(1) Senators and Representatives should have term limits
(2) Legislators should be made to utilize and contribute to the same Social Security system as their constituents
(3) Legislators should be made to participate in the same health care plan being created for the American people, and should have to give up their "federal" healthcare plan
(4) Legislators should listen to their constituents.
(5) Immigration - if you are here without going through the proper admission process, then you ARE going home. Regardless of the length of time you have been here, your criminal history (or lack thereof), and the number of kids you have fathered/birthed while being here. Having a kid does not make you a citizen!!! Additionally, if you are here illegally, you nor your offspring, should be eligible for entitlement programs (Medicare/Medicaid), student loans, housing assistance, etc.
(6) Legislators (President's, Senators, Representatives, etc.) should NOT receive pensions based on political service.
(7) Legislators should be made to read and understand the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, and should understand that neither is to be "interpreted" to suit personal agendas. It is what it is, and its meaning is clear.
(8) Entitlement recipients should be made to submit to drug testing and failure should result in loss of all future benefits and they should have to pay back all past benefits.
This is the short list. There are a lot of issues that our "politicians" fail to handle because they are too busy being "political".