DHS grants 180-day delay

DHS grants 180-day delay

There are 17 comments on the www.saipantribune.com story from Apr 1, 2009, titled DHS grants 180-day delay. In it, www.saipantribune.com reports that:

They asked for it and they got it. Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano yesterday announced the June 1 start date to the federalization law will be delayed by 180 days-the maximum amount allowed by law-until Nov.

Another 180 days of business as usual. than what?

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.saipantribune.com.

Since: Dec 06

Chicago IL

#1 Apr 1, 2009
Enforcement of immigration laws must be first.
180 days is a lot of time to hide out.

Since: Apr 08

Dallas, Texas

#2 Apr 1, 2009
Radical Tim, did you read the article? this has to do with Guam.
Exactly

Littleton, CO

#3 Apr 1, 2009
RadicalTim wrote:
Enforcement of immigration laws must be first.
180 days is a lot of time to hide out.
I know what you mean Tim.
ufunny

Cincinnati, OH

#4 Apr 1, 2009
Summermoondancer wrote:
Radical Tim, did you read the article? this has to do with Guam.
Maybe Tim is from Guam?.

Maybe those are the illegals he has a fight with?.

Dallas, Texas

#5 Apr 1, 2009
ufunny, nope more likely he didnīt read the article considering it is not even about illegal immigrants but on exempt countries that are on the list to visit Guam. Sounds like you didnīt read it either.

Chicago IL

#7 Apr 2, 2009
Summermoondancer wrote:
ufunny, nope more likely he didnīt read the article considering it is not even about illegal immigrants but on exempt countries that are on the list to visit Guam. Sounds like you didnīt read it either.
I respect what you post aw a editor please do not attack me.......

Chicago IL

#8 Apr 2, 2009
ufunny wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe Tim is from Guam?.
Maybe those are the illegals he has a fight with?.
These are immigration reform threads......

Dallas, Texas

#9 Apr 2, 2009
Radical Tim, I am also an editor...as editors we are supposed to read the article first before we comment on it. I was pointing out that you probably didnīt because your comment had nothing to do with the article whatsoever. It isnīt an attack it is pointing out a fact. I also respect what you post, but I have not disrespected you.
The article is about Guam, it is about countries that visit Guam and they do so with an exempt visa status...countries like England. It really had very little to do with immigration reform in the USA.

Chicago IL

#10 Apr 3, 2009
Summermoondancer wrote:
Radical Tim, I am also an editor...as editors we are supposed to read the article first before we comment on it. I was pointing out that you probably didnīt because your comment had nothing to do with the article whatsoever. It isnīt an attack it is pointing out a fact. I also respect what you post, but I have not disrespected you.
The article is about Guam, it is about countries that visit Guam and they do so with an exempt visa status...countries like England. It really had very little to do with immigration reform in the USA.
Please do ''NOT'' attack me on these threads.
I read your statement the first time.

Dallas, Texas

#11 Apr 3, 2009
Tim, how have I attacked you? please elaborate...I havenīt attacked you that is just silly.

Chicago IL

#12 Apr 3, 2009
Three similar statements .I don't think it's funny.
Were are you posted frorums?

Dallas, Texas

#13 Apr 3, 2009
Tim you accused me of attacking you which is a lie..now show where I have attacked you? I post on several forums, but I am an editor of three forums...it doesnīt make a person more special than other posters...in fact we have a higher standard and at the very least should make sure that we stay on topic.

Chicago IL

#14 Apr 3, 2009
Post#2
post#9
Post#5
If you have any thing to say please say it once,,..Tim

Dallas, Texas

#15 Apr 3, 2009
2 is not an attack it is informing you the article had nothing to do with your comment...asking you if you read it is not an attack on you it is a question.

5 is informing another poster of what the article is actually about and pointing out the obvious it is not an attack on you.

9 is pointing out the obvious that we should be reading the articles as editors before we comment on them...it isnīt an attack. Nowhere have I attacked you personally...I pointed out the obvious...
Dallas

Littleton, CO

#16 Apr 3, 2009
This is about Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, doing her job, as regards Guam. I see no problem here at all.

Chicago IL

#17 Apr 3, 2009
Dallas wrote:
This is about Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, doing her job, as regards
Guam. I see no problem here at all.
Thanks
I consider the issue closed.Like Iwas back in grade school ...
Mis understandings do happen.......
I am waiting on them post some threads.....Tim

Chicago IL

#18 Apr 10, 2009
Happy Easter every one

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Madeleine Bordallo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Survivors still hope for war claims passage (Apr '08) Sep '16 Jerome Pablo 20
News Southern High student dies (Jan '07) Nov '15 castros4life 10
News In the Loop: Want to stop enriching people whos... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Le Jimbo 9
News UOG gets $630,015 from HHS (Jun '14) Jul '14 Shyshy 2
News Shocker: Indian diplomat Devyani Khobragade str... (Dec '13) Jan '14 JOHN METZGER 3
News When traveling to Guam, you need a license to e... (Apr '13) Apr '13 koizy 1
News Guam eager to receive U.S. missile defense system (Apr '13) Apr '13 susan 40
More from around the web