We think: Voters in District 16 deser...

We think: Voters in District 16 deserve better than last 2 hypo...

There are 8 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Oct 18, 2008, titled We think: Voters in District 16 deserve better than last 2 hypo.... In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Two years ago, Tim Mahoney campaigned on a promise to return morals and family values to Washington after the Mark Foley scandal involving male congressional pages.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

“Eat it or else”

Since: Oct 08

Pine Hills

#1 Oct 18, 2008
Two more jackal that stealing my money
glen

Orlando, FL

#2 Oct 18, 2008
I think we should get out of these peoples bedrooms. Unless the initial complaint includes breach on duties or public funds.
Maxfield

Orlando, FL

#3 Oct 18, 2008
glen wrote:
I think we should get out of these peoples bedrooms. Unless the initial complaint includes breach on duties or public funds.
That's a valid point and I would agree with you but: Mr. Mahoney campaigned on a family morals platform. So he has invited criticism of his lack of family morals. People shouldn't advertise anything unless they are telling the truth. He should have never asked people to vote for him based on morality unless he had some.
SentinelBlather

Clermont, FL

#4 Oct 18, 2008
Tomorrow the Sentinel will tell us they recommend Obama for President. The article will include how fair and balanced they are for chosing a republican in this race.
cre

Mission, TX

#5 Oct 18, 2008
There should have been a way to prosacute Foley, and Mahoney used a moral platform to advance his career. That being said, what bothers me the most is the Sentinel will use this "easy" opinion to show how nonbiased they are in taking a side agianst Mahoney. This "proves" how objective they really can be. Still remember how long it took the Sentinel to recognize that Edwards abused his moral platform and the Sentinel did its best to run interference for him. Did the sentinel ever report Charlie Rangel lied for years on his taxes? The sentinel protects it's own until they have no other choice, then jumps on the bandwagon to claim the higher moral ground.
Awakening Republican

Winter Park, FL

#6 Oct 18, 2008
The only people who should care about any politician's dalliances, is their spouse. Unless, of course, it's a case of a Republican trying to bang underage boys. Otherwise, let's keep any legal sexplay off limits, like it was in the good old days.
Observer

Daytona Beach, FL

#7 Oct 19, 2008
This could be said about many political races. However, the Sentinel only slams the obvious candidates. Of course, the Sentinel's endorsements carry very little weight and are made for their own benefit.
WTF

Redwood City, CA

#8 Oct 20, 2008
Is there something in the water down there?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mark Foley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Congressment Foley discusses prostate ca... (Sep '11) Jan '16 Bobbie 16
News Former US House Speaker Dennis Hastert to make ... (Jun '15) Jun '15 kuda 11
News Former House Speaker J. Dennis Hastert's indict... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Abrahamanic Relig... 44
News Dennis Hastert's indictment resurrects Foley sc... (Jun '15) Jun '15 goonsquad 31
News McCallister: first D.C. sex scandal to include ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 inbred Genius 12
News The tricky art of surviving scandal (Jan '14) Jan '14 Le Jimbo 24
News Gay Republicans party at 'Homocon' (Aug '12) Aug '12 JohnInToronto 6
More from around the web