Outing Politicians: Does It Ultimatel...

Outing Politicians: Does It Ultimately Help or Hurt Us

There are 93 comments on the EDGEmiami.com News Feed story from Jun 13, 2010, titled Outing Politicians: Does It Ultimately Help or Hurt Us. In it, EDGEmiami.com News Feed reports that:

Owing to a solid record of outing closeted gay Republicans including defiled names like Larry Craig and Mark Foley, gay political blogger Mike Rogers has developed a reputation for consistency that's becoming increasingly difficult for mainstream media to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGEmiami.com News Feed.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Frank Stanton

Saratoga Springs, NY

#1 Jun 13, 2010
All politicians lie all the time. It's their nature. And the press exposes them (or hopefully should) all the time. Exposing the truth, especially in politics, is never wrong.

I'm all in favor of exposing politicians. Let the truth be known so the voters can make an informed decision.

And remember, no matter what anybody says about this great country, we have the BEST politicians money can buy !
Frank Stanton

Omaha, NE

#2 Jun 14, 2010
All politicians lie all the time. It's their nature. And the press exposes them (or hopefully should) all the time. Exposing the truth, especially in politics, is never wrong.

I'm all in favor of exposing politicians. Let the truth be known so the voters can make an informed decision.

And remember, no matter what anybody says about this great country, we have the BEST politicians money can buy !
LOL

Tampa, FL

#3 Jun 14, 2010
Frank Stanton wrote:
well, except for obama......He gets a pass on his BS and lies from the press.
JRobert

Southbury, CT

#4 Jun 14, 2010
THE REAL STORY:

"Rogersí timing coming forward with his report on Kirkís sexuality is a direct response to Kirkís vote in opposition of the Donít Ask Donít Tell repeal compromise."

"The evidence Rogers presents in his latest outing relies on two anonymous male sources. One claims to have had sex with the Congressman during his college days. The other is a vague insinuation of same-sex attractions Rogers himself witnessed when he met Kirk at a D.C. event in 2004."

Rumors and vague insinuations of same-sex attraction in response to angering Rogers on Kirk's DADT position?

There's your answer to the question asked in the headline.

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#5 Jun 14, 2010
he's a one man hatchet squad...

“I am happy”

Since: Jul 08

St. Petersburg, FL

#6 Jun 14, 2010
Should we out bigots as being gay? Yes. Does it make it right? No.

The key thing with me is that I will have no problems with outing hypocrites that live in a facade. I get it that people are entitled to their private life, but they are not entitled to this facet once they run for public office and they are taking my tax money as their salary. They work for me, so I have a right to know everything about their lives.

Will this work against us? It is possible, but I think the republican's constituents would love to know if their candidate or someone that represents is being duplicitous with their motives.

WAW

Since: Dec 07

T.O.

#7 Jun 14, 2010
I agree with Rogers when he says it is not the being gay as much as the hypocrisy of being closeted and voting against pro LGBT issues. I can (begrudgingly) respect a straight person who votes in favour of their beliefs, but a hypocrite who votes against himself so as not to be outed, just plain vile.
rut ro rorge

Springfield, IL

#8 Jun 14, 2010
the greatwhores of babalon
Mona Lott

Cream Ridge, NJ

#9 Jun 14, 2010
OUT THEM ALL!

If being gay isn't a negative thing, why would anyone care? But that's just it, isn't it? People DO care who is gay. Some people still see it as a negative thing, and they need to be challenged as to why.

To all of you out there who are protecting anti-gay voting, closet queen politicians; every time there is a gay bashing, YOU are complicit. How can you sleep at night?
Concerned US Citizens

Denver, CO

#10 Jun 14, 2010
Our elected reps. are the ones that are truly on the front lines of protecting Our country and Our safety. We Must have Constitutional Adherence with each decision and vote that comes up before them as they serve US. We cannot afford to tolerate the treason We are seeing against this Oath.
JRobert

Bloomfield, CT

#12 Jun 14, 2010
Mona Lott wrote:
OUT THEM ALL!
If being gay isn't a negative thing, why would anyone care? But that's just it, isn't it? People DO care who is gay. Some people still see it as a negative thing, and they need to be challenged as to why.
To all of you out there who are protecting anti-gay voting, closet queen politicians; every time there is a gay bashing, YOU are complicit. How can you sleep at night?
Wouldn't have an ulterior motive, would you, Whinealot?

