Black lawmakers want to limit new eth...

Black lawmakers want to limit new ethics office

There are 28 comments on the Kansas City Star story from Jun 2, 2010, titled Black lawmakers want to limit new ethics office. In it, Kansas City Star reports that:

Stung by a series of inquiries, nearly half the members of the Congressional Black Caucus want to scale back the aggressive ethics procedures that Democrats trumpeted after gaining control of Congress.Rep. Marcia Fudge, D-Ohio, and 19 fellow black lawmakers in the all-Democratic caucus quietly introduced a resolution last week that would restrict ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Kansas City Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Stop the madness

United States

#1 Jun 2, 2010
Wow, eight black caucus members being investigated means the ethics office has too much power..not that those members (such as Rangel)need to be investigated. Democrat, Marcia Fudge (what a fitting name) and her 19 other black co-horts want any investigations hidden from the public. Another group to be voted out. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.
pigmen

United States

#2 Jun 2, 2010
nixon thought it was a good idea.....what the heck give it a try
Last Laugh 321

Methuen, MA

#3 Jun 2, 2010
So lemme get dis straight. The brothers and sisters can't keep der chit together and keep getting busted dey wanna shut down ethics investigations? Yeh, dats a great idea. Dat way dey can get away with anything dey want (not like dey haven't been gettin away wit it all along)...HAHAHA!
JRobert

Waukegan, IL

#15 Jun 2, 2010
"What the hell do they think they're doing, investigating us? I thought they were supposed to investigate the people on the other side."

Since: Apr 10

Glendale, AZ

#18 Jun 2, 2010
That's pretty sad when you realize that 20% of the Black Caucus has been investigated for ethics violations.
Possum Souffle

Deer Park, TX

#25 Jun 2, 2010
Why don't they just yell RACISM and that will be the end of any ethics procedures.

Since: Jun 09

Scrotum, Idaho

#26 Jun 2, 2010
They from Illinois - or perhaps Chicago?

Since: Dec 07

Clermont, Florida

#27 Jun 2, 2010
And it's even sadder when they say they want to limit the Ethics Office investigations. I think that tells us that they plan to continue with their unethical behaviors and they don't want to be held accountable for anything.

Nice. Wonder what the president has to say about this.
Mark

Broken Arrow, OK

#29 Jun 2, 2010
The public should know about these corrupt representatives and there scandals. Rangle and others need to pay there taxes.

“"Beau-Se'ant”

Since: Jan 09

Manchester

#30 Jun 2, 2010
We're talking about people who evade their taxes, and members of Congress who traveled to Cuba to call Che Guevera and Castro a hero.

These members of the black caucus have the ethical underpinnings of a junkyard rat.

Scrotum, Idaho

#31 Jun 2, 2010
Dismayed wrote:
Nice. Wonder what the president has to say about this.
I'm sure Obama will read a very stern speech off his teleprompter.

And then put Rod Blogojevich in charge of all ethics investigations.

“Bounce Barry in 12, Dems in 10”

Since: Mar 08

AZ, Sonoran Desert

#33 Jun 2, 2010
Lol. Vote for Dems, they're SO much more ethical than the corrupt Republicans. :)

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Since: Jan 08

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#34 Jun 2, 2010
Telstar wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure Obama will read a very stern speech off his teleprompter.
And then put Rod Blogojevich in charge of all ethics investigations.
Naah, he's learned from Palin how much more professional it is to just write notes on your hand.

PALIN TIP ONE: Try to hide the notes on hand

PALIN TIP TWO: If you make a mistake, ignore tip one. Don't rub out old word, just scribble over, and add more notes to hand, hence easier to spot by audience and interviewer.

PALIn TIP THREE: Try to hide the notes on hand
BPT

United States

#35 Jun 2, 2010
it`s pretty rare to see the main stream media point out how money and monkey lovers quarrel behind the scenes. This is refreshing.

Scrotum, Idaho

#36 Jun 2, 2010
OneRyder wrote:
<quoted text>

he's learned from Palin how much more professional it is to just write notes on your hand.
Obammy's learned something? Maybe there's a little hope for him yet.

And he could write notes on Michelle's ass.

Hell, he could write a best-seller there and still have room to spare.
Flush DC

Bronx, NY

#37 Jun 2, 2010
Can't you just hear them....."Dey bees wacists". We need to flush the entire US Congress, a wholly owned subsidiary of Israel, and divide the country into ethnically oriented Republics. These fine black legislators can then rule their own people - we'll try to make do without them. Is revolution the solution? I know, dumb question.
cover up

Pulaski, TN

#38 Jun 2, 2010
So, I guess this means that they want Black lawmakers to be exempt from ethics investigations and if they are investigated the ones doing the probe can't publish findings of any wrong doing?

That's certainly convenient.

“Bounce Barry in 12, Dems in 10”

Since: Mar 08

AZ, Sonoran Desert

#39 Jun 2, 2010
OneRyder wrote:
<quoted text>
Naah, he's learned from Palin how much more professional it is to just write notes on your hand.
PALIN TIP ONE: Try to hide the notes on hand
PALIN TIP TWO: If you make a mistake, ignore tip one. Don't rub out old word, just scribble over, and add more notes to hand, hence easier to spot by audience and interviewer.
PALIn TIP THREE: Try to hide the notes on hand
Nice try, but even you must be able to see the difference between making a few short notes to remind you to hit all the points you wanted to, and not being able to speak without having the whole text to read in front of you. Especially when the big advantage of BO is that he's supposed to be such a flipping erudite genius...why, he wrote two works of literature about himself!:)
ibuttt itchink

Phoenix, AZ

#40 Jun 2, 2010
black n white now da Obamaxican'tea :-0000
Bill

United States

#41 Jun 3, 2010
PATHETIC!

They do no good for their race.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Representative Marcia Fudge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Quiz: Do you know your news? Aug 7 Hostis Publicus 13
News Black women take over top spots for Democratic ... Jul '16 Oh No You Di-nt 2
News Rendell says Wasserman Schultz shouldn't take t... Jul '16 Captain Yesterday 28
News Florida congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz ... Jul '16 NoClinton 1
News Cleveland protests erupt after officer found no... (May '15) May '15 Cat74 116
News Members shiver for prime speech spots (Jan '15) Jan '15 Charlie McQuanne 3
News Democrat Support for Amnesty Threatens Their Mo... (Aug '14) Nov '14 Be_Real_Fool 9
More from around the web