Guam to hire 20,000 skilled Filipino ...

Guam to hire 20,000 skilled Filipino workers

There are 91 comments on the Manila Bulletin story from Apr 9, 2008, titled Guam to hire 20,000 skilled Filipino workers. In it, Manila Bulletin reports that:

Guam will hire more than 20,000 skilled Filipino workers to facilitate the construction of an expanded US military base on that island, the mayor of the US territory's capital said the other night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Manila Bulletin.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
elenito

Saudi Arabia

#86 Oct 12, 2010
the news hopelly is true.iam maintenance painter here in saudi arabia for 18 years experience
Nickjhon Tejome Cabahug

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#87 Oct 15, 2010
can u plese help to fine a job as concrete pump operator!
Velia Parisee

Toronto, Canada

#88 Oct 21, 2010
Filipinos are very efficient or hardworking individuals. They don't just sit down and waste their time for nothing. If the locals/chamorros don't want the job i think it is just right to hire H2 workers. Let those local citizens to improve themselves to find a better job that they like instead of whining. They can do better than what they are now not by just depending on the government or social welfare.
augustus rommel salazar

Santa Rosa, Philippines

#89 Oct 31, 2011
I am a filipino cable installer/lineman-repairer for 14 years and i want to work in guam am i legible work there
gibzkie

Imus, Philippines

#90 Dec 8, 2011
yes i agree,, local first before outside guam..but the question is......they want and they really can to perform as pinoy's skills???
cris cabatuan of toledo

Philippines

#91 Jan 21, 2012
only rumors but nothing to work.why like that?so many people finish to medical the request of marlyn alcover.but untill now nothing to go guam.
greggers

Green Bay, WI

#92 Feb 12, 2012
hire the locals then look outside Guam, hire the main landers, then hire Fillipino or 1st the Japanese as who the gov. that will pay for this is the question.
Nicolah

Dubai, UAE

#93 Feb 21, 2012
lois sprague wrote:
<quoted text>I should think that the local residents should be considered before bring in these so called Filipino Workers. This smells...
Come to United Arab Emirates and you know what is smell :)))
AMANDO

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#94 Sep 14, 2012
i want to work in Guam
this is the big oppurtunity of the filipino people.
mztza

Mesa, AZ

#95 Oct 7, 2012
JosephMendiola wrote:
Nothing against Filipinos but there are many locals and LT residents here - Chamorros, Filipinos, Mestizos, Statesiders, etc, even Micronesians - that could use the work. WHAT IS PURPOSE OF SETTING UP A GCC "TRADES ACADEMY" + LOCAL DOL APPRENTICESHIPS - read, USING SCARCE GOVGUAM + PRIVATE-INDUS $$$- IFF THE JOBS ARE GOING TO GO TO ANYBODY ELSE NOT A LOCAL TA GRADUATE NOR EVEN A LOCAL LEGAL RESIDENT??? I can't morally nor economically agree wid the logic.
i agree, it really does'nt matter what nationalities are hired. home is first. the only reason why they don't want to hire locals, they don't want to pay. they want cheap labor. the rest of the money they will, POCKET. we don't know what deals they made SECRETLY, how much of a kick back they'll get. thats personal politics.
three years

Saint Marys, GA

#96 May 17, 2015
Why couldn't these jobs be offered to people at Kings Bay Georgia. The job market here is nonexistent. I am sure if the local people knew there were jobs they would go from here.

List with the Georgia Department of Labor, Camden County Georgia 31558

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Madeleine Bordallo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Survivors still hope for war claims passage (Apr '08) Sep '16 Jerome Pablo 20
News Southern High student dies (Jan '07) Nov '15 castros4life 10
News In the Loop: Want to stop enriching people whos... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Le Jimbo 9
News UOG gets $630,015 from HHS (Jun '14) Jul '14 Shyshy 2
News Shocker: Indian diplomat Devyani Khobragade str... (Dec '13) Jan '14 JOHN METZGER 3
News When traveling to Guam, you need a license to e... (Apr '13) Apr '13 koizy 1
News Guam eager to receive U.S. missile defense system (Apr '13) Apr '13 susan 40
More from around the web