Am I mistaken, or are you the "iceberg effect" poster who has claimed that there are 3 to 5 times the number of closeted homosexuals as open?
Tony

Tampa, FL

#13 Jun 14, 2010
One's gay....another is a Ho.....

Clean up congress.......vote out ALL members of congress with over 2 terms in office.

These are the people that have been in charge for the last 10 20 30 40 years while the country has been in a downward spiral.....now in a rapid nose dive.
Mona Lott

Cream Ridge, NJ

#14 Jun 14, 2010
JRobert wrote:
<quoted text>
Wouldn't have an ulterior motive, would you, Whinealot?
Am I mistaken, or are you the "iceberg effect" poster who has claimed that there are 3 to 5 times the number of closeted homosexuals as open?
You are mistaken. I never posted anything to that effect.

Any more easily refuted false claims you wish to make against me?
Mona Lott

Cream Ridge, NJ

#15 Jun 14, 2010
Tony wrote:
One's gay....another is a Ho.....
Clean up congress.......vote out ALL members of congress with over 2 terms in office.
These are the people that have been in charge for the last 10 20 30 40 years while the country has been in a downward spiral.....now in a rapid nose dive.
...yawn....

Did you miss the short bus today?

“Homosapien ”

Since: Jan 07

Minneapolis

#16 Jun 14, 2010
I think "outing" is highlighting someone being dishonest and if they are a public figure that has a negative effect on the lives of people through their actions, then let's get out the highlighter.

The Craig and Foley scandals in combination with other scandals like Abramoff and Delay did hurt the republicans in that election cycle because the republicans seemed (and were) dishonest.
LOL

Tampa, FL

#17 Jun 14, 2010
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
...yawn....
Did you miss the short bus today?
you could stay awake if you didn't listen to obama's speeches.

he always puts you school kids to sleep.....

“TMA&CRR One Love One Marriage ”

Since: Sep 09

port orange

#18 Jun 14, 2010
out them if they are "anti-gay" if they aren't them leave them alone:)
Bob

Houston, TX

#19 Jun 14, 2010
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
you could stay awake if you didn't listen to obama's speeches.
he always puts you school kids to sleep.....
Too serious for you? Do you miss the last comic in power? Bush?
JRobert

Benet Lake, WI

#20 Jun 14, 2010
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
You are mistaken. I never posted anything to that effect.
Any more easily refuted false claims you wish to make against me?
There were no "false claims" and nothing to "refute." I wasn't sure if you were the one pushing the "iceberg effect" and so asked a question.

The way you misread posts, it's no wonder you whine a lot, Whinealot.

“The Buybull is innerrrent.”

Since: Jun 08

Walnutport, PA

#21 Jun 14, 2010
JRobert wrote:
Rumors and vague insinuations of same-sex attraction in response to angering Rogers on Kirk's DADT position?
There's your answer to the question asked in the headline.
This is exactly right, you braying cretin. Except that the "rumors" are perfectly true. Kirk was out for years. It was no secret.

Then he had to move right for his bigger campaign, and he started voting homophobic, something he hadn't done overly before.

Outing closet case homophobes is good because it makes it clear to creeps like Lindsay Graham and Crist and "rumored" Gov. Perry and the "rumored" Gov. of Hawaii that if they want to vote like bigots they will have to keep their private lies utterly in ice. No going to gay bars or gay vacation spots. No living with a same sex partner (HI.) No telling anyone at any time that they're gay if they have any political aspirations requiring constapo or talibangelical support.

Because being homosexual is the worst thing to talibangelicals, whether the closet case votes anti gay or not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mark Foley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former US House Speaker Dennis Hastert to make ... Jun '15 kuda 11
News Former House Speaker J. Dennis Hastert's indict... Jun '15 Abrahamanic Relig... 44
News Dennis Hastert's indictment resurrects Foley sc... Jun '15 goonsquad 31
News Former Congressment Foley discusses prostate ca... (Sep '11) Jun '14 Llewellyn 15
News McCallister: first D.C. sex scandal to include ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 inbred Genius 12
News The tricky art of surviving scandal (Jan '14) Jan '14 Le Jimbo 24
News Gay Republicans party at 'Homocon' (Aug '12) Aug '12 JohnInToronto 6
More from around the web