Outing Politicians: Does It Ultimatel...

Outing Politicians: Does It Ultimately Help or Hurt Us

There are 93 comments on the EDGEmiami.com News Feed story from Jun 13, 2010, titled Outing Politicians: Does It Ultimately Help or Hurt Us. In it, EDGEmiami.com News Feed reports that:

Owing to a solid record of outing closeted gay Republicans including defiled names like Larry Craig and Mark Foley, gay political blogger Mike Rogers has developed a reputation for consistency that's becoming increasingly difficult for mainstream media to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGEmiami.com News Feed.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
JRobert

United States

#83 Jun 17, 2010
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
And that is exactly what is happening: Congress is leaving the method and timing of the end of DADT up to the military.
So what exactly have you been ranting about?
But let us get back to the topic: Outing politicians.
Ah, but I haven't been ranting.

For some time now, when the subject of DADT has come up I've pretty much offered the same opinion as I gave above. That has triggered much "ranting" from those who are offended that I dare disagree with homosexual dogma.

I've already stated my position on whether forcibly outing homosexuals is a good thing. As usual, that was dragged into side channels.

“The Buybull is innerrrent.”

Since: Jun 08

King Of Prussia, PA

#84 Jun 17, 2010
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
There is plenty of anecdotal evidence supporting the opposite conclusion. They gays may be closeted and married to someone of the opposite sex, but they're still gay.
I agree, for the reasons you've cited, that openly gay people are underrepresented in Congress. The idea that so many are in the closet, ironically, would help explain the fear and cowardice when gay issues arise.
Mike Rogers has been working on outing for years. There just are not that many closet cases in Congress. These secrets are hard to keep in Washington, where everyone knows who's going to what parties or bars. Or train station restrooms, a la Craig. It really is impossible to be a public figure and keep your sexual orientaiton or activities secret. Too many people know.

So I conclude that Congress is underrepresented with respect both to openly gl Congresspersons and with respect to closet cases.

Staffers on the other hand: Heavily gay.
Rico

Guatemala City, Guatemala

#85 Jun 17, 2010
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
And that is exactly what is happening: Congress is leaving the method and timing of the end of DADT up to the military.
So what exactly have you been ranting about?
But let us get back to the topic: Outing politicians.
Yes, let's get back to the topix, This wandering always seems to happen, at first, VENTING, then Name calling, then going totally off the subject... The limited attention-span seems to dominate...

So, Outing Politicians: Does It Ultimately Help or Hurt Us?

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#87 Jun 17, 2010
more truth

&fe ature=related
Spider

Alpharetta, GA

#88 Jun 17, 2010
Rico wrote:
So, Outing Politicians: Does It Ultimately Help or Hurt Us?
It helps us. One by one; when we out a politician, it frees him to vote favorably on gay rights issues.

King Of Prussia, PA

#89 Jun 17, 2010
Vance1 wrote:
more truth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =WmmPiRGuVeYXX&feature=rel ated
stfu, you sexually disordered, racist, homophobic cretin. Amen.
Mona Lott

Lakewood, NJ

#90 Jun 19, 2010
JRobert wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Whinealot, they don't...but I'm not surprised that they're part of your vocabulary. I'm sure that your psychoanalyst has given you many insights of that nature about yourself.
I'm not surprised that you are ignorant about the process of psychoanalysis.

“I am happy”

Since: Jul 08

St. Petersburg, FL

#91 Jun 19, 2010
Vance1 wrote:
more truth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =WmmPiRGuVeYXX&feature=rel ated
What is with the gay looking lifeguard tank top?
JRobert

Waukegan, IL

#92 Jun 19, 2010
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not surprised that you are ignorant about the process of psychoanalysis.
Oh, I have no doubt that you have far more personal knowledge about the psychoanalytical process than I do, Whinealot.
Mona Lott

Lakewood, NJ

#93 Jun 19, 2010
JRobert wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I have no doubt that you have far more personal knowledge about the psychoanalytical process than I do, Whinealot.
Well of course I do. I went for psychoanalysis. You are too chicken to go.
JRobert

Waukegan, IL

#94 Jun 19, 2010
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Well of course I do. I went for psychoanalysis. You are too chicken to go.
Gee, wonder how I knew that, Whinealot?

Hey, since the first one didn't work out, maybe you should try another,

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#95 Jun 19, 2010
writewingproxycontin wrote:
<quoted text>
stfu, you sexually disordered, racist, homophobic cretin. Amen.
listen to the truth from an american

http://la-gun.com/videos/manning/

Schaumburg, IL

#96 Jun 19, 2010
Vance1 wrote:
<quoted text>
listen to the truth from an american
Hey you racist loon, I don't pay attention to spam from sexually disordered, talibangelical homophobes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mark Foley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Andrew was a monster; Irma could blow it out of... Sep 11 Team America 13
News Former House Speaker J. Dennis Hastert's indict... (Jun '15) Apr '17 Mad as Hell 45
News Obama founder of ISIS, says Trump (Aug '16) Nov '16 Chilli J 175
News Trump calls Obama 'the founder of ISIS,' claims... (Aug '16) Aug '16 southern at heart 577
News Former Congressment Foley discusses prostate ca... (Sep '11) Jan '16 Bobbie 16
News Former US House Speaker Dennis Hastert to make ... (Jun '15) Jun '15 kuda 11
News Dennis Hastert's indictment resurrects Foley sc... (Jun '15) Jun '15 goonsquad 31
More from around the web