Wanna voice your opinion? Tell Congressman Mac Thornberry
Read more: Local , Politics , News , Mac Thornberry , Congressman Thornberry , Thornberry Texas Panhandle , Conversations with Mac U.S. Congressman Mac Thornberry will be in the Panhandle soon and you are invited go voice your opinion! Rep.
Join the discussion below, or Read more at KVII-TV Amarillo.
#1 Aug 30, 2011
My opinion is simple:
(1) Senators and Representatives should have term limits
(2) Legislators should be made to utilize and contribute to the same Social Security system as their constituents
(3) Legislators should be made to participate in the same health care plan being created for the American people, and should have to give up their "federal" healthcare plan
(4) Legislators should listen to their constituents.
(5) Immigration - if you are here without going through the proper admission process, then you ARE going home. Regardless of the length of time you have been here, your criminal history (or lack thereof), and the number of kids you have fathered/birthed while being here. Having a kid does not make you a citizen!!! Additionally, if you are here illegally, you nor your offspring, should be eligible for entitlement programs (Medicare/Medicaid), student loans, housing assistance, etc.
(6) Legislators (President's, Senators, Representatives, etc.) should NOT receive pensions based on political service.
(7) Legislators should be made to read and understand the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, and should understand that neither is to be "interpreted" to suit personal agendas. It is what it is, and its meaning is clear.
(8) Entitlement recipients should be made to submit to drug testing and failure should result in loss of all future benefits and they should have to pay back all past benefits.
This is the short list. There are a lot of issues that our "politicians" fail to handle because they are too busy being "political".
#2 Aug 30, 2011
You forgot lobbiest carring suitcases full of money to bribe ,oops donate to .our elected leaders to push their own personal agenda.I personally anything negative will never be mentioned to ole Mac.His assistant will send you a pretyped letter that never says shit.
#3 Oct 29, 2011
I agree with everything on your short list --- and probably most everything on your long list, too.
I am Dr. Pam Barlow, and I am running to replace Mac Thornberry in Congress. I am a Tea Party Christian Constitutional Conservative Republican.
Please check me out at SENDMETOCONGRESS dot US. I will go to Washington and work as hard as I humanly can to bring about the changes you have listed, along with many others --- and then I will come home and help to elect my replacement!!!
I look forward to your support, and ask for your VOTE in the Republican Primary on March 6, 2012.
#4 Oct 29, 2011
I will vote for you
#5 Nov 7, 2011
Sure not a fan of Mac Thornberry but I'll take him any day over Pam Barlow. No thanks Dr. Barlow. We will take Mac if we have to.
Add your comments below
|Trump's feud with slain soldier's parents roils...||Aug 2||Cordwainer Trout||2|
|The Latest: Islamic State enters US uproar over...||Aug 1||Death on 2 Legs||2|
|GOP-led House moves ahead with bill to boost mi...||May '16||Andy J||2|
|A Washington ritual: Pentagon, Congress at odds...||Apr '16||FUBAR||1|
|GOP backers of defense budget hike got millions... (Feb '16)||Feb '16||Your Ex||43|
|Pentagon to unveil plan to close Gitmo, transfe... (Feb '16)||Feb '16||serfs up||1|
|Texas Governor Fights Federal Claim to Texans' ... (Dec '15)||Jan '16||Ritual Habitual||7|
Find what you want!
Search Mac Thornberry Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC