who are either curious or willing to go there is about 80%. btw, 20% reported being totally gay. I did the math the other day and based on the numbers reported by the University of GA with a study done on totally straight men then the number isn't 20% but 8.5% of men being "totally straight".
yea right. a topix poll?
barry

Rainsville, AL

#27 Sep 10, 2009
LindaS wrote:
<quoted text>
In this particular instance it was the page who talked, but how many of them don't tell? You don't know.
The other link I provided makes it pretty clear which party needs to clean their house, as 2/3 of the mot corrupt had an 'R' by their name.
you used a crew website and i'll admit they are fun to read and corruption on any side should be exposed and terminated. however crew does have a rather selective agenda which seems to be, attack those with relationships to big business, healthcare, drug companies, war etc. they don't seem to want the same information about enviromental groups, labor unions, etc. i did notice that harry ried's name was not on the list. they didn't seem to interested in senator obama when he pushed through abig earmark for the hospital she worked for and then she got a big raise. no interest there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mark Foley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Congressment Foley discusses prostate ca... (Sep '11) Jun '14 Llewellyn 15
News McCallister: first D.C. sex scandal to include ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 inbred Genius 12
News The tricky art of surviving scandal (Jan '14) Jan '14 Le Jimbo 24
News Gay Republicans party at 'Homocon' (Aug '12) Aug '12 JohnInToronto 6
News Coalition Of African-American Pastors' Founder ... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Jalene in the wild 5
News CNN's Don Lemon: 'Why Are There So Many More Ex... (Feb '12) Feb '12 BS Detector 10
News Wendi C. Thomas: Southaven Mayor Greg Davis' ad... (Dec '11) Jan '12 the local idiot 3
More from around the web