Fla. Authorities Say They Can't Prove...

Fla. Authorities Say They Can't Prove Foley Case

There are 2 comments on the ClipSyndicate story from Sep 20, 2008, titled Fla. Authorities Say They Can't Prove Foley Case. In it, ClipSyndicate reports that:

Former U.S. Rep. Mark Foley won't face state or federal criminal charges for sending salacious computer messages to underage male pages, in part because authorities couldn't prove the authenticity of the chats.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ClipSyndicate.

Richard S

East Syracuse, NY

#2 Sep 22, 2008
Looks like Florida officials are as good in prosecuting sexual predator cases as they are in counting ballots.

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#3 Sep 22, 2008
Ok, I understand you have to "generally" have a certain amount and type of evidence - but how is he able to get off (no pun intended) while those who chat up a supposed 13 year old with a typed insinuation or intention to possibly have sex gets several years in prison and a sex offender listing for the rest of their life? I'd like to know how they're cases are prosecuted without this loop hole coming into effect?

With that said - I can't stand child molesters, pedophiles, rapist or whatever perverted and disgusting term you come up with for these type of people and I have a very strong opinion of how they should be dealt with.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mark Foley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former House Speaker J. Dennis Hastert's indict... (Jun '15) Apr 5 Mad as Hell 45
News Obama founder of ISIS, says Trump (Aug '16) Nov '16 Chilli J 175
News Trump calls Obama 'the founder of ISIS,' claims... (Aug '16) Aug '16 southern at heart 577
News Former Congressment Foley discusses prostate ca... (Sep '11) Jan '16 Bobbie 16
News Former US House Speaker Dennis Hastert to make ... (Jun '15) Jun '15 kuda 11
News Dennis Hastert's indictment resurrects Foley sc... (Jun '15) Jun '15 goonsquad 31
News McCallister: first D.C. sex scandal to include ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 inbred Genius 12
More from around the web