Congressman Says Paris Hilton's Econo...

Congressman Says Paris Hilton's Economic Plan Has Legs

There are 8 comments on the NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth story from Aug 7, 2008, titled Congressman Says Paris Hilton's Economic Plan Has Legs. In it, NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth reports that:

Sen. John McCain may have linked Sen. Barack Obama to celebrity Paris Hilton . But a Texas congressman sees correlations between energy plans proposed by his GOP colleagues and one pitched by the blond ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth.

Slappaho

San Marcos, TX

#1 Aug 7, 2008
The sign of the coming apocalypse.....

“Aloha!”

Since: Jun 08

United States

#2 Aug 8, 2008
Perhaps Rep. Michael Burgess Would Be "Half Serious" After He Sees The Results Of My Topix Presidential Poll:

Paris Hilton 50 37%
Barack Obama 46 34%
John McCain 37 27%
Current Total 133

Source: http://www.topix.com/forum/source/honolulu-st...
teresa76- Irving- Tx

New York, NY

#3 Aug 8, 2008
Slappaho wrote:
The sign of the coming apocalypse.....
What do you mean?
happy medium

Lewisville, TX

#4 Aug 8, 2008
teresa76- Irving- Tx wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean?
If you have to ask then you don't get the joke here regarding our current pop culture.
Oklahoma Sweetheart

United States

#5 Aug 8, 2008
Ride that wave for all its worth, Rep. Michael Burgess!!!!!!!! Parasite.
Two Pack Sugar

United States

#6 Aug 8, 2008
He really meant to say that Paris has legs, not her economic plan.
just candid

AOL

#7 Aug 8, 2008
Two Pack Sugar wrote:
He really meant to say that Paris has legs, not her economic plan.
And that's a fact, long ones indeed.
Roger J Waun

Irving, TX

#8 Aug 13, 2008
Paris Hilton would have a better chance of passing any legislation in the House than Mac Thornberry. After 14 years in office, he's never authored one piece of legislation that has ever passed.
There's a good reason for Thornberry's bill languishing in Committee for 18 months with no action: In it he calls for ignoring all environmental laws to use closed military bases to build refineries in populated areas. Also, his bill calls for oil drilling in Wilderness Areas, that have been protected since the days of Teddy Roosevelt. It is an extreme bill that would deny State's Rights to control the off-shore development of oil rigs along their coastlines -- something many states that depend upon tourism economies will never stand for, and would immediately sue in Federal Court.
Thornberry, who has accepted over $150,000 in contributions from Big Oil companies, is just doing their bidding, even though he knows that his legislation would not result in a reduction of oil prices, or an increase in oil production for more than an estimated 10 years from now.
Maybe his ideas appeal to Paris Hilton and Congressman Burgess, but for the rest of America his ideas are a non-starter. Thornberry has consistently opposed tax incentives for Wind and Solar energy when given the opportunity to vote for them, so inclusion of an extension of tax incentives for Aternative energy in his bill is a curious thing, and is meant to attract votes in the House. But Democrats are unwilling to sacrifice environmental concerns to the alter of more and bigger profits for big oil companies, who under the current energy policy passed by the Republican House in 2005, already receive a $12 billion tax cut.(They used that money to buy back their own stock, not to drill on the over 60 million acres of Federal lands that they already hold oil leases on and have yet to develop.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mac Thornberry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News No 'fire and fury' as Trump team talks North Ko... Sep '17 Trump is a joke 2
News Experimental defense unit funds new tech but fa... Aug '17 anonymous 3
News Trump's feud with slain soldier's parents roils... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Cordwainer Trout 2
News The Latest: Islamic State enters US uproar over... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Death on 2 Legs 2
News GOP-led House moves ahead with bill to boost mi... (May '16) May '16 Andy J 2
News A Washington ritual: Pentagon, Congress at odds... (Apr '16) Apr '16 FUBAR 1
News GOP backers of defense budget hike got millions... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Your Ex 43
More from around the web